ADVERTISEMENT

Looking ahead to 2025

Looking forward to the upcoming season as well! I think Purdue has a high floor and an even higher ceiling!
Painter has a tough job in putting together some high functioning lineups and I Believe quite a few players can be very productive. Braden and TKR have to be at the top of their games and productivity, Fletch I hope brings consistency to his high end shooting and makes opponents focus on him and I’d say no less than 5 other guys will have their moments to shine during the season! BTFU!!

Last edited:
Purdue is going to have another great year. I think a FF appearance is our ceiling.
I'd say Kansas, Connecticut, Alabama, or Arkansas wins it all. Thoughts?

We may struggle some early, then make a run.

But I am not familiar with any of the 4 rosters you mentioned or anyone else's for that matter. But I was in Bloomington last weekend & have it on good authority that iu will be a FF team. 😎.

But I am not familiar with any of the 4 rosters you mentioned or anyone else's for that matter. But I was in Bloomington last weekend & have it on good authority that iu will be a FF team. 😎.
The rich are getting richer in many places, due to the portal, NIL, and the last year anyone can take a Covid year. Many guys are playing another year in college instead of attempting to go to the NBA but instead ending up in the G-League or another country. Sears returning to Alabama is a big one, and they also got Omoyuri (sic?) from Rutgers I believe. UConn lost 4 guys but kept Karaban and reloaded with some transfers and the Indinia decommit McNeely. Arkansas got Cal along with a handful of his UK players and recruits.

I don’t mean to minimize it, but you look at that list of offers and that’s always felt like a strange offer for Purdue. I don’t recall Painter ever entering into a competition like that as late in the game as this one was.
No I agree. It was a late offer…seemed more after he had watched the U18 team. Thought maybe we had a chance haha.

Haralson, Sisley, singleton and SWA are still in play that I think could happen—probably only 1-2 of them.

JH probably going out of state.

Sisley is a really possibility.

Singleton - I think we are the best program that has offered. But not sure where we stand

SWA…no clue where we stand with him, but us and KU are the top 2 programs there. He is from Texas so I’m sure Baylor and TAMU play a factor there. Auburn with Pearl and that NIL always a threat, but they’ll have to reallllly hit the portal next year with so many pieces gone after this year.

Last edited:
Reactions: collegehoopsfan123
No I agree. It was a late offer…seemed more after he had watched the U18 team. Thought maybe we had a chance haha.

Haralson, Sisley, singleton and SWA are still in play that I think could happen—probably only 1-2 of them.

Singleton - I think we are the best program that has offered. But not sure where we stand

SWA…no clue where we stand with him, but us and KU are the top 2 programs there. He is from Texas so I’m sure Baylor and TAMU play a factor there. Auburn with Pearl and that NIL always a threat, but they’ll have to reallllly hit the portal next year with so many pieces gone after this year.
I would be very happy with one signee on Painter’s ‘first tier’ list for 2025, regardless of position. Having only one scholarship offer out until fairly recently combined with a pretty thin in state class seems really challenging for Purdue.

I agree with your assessment on Haralson and Sisley. For Singleton, it’s going to depend on what’s important to him. Louisville has obviously really struggled but is his hometown school and may be very tough to beat out if they make him a priority.

Agree with you that the Texas schools and KU are likely to be real obstacles for Williams-Adams.

I would be very happy with one signee on Painter’s ‘first tier’ list for 2025, regardless of position. Having only one scholarship offer out until fairly recently combined with a pretty thin in state class seems really challenging for Purdue.

I agree with your assessment on Haralson and Sisley. For Singleton, it’s going to depend on what’s important to him. Louisville has obviously really struggled but is his hometown school and may be very tough to beat out if they make him a priority.

Agree with you that the Texas schools and KU are likely to be real obstacles for Williams-Adams.
Well if we whiff on the recruiting front…do we…dare I say…. Go into the transfer pool 🫢 😱

Reactions: Roeder
Well if we whiff on the recruiting front…do we…dare I say…. Go into the transfer pool 🫢 😱
That's the interesting thing right, where are you optimizing for the short term versus the longer term? I suspect they offered a kid like Khamenia, which is not this staff's standard MO, because he was skilled enough to step in and contribute from day one next season on a team that will likely have very high goals.

If Singleton or Sisley come, they probably carve out some role next season but it's possible that they won't contribute in a big way until the year after. Assuming that Trey and Cam are likely back at the 4 and 5, I'm not sure that you can get a big-time talent in the portal to come in and likely be more of a role player for next season, but if you can land a Lance Jones-type does that provide more immediate help to an experienced team than a true freshman?

IF everyone returns the 25-26 team will likely be top 5 and a title contender.

If Sisley and others go elsewhere, I think Purdue could be pretty attractive to a portal transfer 3/4 or 4/5. That's a year you put all the eggs in the basket to plug any weaknesses IMO.

IF everyone returns the 25-26 team will likely be top 5 and a title contender.

If Sisley and others go elsewhere, I think Purdue could be pretty attractive to a portal transfer 3/4 or 4/5. That's a year you put all the eggs in the basket to plug any weaknesses IMO.
Yup. Only recruit IMO that could make a significant impact next year for the team would be Haralson. All others would be minimal, but would be really good players for us in years 2-4.

I don’t disagree, but keep in perspective that Moreno was cut from the same USA basketball U18 team Daniel Jacobsen just started on.
Wow, I did not know that. Moreno is probably going to be a McDonald's All-American in 2025.
And while watching a practice clip of C.J. Cox draining 3's, I saw Jacobsen drain multiple 3's in the
background court. And that was supposed to be his weakness in high school.

It's going to be exciting where these guys decide to go. Nothing against Sisley but his build
reminds me of Adam Liddell from 2003. Hope Sisley's game in college is more like Robbie Hummel.

If Haralson is going out of state, then its KU, MSU, or Mizzou. Nothing would surprise me with JH.

SWA would be a great get. Singleton is underrated and Antione West might still be in play, too.

Wow, I did not know that. Moreno is probably going to be a McDonald's All-American in 2025.
And while watching a practice clip of C.J. Cox draining 3's, I saw Jacobsen drain multiple 3's in the
background court. And that was supposed to be his weakness in high school.
What practice clip you referring to??

What practice clip you referring to??
10:20 - 10:45 mark. #44 in Black Jersey in background court hits 2/5 on right side of 3 line. 40%.
And Burgess went 3/6 on same court on left side of 3 line. 50%. Not bad for 2 frosh big men.
And it looks like Berg goes 5/7 from 3, 71% on court in far, far background with Braden rebounding.

Last edited:

yeh, I think we have a season similar to Marquette's this year

Reactions: pboiler18
Mullins is not taking an official visit to Purdue!
Yeah makes sense. Not sure where he would fit with next years team and if he wants to play right away, I don’t think Purdue is the place for that due to our “logjam” of experienced players at his position next year. I also don’t see how IU fits that either for him, as they have a similar problem (unless they have players leave).

Also saw he said he loved his UConn visit and Hurley told him that if he came to UConn, he’d only be there for 10 months. Now, Mullins is a good player, but I think he’s at least a 3 year player…Hurley shouldn’t be lying to kids like that—just my two cents.

Yeah makes sense. Not sure where he would fit with next years team and if he wants to play right away, I don’t think Purdue is the place for that due to our “logjam” of experienced players at his position next year. I also don’t see how IU fits that either for him, as they have a similar problem (unless they have players leave).

Also saw he said he loved his UConn visit and Hurley told him that if he came to UConn, he’d only be there for 10 months. Now, Mullins is a good player, but I think he’s at least a 3 year player…Hurley shouldn’t be lying to kids like that—just my two cents.
I think it’ll be UK, or maybe UConn.

Reactions: DwaynePurvis00
His say teammate (Moreno) is recruiting him hard there and there would be time for him next year and I’d think UConn would have that open spot for him too once mcneeley leaves (if he’s the real deal).

I was told no team can match IU’s NIL and he for sure will be a Hoosier…but as we have seen time and time again, recruits don’t care about IU like the fanbase thinks they do.

He is planning to make a decision before his season so we will see. If it’s not IU, we will see how quick that fan base will turn on him.

Purdue makes Top 4 for Antione West Jr.
Michigan also offered according to Rivals.
Link below:

Last edited:
Reactions: DwaynePurvis00
Here's Mullins 9 listed official visit schools:
AL, UConn, IU, Duke, Kentucky, Michigan, UNC, TN, MSU
The Duke visit is only mentioned on twitter by his Dad.
The MSU visit is only mentioned on 247Sports.
I would be surprised if Mullins ended up at AL, IU or MSU.

KU, Purdue, ND, and UVA also offered but no official visits.
That's a lot of BIG offers to a kid that might miss the 2025
McDonald's All-American game. Looks like a 2 or 3 year college guy to me.

Last edited:
Here's Mullins 9 listed official visit schools:
AL, UConn, IU, Duke, Kentucky, Michigan, UNC, TN, MSU
The Duke visit is only mentioned on twitter by his Dad.
The MSU visit is only mentioned on 247Sports.
I would be surprised if Mullins ended up at AL, IU, or MSU.

KU, Purdue, ND, and UVA also offered but no official visits.
That's a lot of BIG offers to a kid that might miss the 2025
McDonald's All-American game. Looks like a 2 or 3 year college guy to me.
And nothing against him being a 2-3 year guy. He’s very good. But if we try to predict/look into where he might go…

Purdue and IU (assuming the backcourts are all back) don’t have a lot of mins for him to play in his first year. So I think both are out and I’m sticking with UConn or UK.

And nothing against him being a 2-3 year guy. He’s very good. But if we try to predict/look into where he might go…

Purdue and IU (assuming the backcourts are all back) don’t have a lot of mins for him to play in his first year. So I think both are out and I’m sticking with UConn or UK.
You could be right. He still has 8 official visits to take. That's one busy kid.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT