ADVERTISEMENT

Major media banned from White House briefing

Honest question since you seem to have thought this out and I could never imagine the idea, how would this state run press have handled just a few of the issue with Trump like the size of his inauguration, that he won the popular vote if not for illegal votes, buying his daughters cloths...?

Does your government news agency research any of these, discuss the ethical issues or simply report everything the WH says as fact?

I'm not a proponent of a Gov run news agency. That said, I don't see anything wrong with the Gov issuing reports, statements, etc directly to the people, especially if they feel that the people are not getting straight stories from the Media. After all this is the age of instant communications. Historically, out of necessity it was necessary it was required to get news in print to people. Now not so,much. i really dislike Trump's methods and rancor but I don't have a problem with him calling them out, etc.

Honest question since you seem to have thought this out and I could never imagine the idea, how would this state run press have handled just a few of the issue with Trump like the size of his inauguration, that he won the popular vote if not for illegal votes, buying his daughters cloths...?

Does your government news agency research any of these, discuss the ethical issues or simply report everything the WH says as fact?

I am not a proponent of a Gov news agency. I'm speaking to the Government issuing its own comments and responses to situations where the Media doesn't or won't explain both sides of an argument. Unfortunately in my opinion today's media does a crappy job. I'm a proponent of the Journalism Code of Ethics

http://www.spj.org/pdf/spj-code-of-ethics.pdf

I'm not a proponent of a Gov run news agency. That said, I don't see anything wrong with the Gov issuing reports, statements, etc directly to the people, especially if they feel that the people are not getting straight stories from the Media. After all this is the age of instant communications. Historically, out of necessity it was necessary it was required to get news in print to people. Now not so,much. i really dislike Trump's methods and rancor but I don't have a problem with him calling them out, etc.
exactly. the media is an unnecessary go between in these days. they know it too.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT