ADVERTISEMENT

Looking ahead to 2025

I find it interesting that this thread has some, but very little mention of NIL budget and expectations. Like it or not, high-level players are always one bad knee injury away from having their first year of college be their one big professional payday.

It's not the only consideration, but without real consideration of NIL possibilities for every recruit for each contending school it is never a complete picture these days. Because the favored school will prevail as long as NIL for that school is within range of other suitors.

Reactions: dumpsterFyre
I find it interesting that this thread has some, but very little mention of NIL budget and expectations. Like it or not, high-level players are always one bad knee injury away from having their first year of college be their one big professional payday.

It's not the only consideration, but without real consideration of NIL possibilities for every recruit for each contending school it is never a complete picture these days. Because the favored school will prevail as long as NIL for that school is within range of other suitors.
Yes. That’s a given.

That is true, but won't the new settlement substantially change the landscape for 2025? All NIL deals will have to go through a clearinghouse to avoid pay for play deals. I don't see that talked about anywhere, and I don't really understand why.

Reactions: Katscratch
JH locked in (maybe we already knew the date 😂):

For some reason I don’t think he’s going to Kansas. I think he’s got interest in Purdue but that path looks much tougher to pull off a one and done as he says he’s shooting for. I don’t know who he’d beat out as a freshman coming in? Possibly Heide or Colvin if they don’t make the jump expected this year 🤷🏼‍♂️.
I believe ND and MS have a really good chance. IU mid pack chance due to $$. If their players pay off this season his path to playing time gets muddled similar to Purdue. Missouri I don’t know the pull there but playing time likely easier to achieve.
I think it’s between MS and Notre Dame, and I hope for shrews sake he gets his guy if we don’t get him.

For some reason I don’t think he’s going to Kansas. I think he’s got interest in Purdue but that path looks much tougher to pull off a one and done as he says he’s shooting for. I don’t know who he’d beat out as a freshman coming in? Possibly Heide or Colvin if they don’t make the jump expected this year 🤷🏼‍♂️.
I believe ND and MS have a really good chance. IU mid pack chance due to $$. If their players pay off this season his path to playing time gets muddled similar to Purdue. Missouri I don’t know the pull there but playing time likely easier to achieve.
I think it’s between MS and Notre Dame, and I hope for shrews sake he gets his guy if we don’t get him.
KU - because of Self and getting guys drafted high in the NBA, coupled with $$ and playing in the Big12.

Mizzou - they have been spending big $$$$ since Gates got there (coach) so that’s why they’re on there

ND - near La Lu and probably has known shrews from his days at Purdue

MSU - this is an interesting one as they haven’t been the same MSU of old the last 5 years…I know Izzo has been recruiting hjn hard

IU - I assume all guards come back and don’t see how he gets that much playing time there but if the $$$ right then maybe he goes there? It’d be Rice, Carlyle, Tucker, (potentially) Newton and Cupps and probably another transfer portal guard. So crowded room.

Purdue - kinda similar to IU like you said. Maybe he’d split time at the 2 and 3…but def not a ton of mins there. BUT the relationship his family has had with coach Johnson has to mean a good amount. If he is willing to work for a spot and is the best option for Purdue to win, he will play major mins (painter isn’t afraid to do this but as we know, guarantees no one).

KU - because of Self and getting guys drafted high in the NBA, coupled with $$ and playing in the Big12.

Mizzou - they have been spending big $$$$ since Gates got there (coach) so that’s why they’re on there

ND - near La Lu and probably has known shrews from his days at Purdue

MSU - this is an interesting one as they haven’t been the same MSU of old the last 5 years…I know Izzo has been recruiting hjn hard

IU - I assume all guards come back and don’t see how he gets that much playing time there but if the $$$ right then maybe he goes there? It’d be Rice, Carlyle, Tucker, (potentially) Newton and Cupps and probably another transfer portal guard. So crowded room.

Purdue - kinda similar to IU like you said. Maybe he’d split time at the 2 and 3…but def not a ton of mins there. BUT the relationship his family has had with coach Johnson has to mean a good amount. If he is willing to work for a spot and is the best option for Purdue to win, he will play major mins (painter isn’t afraid to do this but as we know, guarantees no one).
I don’t think Haralson is coming to Purdue but I don’t think it’s because of minutes. I hope Heide and Colvin are great but I don’t think either is the next Ivey or Carsen. JH might be that type of player and if he is MP would get him on the floor.

I don’t think Haralson is coming to Purdue but I don’t think it’s because of minutes. I hope Heide and Colvin are great but I don’t think either is the next Ivey or Carsen. JH might be that type of player and if he is MP would get him on the floor.
where you think he’s going/you think wherever it may be is due to $$?

Reactions: collegehoopsfan123
where you think he’s going/you think wherever it may be is due to $$?
NIL money and promises, IMO. Painter is going to give him an honest view that he can play a critical role and they need his scoring and athleticism but he’s at best the #3 option on offense and MP won’t tell him otherwise. Other coaches will say that they’ll work to feature him from day one, whether they will or not.

Last edited:
NIL money and promises, IMO. Painter is going to give him an honest view that he can olay a critical role and they need his scoring and athleticism but he’s at best the #3 option on offense and MP won’t tell him otherwise. Other coaches will say that they’ll work to feature him from day one, whether they will or not.
Agreed.

Wonder if he’d be ok with that and be that Steph Castle role 🤔

• Love
Reactions: collegehoopsfan123
A kid that thinks he's a one and doner isn't going to be scared off by starters in front of him very often. Look at Castle at CT. No way he was beating out those guards, but by the end of the season he was their go to off the bench.

A kid that thinks he's a one and doner isn't going to be scared off by starters in front of him very often. Look at Castle at CT. No way he was beating out those guards, but by the end of the season he was their go to off the bench.
I am considering his choices and comparing where he not only could see plenty of floor time but he likely could see a role of leader and primary contributor with less competition for playing time. Maybe he could earn that at Purdue but the path is likely a bit more difficult and crowded. I don’t think he’s ruling out schools with more competition because he is still visiting at Purdue, Kansas…

Reactions: DwaynePurvis00
Lol Castle started 30 of 34 games and sat out due to injury for one of them.

One and dones aren’t “scared” of starters in front of them. They’re “scared” when a coach tells them they have to compete for minutes and not guaranteed a starting spot…anyone come to mind recently?

Last edited:
I am considering his choices and comparing where he not only could see plenty of floor time but he likely could see a role of leader and primary contributor with less competition for playing time. Maybe he could earn that at Purdue but the path is likely a bit more difficult and crowded. I don’t think he’s ruling out schools with more competition because he is still visiting at Purdue, Kansas…
KU will have turnover for next year so he could play right away there. Same with mizzou but they’re awful. And ND isn’t too much better than mizzou but he’d play right away there. MSU…he’d need to pick up things quick or else Izzo is like Paint and won’t play a Frosh (Booker last year) at all or that much (Carr).

Purdue and IU aren’t guarantees although i wouldn’t be surprised if Woodson guarantees everything to him to get him to commit and therefore upset either JH or the two guards he bought err I mean got in the transfer portal plus Cupps (he should transfer) and Newton (also should transfer).

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT