ADVERTISEMENT

Markese Stepp to visit Purdue

interesting. ND said he didn't qualify academically. As part of one of these discussions, I researched Notre Dame's academic acceptance requirements. Purdue's are actually higher. So obviously, if he's even thinking of Purdue, then ND GASP ..... lied ......... about the reason he de-committed.

And people wonder why I don't believe everything that ADs, coaches and the sports media say. Why not just be honest. ? ND was trying to make room for somebody they coveted more.

And if Purdue signs Stepp, it will be a great move. but in so doing, there will be a Purdue player who de-commits. I believe Steep would be a great fit for Purdue. I also understand the realities of college recruiting.

How good is he if ND wants to let him go?
His offer list includes USC, Iowa, Georgia, LSU, Miami, Louisville, Michigan, Michigan State, Nebraska, IU, Tennessee, Wisconsin, Syracuse, Ohio State, Penn State, Missouri, Minnesota, Illinois, and Cincinnati.

Crystal ball now shows 57% chance of him coming to Purdue.

Reactions: Zaphod_B
Man him and Rondale would be the center piece of the offense if they both come. And tell me if I'm looking into this too much but Rondale just followed Jamarcus shephard on twitter

interesting. ND said he didn't qualify academically. As part of one of these discussions, I researched Notre Dame's academic acceptance requirements. Purdue's are actually higher. So obviously, if he's even thinking of Purdue, then ND GASP ..... lied ......... about the reason he de-committed.

And people wonder why I don't believe everything that ADs, coaches and the sports media say. Why not just be honest. ? ND was trying to make room for somebody they coveted more.

And if Purdue signs Stepp, it will be a great move. but in so doing, there will be a Purdue player who de-commits. I believe Steep would be a great fit for Purdue. I also understand the realities of college recruiting.

You are correct. ND is a hard school to get into......unless you are a football player they really want. They have ways to get those players in so either this kid is going to have problems getting into many schools (seems unlikely given his high school and those who are still pursuing him) or they just decided to part ways with perhaps ND using this as a reason.

Reactions: Zaphod_B and DG10
You are correct. ND is a hard school to get into......unless you are a football player they really want. They have ways to get those players in so either this kid is going to have problems getting into many schools (seems unlikely given his high school and those who are still pursuing him) or they just decided to part ways with perhaps ND using this as a reason.
Rhodes scholar Manti Teo says hi...

I can understand ND shying away because of his injuries! However they should be honest about their reasoning! Putting out the rumor he didn't academically qualify is close to slander!

Reactions: DG10
I can understand ND shying away because of his injuries! However they should be honest about their reasoning! Putting out the rumor he didn't academically qualify is close to slander!
If we knew what was going on behind closed doors in South Bend, the likely story is they've probably lined up a better prospect so they're dropping Steppe.

Reactions: ChuckJr
If we knew what was going on behind closed doors in South Bend, the likely story is they've probably lined up a better prospect so they're dropping Steppe.
I can agree and believe that! I just get tired of all the lies and spin! They seem to have taken over our world!

To be fair it's not the Notre Dame staff saying it, it's their fans.

Notre Dame (like all coaches) coaches can't say anything about a recruit until the LOI is signed and faxed

He was told he had to improve his academic performance. He didn't do it so admissions wouldn't let him in.

Eric Dickerson style back...great feet,vision,speed and can catch...He has been running through big holes and his pad level as you can imagine is a little high.....More than worth a shot!!!

Reactions: DG10
His Dad was a flat out beast at Bishop Luers and Miami of Ohio. Comes from a good family and his Dad was one of the strongest guys I know.

Last edited:
Reactions: ChuckJr
his own parents have told people.. It's common knowledge..
OK - so his dad told his cousin, who told his brother, who told his wife, who told a lady she works with, who told her son, who told your son?

I've told my son many times he needs to improve his academic habits and study harder! Im so happy that Notre Dame officials are so interested in Stepp's study habits and treat him like their son! i find it so loving that they care so much about his studies before he even enrolled at their school! Maybe if they showed that same amount of love for Holmes and Williams, they'd still be part of their family!

Reactions: TheBoris
nope.

you give someone like him the early signing period. If he's serious, he'll sign. if not, move on and cut him loose.

I don’t see an issue with this. We can’t afford to wait on a kid and be told no, where other programs have plenty of backups they can take if plans A-C don’t work out.

In that article, Stepp says Purdue is going to sign a different RB. I saw today, Purdue was visiting a RB Wilson from Alabama. He definitely wasn't as good as Stepp. But if Stepp is right, Brohm intends to add a RB .

if we informed Stepp we want him to sign in the early signing period, I have to believe Brohm has informed Taylor, Moore, Arak, Israel and the rest of his targets the same thing.

Last edited:
Reactions: Zaphod_B
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT