ADVERTISEMENT

Lance Luv thread

PaBoiler78

All-American
Jan 18, 2002
OK, I wanted to wait for awhile to see how he pans out but Wow he's the main difference this year. Last year Morton was starting , enough said, but this guy how many made critical 3's, drives to the basket and finishing, steals , and just overall heads up play. He is truly a difference maker for this team this year. A great pickup by Paint.

Luv him also, but agree with Matt in post game as he praised him, he said he wished some of the 33 ft moonshots he takes, he would take it to the rim on those.

He's been a huge force, especially lately....yeah.....that would be there. Plus, he's got it set up now......the Ryne Smith pump fake three, and dash to the rim!

OK, I wanted to wait for awhile to see how he pans out but Wow he's the main difference this year. Last year Morton was starting , enough said, but this guy how many made critical 3's, drives to the basket and finishing, steals , and just overall heads up play. He is truly a difference maker for this team this year. A great pickup by Paint.

Morton vs Jones. Night vs day. Evil vs good. Would have several losses without him, no question.

Eh, he's okay I guess....

:)

lancejones-lancebuckets.gif

This is probably my being nit picky but the only thing I wish was Braden and lance being a couple inches taller!

Uh, Lance was 3-7 from 3 today. The rest of the team…0 fer…

Have to go back and look, but I can't recall off the top of my head when Loyer didn't have a 3-pt attempt in a game.....naturally, part of Wisconsin's defensive strategy.....good to see him take the drives they were giving. 11 attempts total. Mason struggled a little - first one was a really good look in the left corner.....then he had the good look when Purdue was up 10 early stage of second half.....part of a 3/4-possession stretch where the Boilers had a chance to open things up. Wisconsin, though could not make Purdue pay, unlike NW......it can be a crazy game.

Edit/Update - first game as a Boilermaker that Loyer had zero 3-pt FG attempts.

Uh, Lance was 3-7 from 3 today. The rest of the team…0 fer…

Selection often means inhibition when the heat is on. A coaching buddy of mine used to quietly love a shooter for having “no conscience,” being wholly unafraid of any moment and actually thriving under pressure. Over the years, we’ve seen way too many misses from deconditioned confidence. From The House The Rocket Built, we often need sassy splashers. Luv Lance.

I get what CMP was saying about shot selection, but he has improved on that a lot as the year has gone on.

I think he and the coaching staff are now a lot more comfortable with what his role should be on this team. The first 10-15 games it was a bit of a feeling out period

Agree Hausta01. And that role has evolved to being much more of a scorer and three point threat. Also a guy to hit clutch threes in big moments. Maybe more than the coaches even expected. I even think the wilder attempts have diminished a bit.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT