ADVERTISEMENT

Marcellus Moore

Was just randomly perusing Twitter after the commitment and noticed on Maliq Carr’s spot in bio for location he has West Lafayette on there. Has it been there for a while? He has also been retweeting Purdue commits announcements. I have a good feeling he’s already in the bag and waiting out that October 11 date

Moore is on the outside on the video. Can easily see why he has such a great offer list.
I checked out some track highlights of him. Dude is flying past people. He's probably going to be in tje low 4.3s by the time he gets here. Everyone go long.

Saw on H&R he's at 4.29, 10.36 100m. Maybe mid-4.2s by freshman year?

Similar to Rondale and his ranking, this kid should be a 4 star, but it’s size that makes him a 3 star. As Rondale told recruiters who questioned his size, you can not teach speed. He is going to be fun to watch also in Brohm’s offense.

Let’s close out the WRs with Carr!

Reactions: Zaphod_B
Let’s just say he’s so fast that stopwatch operated is still pressing down on the stopwatch buttonby the time Moore crosses the finish line

4.35 is laser timed, so what's even nuttier is that if this was hand timed we would be talking 4.2 perhaps.

But yeah, He's fast, haha that was a good one!

Similar to Rondale and his ranking, this kid should be a 4 star, but it’s size that makes him a 3 star. As Rondale told recruiters who questioned his size, you can not teach speed. He is going to be fun to watch also in Brohm’s offense.

Let’s close out the WRs with Carr!
If it’s just his size holding back his ranking, that’s pretty short sighted on the part of the so-called experts. Would Brandin Cooks, Antonio Brown, Julian Edelman, or Tyreek Hill be any better in their current roles if they were 6’5”? Probably would be worse due to loss of quickness and cutting ability. There are multiple, distinct receiver roles in a modern offense that the services don’t seem to value. You can’t have 5’9” receivers all over the field, but one or two in the slot with world class quickness can be deadly.

If it’s just his size holding back his ranking, that’s pretty short sighted on the part of the so-called experts. Would Brandin Cooks, Antonio Brown, Julian Edelman, or Tyreek Hill be any better in their current roles if they were 6’5”? Probably would be worse due to loss of quickness and cutting ability. There are multiple, distinct receiver roles in a modern offense that the services don’t seem to value. You can’t have 5’9” receivers all over the field, but one or two in the slot with world class quickness can be deadly.
I completely agree with that. Just because a kid hits what you feel are the prototypical sizes needed to be successful at the next level, this is what we are giving you ratings wise, but unfortunately it happens.

Rivals had Rondale as the 100th best receiver in his class. The 2 "experts" that picked him that low basically admitted at the end of the season last year that they obviously underrated him big time. They talked about how they were not sure of how his size would play in the next level during the rating process, even with the speed. It might not be the same in this case with this kid, but from the videos I have seen with his blazing speed it seems to be similar to that same bias. With those big time offers, you would expect this kid is a four star.

Of course, Ricardo Allen was only a three star, and he even had a bigger offer list. I thought size was a factor for him in that rating if I remembering right. It is obviously a subjective system they use to rate recruits.

I completely agree with that. Just because a kid hits what you feel are the prototypical sizes needed to be successful at the next level, this is what we are giving you ratings wise, but unfortunately it happens.

Rivals had Rondale as the 100th best receiver in his class. The 2 "experts" that picked him that low basically admitted at the end of the season last year that they obviously underrated him big time. They talked about how they were not sure of how his size would play in the next level during the rating process, even with the speed. It might not be the same in this case with this kid, but from the videos I have seen with his blazing speed it seems to be similar to that same bias. With those big time offers, you would expect this kid is a four star.

Of course, Ricardo Allen was only a three star, and he even had a bigger offer list. I thought size was a factor for him in that rating if I remembering right. It is obviously a subjective system they use to rate recruits.
I'm psyched we need moore Moore's.

It isn’t. I asked the 247 guys the same question. They said they question his commitment to football. Nothing bad, but said he loves track

Where did it say running back? It said backfield and wideout. Same thing Rondale does

I'd say it's similar to how a shooting guard and a small forward in basketball are just called "wings" these days. Marcellus may be listed as an APB, he may be listed as a WR. Truth is probably a little of both. He'll be lined up all over the field and get the ball in all sorts of different ways. And of course he'll return kicks too.

He's about 1 suburb over from me. I glanced at his schedule for this fall and may try to get to one of his games decked out in Purdue gear.

I wonder if his scholly is for track. If so, that would then give us one extra scholly against the football limits.
By NCAA rule the scholarship would have to be for football. If he were playing basketball and track the scholarship would have to be for basketball. There's a set heirarchy mandated by the NCAA

Last edited:
Reactions: Boilermaker24
By NCAA rule the scholarship would have to be for football. If he were playing basketball and track the scholarship would have to be fir basketball. There's a set heirarchy mandated by the NCAA

What if a player plays b-ball and fball?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT