ADVERTISEMENT

Lew Jack arrested on drug charges

:(
xanax + heroin = pain pill addiction at some point in his life. I guarantee it. Seen this over and over lately...

With that much heroin he is most likely selling and hopefully not a user. Had a friend that died a few years back from an overdose and know multiple people who struggle with it. Most dangerous drug out there imo.

With that much heroin he is most likely selling and hopefully not a user.

That was my first thought too although I admittedly don't know how much heroin a frequent user might carry around with them.

If he's just dealing and not using, then he doesn't have the addiction to worry about I guess but aren't laws tougher if he's found to be dealing? I also know a couple of people dealing with this and it would scare the hell out of me from ever even thinking about trying it. It certainly seems like a life-long addiction you have to learn to live with.

That was my first thought too although I admittedly don't know how much heroin a frequent user might carry around with them...

Its on the order of 1000-2000 single uses of heroin...probably more than you take on a day trip...

The MJ on the other hand was only enough for a nice weekend party among several stoners...

Edit...very bummed for Lew Jack, hoping that he can get right and has the support he needs

Sorry I have alot of understanding when it comes to drugs. I'm very forgiving, but not in regards to heroin with everything that's out there. If it wasn't for the amount, then just using is an entirely different situation. When you start selling that and putting alot of lifes at risk with one bad batch .....Well you lose all sympathy. I'm not one to cast stones either

What is so unfortunate is that for many high level D1 athletes, their college years may be the best years of their lives. After that, many seem to wander into bad situations. I assume LJ got his degree but don't know for sure. Four years of stardom in college athletics does not always equate to success in life afterwards. I hope LJ can get things together and find a purpose in life.

Time to reach out and support him, not kick him to the curb...God speed LewJack...lean on the Purdue family if you need help.

Boiler Up.
I so disagree. He is dealing heroin with that amount. How many people have died in the last 5 years in the tri-state area from fentanyl and carfentanil laced heroin? I have zero sympathy for the bed he has made for himself. If he was using only, then I would show support for him but I show no support for any heroin dealer and Jackson is no different. Just because he went to Purdue means absolutely nothing to me when it comes to dealing heroin. Do you support all of the non athletes who attend Purdue and have drug issues or are even dealing? I highly doubt it.

That was my first thought too although I admittedly don't know how much heroin a frequent user might carry around with them.

If he's just dealing and not using, then he doesn't have the addiction to worry about I guess but aren't laws tougher if he's found to be dealing? I also know a couple of people dealing with this and it would scare the hell out of me from ever even thinking about trying it. It certainly seems like a life-long addiction you have to learn to live with.
I really hope this is not the case (i.e. simply dealing and not using). I have zero sympathy or tolerance for that - ZERO. I am a foster parent of a child for whom one of the biological parents is a heroin addict. Try as this parent might, they have struggled terribly to overcome. Junkies have a sickness, one that can sometimes take years to defeat, and one that many often never defeat before it destroys their life and/or potentially the lives of those around them. People that prey upon this sickness and supply drugs to them are the absolute lowest of lifeforms. They are the scum of the earth. They should endure the maximum penalty allowed by law for their heinous contributions to society, actively seeking to destroy the lives of other people for their own financial gain.

If Lew Jack has fallen victim himself to substance abuse - particularly heroin - I hope and pray he can turn his life around and achieve sobriety against an unbelievably wicked substance. There are many therapeutic and counseling options available, including those in prison if it comes to that, and hopefully he finds comfort in them. But if he was dealing and helping to unleash and perpetuate the continued sickness of those most vulnerable, may God have mercy on his soul... but he'll not get one ounce of it from me.

Typically Heroin is sold in .1 gram increments at the street level. 70 grams is definitely not for personal use. He'll be looking at some time for sure.

Sorry I have alot of understanding when it comes to drugs. I'm very forgiving, but not in regards to heroin with everything that's out there. If it wasn't for the amount, then just using is an entirely different situation. When you start selling that and putting alot of lifes at risk with one bad batch .....Well you lose all sympathy. I'm not one to cast stones either
Totally agree! About two months ago I went to the funeral of the son of one of my former players. 20 years old and dead of a heroin overdose. I don't feel sorry for someone when they know what they're doing is wrong and can kill someone, including them.

Reactions: jadeezra
I so disagree. He is dealing heroin with that amount. How many people have died in the last 5 years in the tri-state area from fentanyl and carfentanil laced heroin? I have zero sympathy for the bed he has made for himself. If he was using only, then I would show support for him but I show no support for any heroin dealer and Jackson is no different. Just because he went to Purdue means absolutely nothing to me when it comes to dealing heroin. Do you support all of the non athletes who attend Purdue and have drug issues or are even dealing? I highly doubt it.
Last month, Muncie, Indiana, and Delaware County charted 200 plus overdoses of heroin. Multiple shootings and deaths every night in Indy because of drugs. And according to a cop I know it's all sold by cell phone now....the seller has a list he calls and tells them to meet him/her at a certain point and time and he's made a ton of money in a short time.

While I have no sympathy if dealing, I'll still pray for his recovery because that's what we're supposed to do.

Reactions: jadeezra
I have no more sympathy for him than any other herion dealer. To me, all Purdue students whether athletes, band members, etc should be thought of in the same manner. I'll pray for him as I would any person with a drug problem. The amount found and comments made makes me believe he was a dealer and not just a user. However, I have to believe most dealers have used their products. . It's a sad day when a person uses their athletic skills to have the opportunity to get a college degree, only to sell drugs as their job. I used my college degree to get out of my own bad neighborhood. I also have to wonder how long he's been selling drugs. I doubt he started yesterday.

Sad how quickly, no matter the circumstances, people can written off as no better than the dirt they stand on. I for one would gladly be there to help if I could. Everyone imo deserves another chance. He was clearly not making good life decisions and even more so may have been endangering other's lives. But it take two to tango.

We do not know the dark place he may be in, so before throwing a stone try reaching out your hand.

(I lost my father to heroin, please do not lecture me on complex relationship dealers and users have, or the dangers of the drug.)

I view him as Lewis Jackson - a man with a drug problem. and I'll pray for him. If convicted, his life as he knew it is over.

I have no more sympathy for him than any other herion dealer. To me, all Purdue students whether athletes, band members, etc should be thought of in the same manner. I'll pray for him as I would any person with a drug problem. The amount found and comments made makes me believe he was a dealer and not just a user. However, I have to believe most dealers have used their products. . It's a sad day when a person uses their athletic skills to have the opportunity to get a college degree, only to sell drugs as their job. I used my college degree to get out of my own bad neighborhood. I also have to wonder how long he's been selling drugs. I doubt he started yesterday.
Good dealers would never use the product. Long known. Never become a slave to the product one is slinging. This is not me speaking, just the culture of the industry.

As a Decatur, IL resident and Purdue grad, this is sad.

After his previous crime...

"I look forward to making better progress and making my city proud again," Jackson said. "I don't want to let these kids down. I want these kids to know they can have a bright future and be successful out of Decatur, Illinois."

Should never buy these drugs. All a gigantic operation to pilfer money from the public for social control, then imprison people after they get hooked, then culturize it on tv like MTV and Hollywood to make it look like some hip counterculture so the police can lock you up and then elslave you in their cheep labor prisons, all the while the controlers get to suck off the public in their giant organized crime CIA prison system. Interesting how heroin involved. CIA started that drug long time ago and used it to begin their mkultra experiments on unwitting people. Shame he got caught up with that drug, but that's what the culture pushes and that's all by design. Hope he's able to lawyer up and plea the charges down somehow.

Last edited:
Reactions: Frankie611
Should never buy these drugs. All a gigantic operation to pilfer money from the public for social control, then imprison people after they get hooked, then culturize it on tv like MTV and Hollywood to make it look like some hip counterculture so the police can lock you up and then elslave you in their cheep labor prisons, all the while the controlers get to suck off the public in their giant organized crime CIA prison system. Interesting how heroin involved. CIA started that drug long time ago and used it to begin their mkultra experiments on unwitting people. Shame he got caught up with that drug, but that's what the culture pushes and that's all by design. Hope he's able to lawyer up and plea the charges down somehow.
Speaking of a drug problem.....

You actually edited this???

Reactions: BoiledSteel
Help is available. please get into a drug rehab program now.

He's absolutely right though about the terrible way that For-Profit Law Enforcement perpetuates our incarceration rate here in the USA. Not to mention, unethical AF.

That and the less-than-savory history of the CIA's role /part in global Herione and Cocaine trafficking. Facts are facts.

He's absolutely right though about the terrible way that For-Profit Law Enforcement perpetuates our incarceration rate here in the USA. Not to mention, unethical AF.

That and the less-than-savory history of the CIA's role /part in global Herione and Cocaine trafficking. Facts are facts.
Technically it's the prisons and jails that profit. Besides where else are some of these poor people going to get three hots and a cot?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT