ADVERTISEMENT

Lifelong racist insults HBCU grads ...

Dude, you've linked this guy before. He's full of shit and provides no evidence. In fact, much of his statements are factually incorrect.

First he claims that troops were withdrawn from the South because they were tired of protecting black areas. That's just flat out bullshit. Troop were withdrawn as an agreement once those states came back into the Union. Had nothing to do with abandoning the blacks.

Second, he claims that the south went Republican in the 1950's and 1960's. That's not true at ALL. As I pointed out in great detail in another thread, the South didn't go full Republican until almost 2000. It became increasingly Republican as it became less racist. He then goes on to say that it was because the Democrats voted in Civil Rights is why blacks left the Republicans. What this moron doesn't tell you is that the Republicans put up a Civil Rights bill many times over a 100 year period and was shot down by Democrats every time. In 1964 there were more Republicans by percentage that voted for it than Democrats. In both houses, 82% of Republicans voted for Civil Rights vs 69% for Democrats. 78% of the no vote were Democrats, including a 60 day filibuster by Democrats.

This guy is not someone to go to for facts my man. He's out in left field and apparently he's taking you with him.
MS, AL, and GA all had D Governors into the early 2000s. There were a couple R I believe sprinkled in there but Sonny Perdue was the first R Gov in GA and that was early 2000. Dems went full blown left and the middle of the road religious democrats went to the GOP.

Reactions: Boilermaker03
MS, AL, and GA all had D Governors into the early 2000s. There were a couple R I believe sprinkled in there but Sonny Perdue was the first R Gov in GA and that was early 2000. Dems went full blown left and the middle of the road religious democrats went to the GOP.
Exactly, and I showed this to @BNIBoiler before with voting history maps, but he keeps believing in false history.

Reactions: Joetboiler
Dude, you've linked this guy before. He's full of shit and provides no evidence. In fact, much of his statements are factually incorrect.

First he claims that troops were withdrawn from the South because they were tired of protecting black areas. That's just flat out bullshit. Troop were withdrawn as an agreement once those states came back into the Union. Had nothing to do with abandoning the blacks.

Second, he claims that the south went Republican in the 1950's and 1960's. That's not true at ALL. As I pointed out in great detail in another thread, the South didn't go full Republican until almost 2000. It became increasingly Republican as it became less racist. He then goes on to say that it was because the Democrats voted in Civil Rights is why blacks left the Republicans. What this moron doesn't tell you is that the Republicans put up a Civil Rights bill many times over a 100 year period and was shot down by Democrats every time. In 1964 there were more Republicans by percentage that voted for it than Democrats. In both houses, 82% of Republicans voted for Civil Rights vs 69% for Democrats. 78% of the no vote were Democrats, including a 60 day filibuster by Democrats.

This guy is not someone to go to for facts my man. He's out in left field and apparently he's taking you with him.
In the video, Clay Cane gave an abridged version of what happened as he was answering a question a listener had on his radio show. For more detailed of the events he talked about is in his book, “The Grift: The Rise and Fall of Black Republicans from the Party of Lincoln to the Cult of Trump”. Good read I suggest y’all get the book. But anyhow he backs up his facts in the book. I’ve already learned a lot of this prior to reading his book. The agreement that you are talking about is the Compromise of 1877. Where new Republican president, Rutherford B. Hayes sided with the racist southern democrats and removed the federal troops that were protecting black on the south. This was the beginning of the end of reconstruction. Jim Crow was born.

Move forward to the 1960s, Barry Goldwater a Republican voted against the 1965 and 1964 Civil and Voting rights bills. Disenfranchised black republicans during the 1968 RNC convention. Enacted the southern strategy along with Nixon. And it was a rap for blacks in the Republican Party.

I

What are you talking about that Lee Atwater’s statements were taken out of context? Dude, he is on tape teaching racist democrats that came over to the Republican Party on how not to be overtly racist. He yells them that they can’t say the n-word anymore. You use code words instead. Dude, we’ve been through this several times.
That was the repub big-tent philosophy. Trying to teach racist dems how to act. Baby steps first.

I am sure some dem hack did the same for Robert KKK Byrd (Joe's hero) when he realized he had to pretend to not be a racist so he could gain political power.

Amazing anyone would be so naive to actually believe Byrd miraculously stopped being a racist. It is as foolish as believing Crow is not a racist despite all his racist comments, including "Boy".

In the video, Clay Cane gave an abridged version of what happened as he was answering a question a listener had on his radio show. For more detailed of the events he talked about is in his book, “The Grift: The Rise and Fall of Black Republicans from the Party of Lincoln to the Cult of Trump”. Good read I suggest y’all get the book. But anyhow he backs up his facts in the book. I’ve already learned a lot of this prior to reading his book.
Why would I read it when in his "abridged" version he talked about was chalked full of false history?
The agreement that you are talking about is the Compromise of 1877. Where new Republican president, Rutherford B. Hayes sided with the racist southern democrats and removed the federal troops that were protecting black on the south. This was the beginning of the end of reconstruction. Jim Crow was born.
More false history. The Republican president didn't side with racists. He made a compromise in order for Democrats to accept the election results and prevent violence. Race was not part of that. At least not on the side of the Republicans.

Move forward to the 1960s, Barry Goldwater a Republican voted against the 1965 and 1964 Civil and Voting rights bills. Disenfranchised black republicans during the 1968 RNC convention. Enacted the southern strategy along with Nixon. And it was a rap for blacks in the Republican Party.
He may have voted against the Civil Rights bill but he was one of only about 4 Republicans that did. Claiming that less than a handful of Republicans voting against Civil Rights vs the two dozen Democrats that did is what pushed blacks away is idiotic. Even the so called southern strategy as the reason to leave Republicans when the Democrats had done and were still doing so much worse is just dumb. It's fake history.

Free money welfare is what pulled the black vote away and it's plain as day to see as, once again, I point out the real history of the black vote going D in the early 1930's at 70% and only went up from there.

Last edited:
Why would I read it when in his "abridged" version he talked about was chalked full of false history?

More false history. The Republican president didn't side with racists. He made a compromise in order for Democrats to accept the election results and prevent violence. Race was not part of that. At least not on the side of the Republicans.

He may have voted against the Civil Rights bill but he was one of only about 4 Republicans that did. Claiming that less than a handful of Republicans voting against Civil Rights vs the two dozen Democrats that did is what pushed blacks away is idiotic. Even the so called southern strategy as the reason to leave Republicans when the Democrats had done and were still doing so much worse is just dumb. It's fake history.

Free money welfare is what pulled the black vote away and it's plain as day to see as, once again, I point out the real history of the black vote going D in the early 1930's at 70% and only went up from there.
First of all, Clay Cane made no false statements during his radio show discussion nor in his book. He has an entire bibliography section in his book to back up his facts.

I have 2 questions for you and please be honest.

1. Was Republican Barry Goldwater a racist?

2. If 1964 and 1965 Voting Rights and Civil Rights bills were on the table right now, let’s take the US Senate for right now, how many republicans will vote for it? Again, be honest.

• Haha
Reactions: Boilermaker03
First of all, Clay Cane made no false statements during his radio show discussion nor in his book. He has an entire bibliography section in his book to back up his facts.
Yes he did. I pointed them out in the post right after you linked his crap video.
I have 2 questions for you and please be honest.

1. Was Republican Barry Goldwater a racist?
Hard to tell but from the little I've read about him I would guess not. Him not voting for the Civil Rights bill doesn't mean he was racist. In fact there was a pretty good write up about Goldwater and why he didn't vote for the bill.

"This has been written about in the past.

Barry Goldwater, in his long career as a U.S. Senator, categorically refused to vote for any bill that he felt contained provisions that were unconstitutional. Even if he agreed with the sentiment of a bill, if it wasn’t in compliance with the Constitution, he would not vote for it. He believed that this went in line with the oath of office he took as a Senator:

I do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; that I take this obligation freely, without any mental reservation or purpose of evasion; and that I will well and faithfully discharge the duties of the office on which I am about to enter: So help me God.

Pretty clear that a Senator’s first duty is to the Constitution. Goldwater took that seriously.

Goldwater believed that Title II of the CYA64 was contrary to the Constitution, because it deprived private businesses of the right to deny service to patrons. Since these businesses are private property and not government-owned (which can’t discriminate due to the 14th Amendment), Goldwater considered this to be an overreach and is why he did not support the bill.

Goldwater didn’t support segregation (and in fact had fought against it in his home state), but he believed that people had the full right to be racist assholes on their own property. Title II was challenged in the courts almost as soon as it was passed. An Atlanta motel challenged it and the case went all the way to the Supreme Court within five months. The strongly liberal Court of the time upheld the law based on an argument of the Commerce Clause—that the hotel served out of state guests and therefore its business operations could be regulated as “interstate commerce.” This was a stretch of the Commerce Clause that was beyond its original intent. Many people to this day still believe the ruling was wrong, even if they didn’t support segregation. Both Ron Paul and his son Rand have said this publicly, for just two examples. Goldwater himself never thought his interpretation was wrong, either."

Another:

"he objected to the idea that the Federal Government should have the power to pass a law forcing private businesses to desegregate. He viewed the issue with the same mindset as “I disagree with what you say but defend your right to say it". He had been in favor of prior Civil Rights legislation which did not make imposition on private business.

Progressives are using his staunch belief in being Constitutional to the T as a means in which to lie about history to push a false narrative. This is a common theme with Progressive historians over and over again.
2. If 1964 and 1965 Voting Rights and Civil Rights bills were on the table right now, let’s take the US Senate for right now, how many republicans will vote for it? Again, be honest.
80% if not more.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT