ADVERTISEMENT

Maryland game.

KidsDoc

All-American
Gold Member
Aug 29, 2001
WE played decent in the 1st quarter but Jones looks bad and Layden not doing anything. Maryland taking it to us in the 2nd quarter. turnovers and can't shoot

In who's mind is it a good idea for Stevenson to bring the ball up against the Maryland press? We just don't seem like a well coached team in basic fundamentals and game planning.

We look bad . No sugar coating it. Maryland does have some good player. They have been bringing in great talent supposedly. Why have they fallen off lately?

MAryland up 44-31 at the half. Caitlyn and Madison both playing poorly, each with 2 points, but Madison at least has 2 rebounds2 steals and an assist. Caitlyn has one bucket and one rebound...... Stevenson not doing much of anything at all, 4 points, 4 turnovers, and only 1 rebound. We are getting killed on the glass 19-9, 15 turnovers and lucky to be playing a team struggling themselves or we could be down 30 at the half. Jones 0-4 with 3 fouls and 1 board. Smith with one assist, 1-2 fts, and one TO. Reynolds just a TO. Swanson and McKenna each with a 3 only are in the top five of scoring for Purdue at the half.

Last edited:
We look bad . No sugar coating it. Maryland does have some good player. They have been bringing in great talent supposedly. Why have they fallen off lately?
Because Angel Reese is at LSU, Owusu is in Happy Valley, the Reynolds sisters are at Purdue and Frese can no longer bring in great players faster than she chases them off.

MAryland up 68-50 after 3 quarters. Both teams with stupid high turnover numbers.

Good lord - 68-50 end of 3rd Q. I just saw where BTN+ is free this weekend so pulled up the game on my laptop at the start of the 2nd half. PU goes on a run and closes the gap to 5 points then just gives it all back and then some.
So frustrating

Reactions: MichaelRR
Katie conceded the game with over 3 minutes left, we now have Jones, McKenna, Monson, Swanson and Alaina in the game just running out the last two minutes.

Reactions: HoopDad317
Final Maryland 88 Purdue 66.... we had 19 turnovers, 15 in the first half. Maryland had 17, 13 in the first half. Maryland 19 points off Purdue turnovers. Maryland 38 points in paint, Purdue 26. We only shot 7 fts to Maryland's 18, a sign of the more aggressive team. Jones finished 0-7 from the field, no points and 3 fouls.

Let’s be honest, team isn’t good, I thought they’d be better than last year, so far that looks to be wrong, not sure what happened.

Reactions: Gesysp
Because Angel Reese is at LSU, Owusu is in Happy Valley, the Reynolds sisters are at Purdue and Frese can no longer bring in great players faster than she chases them off.
Reese is so overrated. Entitled, lazy, poor off the court antics. And can’t make grades. No thanks. I’ll take our Purdue squad any day.

Reese is so overrated. Entitled, lazy, poor off the court antics. And can’t make grades. No thanks. I’ll take our Purdue squad any day.
Reese is a great player, she's just let it give her a big head and she thinks she is better than she is.

Let’s be honest, team isn’t good, I thought they’d be better than last year, so far that looks to be wrong, not sure what happened.
Lost a lot of players, some who weren't replaced adequately. Additionally some players aren't as good this year as last year, maybe all returning players are playing slightly worse than last year except Layden, who is still not a good now as she was pre injury. Only having five returnees players put a lot more pressure on the coaches as they had to teach the majority of the team all of the offense and defense from the ground up. This year's two transfers so far are wastes of scholarships and lastly the bench has no BT experience except Smith, and she is playing very poorly this season so far most games.

Agreed. The staff has to have hoped the returners would step up in the missing roles and the freshmen would be able to transition at their own speed vs. Needing to step up immediately which Stevenson is the only one to really do so. I do think its worth noting CKG was busy hiring new assistants at the start of the portal last year which had to limit who she went after. Starting to think we have to chalk this season up to a rebuild.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT