ADVERTISEMENT

LOOKS LIKE WE'RE IN FOR ANOTHER LOUSY SEASON!

Sep 27, 2009
It seems whenever Purdue is favored, line was 8, they fail miserably! If this game was a preview of things to come, the remainder of the season will not be good!

This next game will pretty much let us know how the season will pan out. Either step up on offense or have another bad season

I believe every boiler fan counted this game as a win even if coached by Hazell! Looking at the past boiler history, the revolving QB idea has never worked!

Reactions: dbartn
QB is a huge problem. We don't have a leader. None of these guys strike me as a leader, someone who is able to keep everyone focused and confident. Purdue has had nothing out of QB for a decade or more. Just absolutely nothing. A team of so called division one athletes can't get a first down can't get 10 yards???? It's ten yards. Can't get a big play?? It was all personality. The first few games they were fine against far better teams than Rutgers. Then come out the last three weeks with nothing.

One thing I am not understanding,Since the offense practices against the defense, and Purdue has a decent defense, does the defense get a bunch of interceptions in practice and the receivers drop passes??? They gotta learn something from practices!

Well today was obviously a big disappointment. A very winnable game and one we should have won. Definitely the worst loss of the year so far. Thought we had a chance to hit Mahoungou for the 2 point conversion if we had thrown it without hesitating. Seems like Rutgers had two big plays and that was all it took to steal the win. If we are going to play a rotating quarterback system, I think we should let each play an entire half. Sindelar made some good plays but then threw some bad picks. Seemed to me he started off pretty good, but had too many drops early on by the receivers. I hope we get Tario Fuller back before the end of the season - I think he could help us. Not sure I agreed with the running back substitutions today. There were a few plays where it seemed Worship would have been the right guy to run it. The 4th down where Blough tried to run it and was stopped - why not hand off to Worship if he was in? We really need to figure out how to get touchdowns instead of field goals. I sort of viewed this game like a trap game - and so it was. I still think we can get to 6 wins if we can figure out how to punch it in when we are in the red zone. I think next week is a must win game if we want to make any noise the rest of the year.

Reactions: boilerbusdriver
Well today was obviously a big disappointment. A very winnable game and one we should have won. Definitely the worst loss of the year so far. Thought we had a chance to hit Mahoungou for the 2 point conversion if we had thrown it without hesitating. Seems like Rutgers had two big plays and that was all it took to steal the win. If we are going to play a rotating quarterback system, I think we should let each play an entire half. Sindelar made some good plays but then threw some bad picks. Seemed to me he started off pretty good, but had too many drops early on by the receivers. I hope we get Tario Fuller back before the end of the season - I think he could help us. Not sure I agreed with the running back substitutions today. There were a few plays where it seemed Worship would have been the right guy to run it. The 4th down where Blough tried to run it and was stopped - why not hand off to Worship if he was in? We really need to figure out how to get touchdowns instead of field goals. I sort of viewed this game like a trap game - and so it was. I still think we can get to 6 wins if we can figure out how to punch it in when we are in the red zone. I think next week is a must win game if we want to make any noise the rest of the year.
Good evaluation, now let’s get it done!

Reactions: Purdue0034
A trap game??? Exactly what is a trap game? Sounds like something someone made up to try and make a loss not sound so bad. Lets just be honest, when the QB's threw the ball well the receivers dropped it a lot, and other times the QB's were off on the throws, plus there were some bad play calls, and the motion penalty on the 4 yard line didn't help either.

Before the season started, the general consensus on this board was that we would win 3 to 5 games. We have won 3 and we should have won yesterday, true but we didn't. We played really bad, but this is not a lousy season by any stretch. There is excitement in Purdue football again. We are being talked about on a national stage again.

We all knew it was going to take 3 years or so to get his players in. I know we live in a society of instant gratification and everyone expects to win now.

We had a sell out this year and attendence has picked up. We have played ranked teams close again. We don't have the talent yet. Lets just be honest. The cupboard was left pretty bare (I don't care what Hazell said a couple of weeks ago). Brohm said before the season started that WR was a problem (that is why you have seen me post so much lately about I hope we will get Moore, but I know it is a long shot. We need you Moore and Anderson if you are listening.) and they have proven that statement true all year with dropped passes. Our OL is not very good either. However, we just got a Rivals 250 and beat out major programs. When is the last time we did that for such a highly ranked national talent? He will bring others (hopefully Kiser and Bell (we can dream)).

Even if we don't win another game this year, which I think we will, I will not call this a lousy season. I think that the future is bright. The future is so bright I have to wear (Purdue) shades (sorry I grew up in the 80's).

Before the season started, the general consensus on this board was that we would win 3 to 5 games. We have won 3 and we should have won yesterday, true but we didn't. We played really bad, but this is not a lousy season by any stretch. There is excitement in Purdue football again. We are being talked about on a national stage again.

We all knew it was going to take 3 years or so to get his players in. I know we live in a society of instant gratification and everyone expects to win now.

We had a sell out this year and attendence has picked up. We have played ranked teams close again. We don't have the talent yet. Lets just be honest. The cupboard was left pretty bare (I don't care what Hazell said a couple of weeks ago). Brohm said before the season started that WR was a problem (that is why you have seen me post so much lately about I hope we will get Moore, but I know it is a long shot. We need you Moore and Anderson if you are listening.) and they have proven that statement true all year with dropped passes. Our OL is not very good either. However, we just got a Rivals 250 and beat out major programs. When is the last time we did that for such a highly ranked national talent? He will bring others (hopefully Kiser and Bell (we can dream)).

Even if we don't win another game this year, which I think we will, I will not call this a lousy season. I think that the future is bright. The future is so bright I have to wear (Purdue) shades (sorry I grew up in the 80's).
we need to recruit a player like Michael Parker , a tall receiver w/ good hands and basketball backround.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT