ADVERTISEMENT

Lol the sound of panic

• Haha
Reactions: goboilers2 and BSIT
Democrats are in panic mode. So desperate they are hiring actors, and then going to their old stand by "racism" charge.

Shot

• Haha
Reactions: BSIT
Local NBC journalist (democrat party activist). Sprints to get this information out, in an attempt to help her party.

Looks like Dems are in DEEP trouble. Hopefully they won't mysteriously produce ballots after the polls close

Reactions: SKYDOG
Looks like Dems are in DEEP trouble. Hopefully they won't mysteriously produce ballots after the polls close
Election Overview: Virginia State House Up for Grabs After Two Years of Democrat Control
https://www.breitbart.com/politics/...or-grabs-after-two-years-of-democrat-control/

So, why is the Lincoln Project allowed a Twitter presence?

They literally admitted to disinformation regarding an election.....on Twitter.

• Haha
Reactions: BSIT
So, why is the Lincoln Project allowed a Twitter presence?

They literally admitted to disinformation regarding an election.....on Twitter.
Silly, you do realize you sound like a fear monger right wing Trump conspiracy nut! Huge TIC

Reactions: ecouch

Never underestimate the D ability to circumvent the will of the people by their usual means....

1. Ballot harvesting is allowed in VA.
2. There is no requirement for proof of citizenship to vote in VA.
3. Ballots sent out - doccumented over 1000 people have recieved 2 ballots in VA. Wonder how many really got multiple ballots?

Thus, I will believe a R victory when I see it.

• Haha
Reactions: PUBV and BSIT
Looking like the R candidate won by enough in VA that typical D games I discussed above will not matter. ~5% left to come in though.....lets see the games the Ds play late this evening....they are great at late night politics.

Education and the suburban moma bears pulled hard for the R lever....some who had never voted R before as a resilt of wokeism and crt. Take note.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: PUBV and BSIT
Looking like the R candidate won by enough in VA that typical D games I discussed above will not matter. ~5% left to come in though.....lets see the games the Ds play late this evening....they are great at late night politics.

Education and the suburban moma bears pulled hard for the R lever....some who had never voted R before as a resilt of wokeism and crt. Take note.
Well, I hope it was "education" or lack of as much as being told that children belong to the state...schools. If people have actually witnessed some garbage going on in schools, then it is a big plus..."if" parents continue to be involved. Part of my concern is the emotional aspect of moma bears rather than the intellectual aspect that would remain. I wish parents everywhere would dig into the local schools more than in the past.

Percentage comparisons are important, nice and easy to grasp. However, I would like to see much more. In addition to seeing percentage comparisons of house, senate and governor races in particular during presidential and non presidential years between the candidates, I would like to see the "raw numbers" of voters not shown in percentage comparisons. Would a model show fairly consistent variation of voters for the various positions in presidential and non-presidential years. Is that variation out of the similar population regardless of the year statistically or is their much more variation when comparing presidential and non-presidential numbers for the offices. We know that presidential turnout is higher, but what about variation in all offices for presidential and non-presidential years.

When the talking heads say ole Terry is underperforming to a previous Dem whose numbers are tied to a previous Pub race...is he? Sure, if percentages ignoring the previous comparison pub results are valid (and they are not), then that comparison can be made with those assumptions, but it might also be an irrelevant comparison, since the previous Pub might have been inherently weak. Making that statement is a political method of suggesting Terry just didn't pull in as many votes as the previous dem or some other comparison to suggest that policy differences were not the issue, but bad efforts at lassoing the votes. That comparison was used in the media. Pubs on the other hand will look at the victory through policy difference lens and so each side will attempt to spin the results, but the pubs can also point out the historical voting to suggest policy. Anyway, having the raw numbers rather than percentages submitted for many years during presidential and non-presidential years would add even more insight in variation comparisons and general voter numbers over time.

Reactions: Boiler Buck
Well, I hope it was "education" or lack of as much as being told that children belong to the state...schools. If people have actually witnessed some garbage going on in schools, then it is a big plus..."if" parents continue to be involved. Part of my concern is the emotional aspect of moma bears rather than the intellectual aspect that would remain. I wish parents everywhere would dig into the local schools more than in the past.

Percentage comparisons are important, nice and easy to grasp. However, I would like to see much more. In addition to seeing percentage comparisons of house, senate and governor races in particular during presidential and non presidential years between the candidates, I would like to see the "raw numbers" of voters not shown in percentage comparisons. Would a model show fairly consistent variation of voters for the various positions in presidential and non-presidential years. Is that variation out of the similar population regardless of the year statistically or is their much more variation when comparing presidential and non-presidential numbers for the offices. We know that presidential turnout is higher, but what about variation in all offices for presidential and non-presidential years.

When the talking heads say ole Terry is underperforming to a previous Dem whose numbers are tied to a previous Pub race...is he? Sure, if percentages ignoring the previous comparison pub results are valid (and they are not), then that comparison can be made with those assumptions, but it might also be an irrelevant comparison, since the previous Pub might have been inherently weak. Making that statement is a political method of suggesting Terry just didn't pull in as many votes as the previous dem or some other comparison to suggest that policy differences were not the issue, but bad efforts at lassoing the votes. That comparison was used in the media. Pubs on the other hand will look at the victory through policy difference lens and so each side will attempt to spin the results, but the pubs can also point out the historical voting to suggest policy. Anyway, having the raw numbers rather than percentages submitted for many years during presidential and non-presidential years would add even more insight in variation comparisons and general voter numbers over time.

Good point about media saying the D was underperforming. I think vote turnout this time was over 3.2 million voters, in the last VA Governor election it was only 2.6 million. So both candidates in essence overperformed I guess due to the higher voter enthusiasm for this election.

Reactions: tjreese
Good point about media saying the D was underperforming. I think vote turnout this time was over 3.2 million voters, in the last VA Governor election it was only 2.6 million. So both candidates in essence overperformed I guess due to the higher voter enthusiasm for this election.
true, but it would be interesting to have "more " data to understand trends should they exist and when did they exist if they do, and the variation of registered votes. Forgetting about the relationships and just taking a single office, do we see an upward trend in the number of voters? Problem is to get a bit of the data points for some time compared to some time...a lot can happen in the time windows should say 5 election years be compared to the previous 5 election years. I suspect we do. Does, that trend have comparible variation in votes if segments of time were compared or does recent voting numbers fall out of the standard errors (ellipitcal 3 sigma) of earlier numbers? And even then...what does that mean? Does 3.2 million voters fall within the projections of voters when reviewing what I assume is an upward trend in voter numbers based upon a guess that any flucuations in previous years might predict on average and various confidence limits around that average? Naturally, there are comparisons to other offices that would be interesting as well.

Reactions: Boiler Buck
true, but it would be interesting to have "more " data to understand trends should they exist and when did they exist if they do, and the variation of registered votes. Forgetting about the relationships and just taking a single office, do we see an upward trend in the number of voters? Problem is to get a bit of the data points for some time compared to some time...a lot can happen in the time windows should say 5 election years be compared to the previous 5 election years. I suspect we do. Does, that trend have comparible variation in votes if segments of time were compared or does recent voting numbers fall out of the standard errors (ellipitcal 3 sigma) of earlier numbers? And even then...what does that mean? Does 3.2 million voters fall within the projections of voters when reviewing what I assume is an upward trend in voter numbers based upon a guess that any flucuations in previous years might predict on average and various confidence limits around that average? Naturally, there are comparisons to other offices that would be interesting as well.

3.2 is perhaps higher than what is expected as total voter registration is up in VA by about 575K (2020 data) over the 2017 governor's election. So given the 600,000 increase in voters this time over 17 one would calculate a higher than expeccted turnout. I believe this was due to local & national media attention on the election.

Good comments/discussion, and astute observations by you, but I am off to work now.

Reactions: tjreese
3.2 is perhaps higher than what is expected as total voter registration is up in VA by about 575K (2020 data) over the 2017 governor's election. So given the 600,000 increase in voters this time over 17 one would calculate a higher than expeccted turnout. I believe this was due to local & national media attention on the election.

Good comments/discussion, and astute observations by you, but I am off to work now.
I've been at work for three hours already. Have two computers going...no question greater interest should increase the turnout by some number

@BNIBoiler shame on her for not being a Democrat just because she’s black
I don’t know anything about her. I don’t have anything against black conservatives or repubs. Most blacks were repubs until the racists switched over in the 60’s. Some still remained repubs. I just don’t like the Faux News sell outs. Hopefully she is not a Chumper. Anymore, you have to be a Chumper now a days in order to win as a Republican.

Impressive & inspirational life story.

When I listened to her talk about education lifting her family and others out of poverty my mind raced to LBJ and his war on poverty...with the same input education to "eradicate" poverty. He started his war in 1967 with funding concluding in 1995. If only we knew the best way to teach children was a mantra. It is taking me back well over a decade, but the measures were reading, math and that goal always trying to find in education...self esteem. This was the longest and most comprehensive study ever conducted with 11???? maybe 13????/ (been a long time) approaches to learning. It is the study that your local supts and principals have never heard. Children actually regressed with some of the approaches tested that were popular in ed school and others may have had improvement in some areas and not in others. There was one approach that had improvments in all areas, but it was frowned upon by the progressives in ed skool. Perhaps that is why this was "censored"... ;)

The best summary was by Bonnie Grossen in Oregon. Hopefully I can find remnants of that study in some fashion...
Ah, I at least found a brief summary http://projectpro.com/ICR/Research/DI/Summary.htm

I don’t know anything about her. I don’t have anything against black conservatives or repubs. Most blacks were repubs until the racists switched over in the 60’s. Some still remained repubs. I just don’t like the Faux News sell outs. Hopefully she is not a Chumper. Anymore, you have to be a Chumper now a days in order to win as a Republican.

What is a chumper? Too ambiguous to just say they like Trump. 74 million voted for him, but many like me only liked some of his policy over say D policy, you see....so.....

Can you give me 5 policies that define what we should look for in a person that would define them as a chumper?

Last edited:
Reactions: Level 42
Long live TDS. Lol
TDS is a real thing. Aside from it running rampant on here by the resident leftists, Bidet tried to blame Trump for the bloodbath in Virginia and across the country. Their TDS blinds them from seeing that really what is happening is people are just sick of their lies, racism and garbage policies.

TDS is a real thing. Aside from it running rampant on here by the resident leftists, Bidet tried to blame Trump for the bloodbath in Virginia and across the country. Their TDS blinds them from seeing that really what is happening is people are just sick of their lies, racism and garbage policies.
Kitchen table issues are things Democrat leadership do not care about. It’s all Trump and it cost them Virginia and many other elections nationwide! So out of touch!

What is a chumper? Too ambiguous to just say they like Trump.

Can you give me 5 policies that define what we should look for in a person that would define them as a chumper?
It’s simple. First of all, I call Trump, Chump. His followers are called Trumpers, right? Therefore, I call his followers, Chumpers.

Ahh I see.....so 74 million people have been branded by you as chumpers. Got it......although sounds a bit wrong to look at a whole group and call them one negative term.

Gee, have I heard or seen such behavior somewhere?? Do they call that Bigotry?
Ohh the irony.....Lol

Last edited:
Reactions: FreedomWins
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT