ADVERTISEMENT

Lincoln Riley

PaBoiler78

All-American
Jan 18, 2002
never a fan of his, but wow he has all that talent and is currently 3 - 4 w/ 2 losses having a 14 pt lead in the 2nd half, Venables is another guy who will probably be on the hot seat

never a fan of his, but wow he has all that talent and is currently 3 - 4 w/ 2 losses having a 14 pt lead in the 2nd half, Venables is another guy who will probably be on the hot seat

Riley was never ready to be a head coach. He only got there because of Stoops.

I remember quite a few games lost by Brohm teams because of late game bonehead defensive players with things like unnecessary late hits, etc.

I violated my self-imposed remote ban with the Syracuse game in the dome, and I also did my best impression of the chair toss........

ask yourself, what coach would want to come here? Coaching at Purdue is kind of like being a big name free agent signing with the Brewers. it does happen, but only once a decade. and usually when the person is about to retire and looking for one last paycheck before doing so.

Usc blew up pac 10 so serves them right
TV money, or lack thereof, is what blew up the Pac-12. Their Pac-12 Network was unable to get into Comcast's basic bundle after trying for twelve years. The Big Ten Network got into it on the West Coast a couple of weeks ago. The P-12 commish badly botched the new TV deal and the member schools were probably going to get even less than the pathetic ACC. So USC, UCLA, Washington and Oregon made a smart move.

Reactions: pboiler18
The people who overseen the Pac-12 blew it up by being morons. "Hey no one can watch our games because of the Pac-12 Network, let's go get a deal with Apple TV, so that people can continue not watching us, and then complain of East Coast bias." The people who ran the Pac-12 were complete morons. That's why it failed.
They were always behind the 8-ball because of time zones. After what they would consider to be a full day of football, most people wouldn't want to continue on into the late evening in the eastern part of the country. A noon start on the West Coast is a 3PM one in the Eastern Time Zone. Living in California years ago I always marveled how you could easily watch football games throughout the entire day on weekends, beginning at 9AM or sometimes even earlier for those eastern time zone ones.

Actually, it's a West Coast viewers heaven and a broadcasters nightmare.

They were always behind the 8-ball because of time zones. A noon start on the West Coast is a 3PM one in the Eastern Time Zone.
Yep, I agree about the time zones. Yet another factor, there is simply less interest in college football west of the Pecos. I lived in CA for two years and you just don't see the bumper stickers, hats and T-shirts for college teams like you do in the Midwest or the South. Another dead zone for college football is New England.

Yep, I agree about the time zones. Yet another factor, there is simply less interest in college football west of the Pecos. I lived in CA for two years and you just don't see the bumper stickers, hats and T-shirts for college teams like you do in the Midwest or the South. Another dead zone for college football is New England.
The people lead a real life. They don't need football like in other parts of the country.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT