ADVERTISEMENT

kostas

njm8845

Senior
Jul 1, 2008
Seems quiet on the Kostas front. What type of deadline does he have to decide?

Does anyone know why he's waited so long to pick a school? Seems really late if the plan is to play this fall.

Does anyone know why he's waited so long to pick a school? Seems really late if the plan is to play this fall.

I think we'll hear sometime next week.

Oh no you opened the door for Stacy or BN or someone to post one of those..."If you had premium you would be in the know" posts.

Happy Friday.

This is really one of the most low key recruitments I have ever seen. Nothing recent really in the media about him. It almost seems like he is hoping for a contract offer from some European pro league.

This is really one of the most low key recruitments I have ever seen. Nothing recent really in the media about him. It almost seems like he is hoping for a contract offer from some European pro league.
Ding Ding Ding.....that's the rumblings.....

I wish he had the patience to sign with us, play sparingly a year and then play bigtime next year when Biggie, Haas and Edwards go pro possibly.

Would give him a year in the system and I think him and J. Taylor would play well together.

Then some of the new guys from 2017 get a year to work in the system without pressure.

Seems like a win win to me, but the kid has to have his mind right to believe in it.....

I think he wants the quick path to NBA....which is a bummer for us.

Oh well wish him the best and hope he choses wisely....Boiler Up!

I wish he had the patience to sign with us, play sparingly a year and then play bigtime next year when Biggie, Haas and Edwards go pro possibly.

Would give him a year in the system and I think him and J. Taylor would play well together.

Then some of the new guys from 2017 get a year to work in the system without pressure.

Seems like a win win to me, but the kid has to have his mind right to believe in it.....

Also from his Euro background.....I think most of them want to sign a pro contract with one of the many teams rather than go to college...The pro leagues are set up like our college but they get paid

So, he left Greece (and Europe) to showcase his talents in the US, so that he could land a European pro league contract...makes total sense, and with that logic, not hard to understand why the recruitment is not only low key, but why the guy has not made a decision either with handlers/decision makers like that involved in the process and guiding him through it.

So, he left Greece (and Europe) to showcase his talents in the US, so that he could land a European pro league contract...makes total sense, and with that logic, not hard to understand why the recruitment is not only low key, but why the guy has not made a decision either with handlers/decision makers like that involved in the process and guiding him through it.

Maybe it was a situation like Marc Gasol a few years ago....Parents came to this country for their other son who was playing in the NBA.....He played at an American high school ...Yet still went pro in Europe

Maybe it was a situation like Marc Gasol a few years ago....Parents came to this country for their other son who was playing in the NBA.....He played at an American high school ...Yet still went pro in Europe
Could be a similar situation, but in Gasol's case, I don't believe that there was ever a consideration of him playing collegiately...it was well-known that he intended to return home and play professionally...he was not here in an attempt to showcase himself.

Or he's looking at other schools.

Whose rumblings?

He's not even good enough to play pro ball in Europe. Don't know why that's getting thrown around.

He's not even good enough to play pro ball in Europe. Don't know why that's getting thrown around.

Probably because people see he is playing on the Greek national team and think it's the same thing

Just saw on Evan Daniels twitter that he just verbally committed to Dayton.

Didn't even know they were in the running.

Was Daniels even a Purdue target? I don't think I have heard his name before.
Kostas committed to Dayton. I think he meant that Evan Daniels (whoever that is) tweeted that Kostas committed to Dayton

Just a great example of 18 year old kids making college choices. I guarantee you Painter did nothing "wrong" in this recruitment. He just clearly wanted Dayton or some similar situation for some reason we will never know.
He wanted to play significant minutes right away. Wasnt happening at purdue.

Reactions: Dakota Girl
Obviously he'll get showcased in a lot
more nationally televised power conference games at Dayton!!

Obviously he'll get showcased in a lot
more nationally televised power conference games at Dayton!!
I know what you mean but in all honesty it doesn't matter for him. The scouts know who he is now and will find him to see if he has it. He wants the minutes and to be the man as early as possible. Not backup Swanigan assuming he can beat out Smotherman too.

Dayton? WTF.....
My theory is that this kid wants to be a big fish in a little pond. He's going to likely be a one n done and just try to get to the NBA by dominating at a mid-major. Besides, the NBA drafts based on potential, not actual production.
Not saying I don't want NBA talent, but I'm sure there were Power 5 schools where he could have stepped into the starting lineup and gotten starter minutes. Maybe he didn't want the noise or competition he'd see in a P5 league?

Dayton??? FFS. The outlet mall nearby in Jeffersonville IS really nice, but seriously, can't see the logic. B1G or whatever league Dayton is in.....

Kids. Does Dayton have a League of Legends team?

Dayton isn't as bad as people are making it seem. Archie Miller is hell of a coach. In 6 years he's been to an Elite 8 (Painter has none) and they've been to the NCAA tournament 3 straight years. Not a bad mid-major program. A-10 used to be a better conference when Xavier and Temple were a part of it, but it's still not a terrible conference. VCU, St Joe's, and Davidson are all solid programs, along with Dayton.

Dayton? WTF.....
My theory is that this kid wants to be a big fish in a little pond. He's going to likely be a one n done and just try to get to the NBA by dominating at a mid-major. Besides, the NBA drafts based on potential, not actual production.
Not saying I don't want NBA talent, but I'm sure there were Power 5 schools where he could have stepped into the starting lineup and gotten starter minutes. Maybe he didn't want the noise or competition he'd see in a P5 league?
That is reason #3192387879817 as to why I am glad I am not trying to recruit a kid nowadays. Before everyone was "connected", it was easier to get a kid based off of tradition/reputation/etc... now it seems the conferences are getting much more "equal" in general because any school you play for can get you on TV and a highlight reel.

It seems more and more it's all about "me" to these kids anymore. But that is just my 2 cents.

Reactions: Dakota Girl
That is reason #3192387879817 as to why I am glad I am not trying to recruit a kid nowadays. Before everyone was "connected", it was easier to get a kid based off of tradition/reputation/etc... now it seems the conferences are getting much more "equal" in general because any school you play for can get you on TV and a highlight reel.

It seems more and more it's all about "me" to these kids anymore. But that is just my 2 cents.
Just how much weight should I give to your 2 cents?

Before ripping them, do some research.
We're not idiots here. Everyone knows who the Dayton Flyers are. Everyone knows their coach is Archie Miller. Everyone knows plenty about Dayton. Hell, I grew up 30 min from Dayton!!!

Dayton is fine, but Dayton is not close to P5, Dayton is not in the B1G, and Dayton is not the Mighty freaking BOILERMAKERS. Dayton is a non-P5 middling midwestern hoops school that flashes once or twice a decade, and is far and away overshadowed by OSU, XU, and Cincy (and sometimes Miami U.) in it's own backyard.

Dayton is Dayton, which is exactly why everyone is scratching their heads.

We're not idiots here. Everyone knows who the Dayton Flyers are. Everyone knows their coach is Archie Miller. Everyone knows plenty about Dayton. Hell, I grew up 30 min from Dayton!!!

Dayton is fine, but Dayton is not close to P5, Dayton is not in the B1G, and Dayton is not the Mighty freaking BOILERMAKERS. Dayton is a non-P5 middling midwestern hoops school that flashes once or twice a decade, and is far and away overshadowed by OSU, XU, and Cincy (and sometimes Miami U.) in it's own backyard.

Dayton is Dayton, which is exactly why everyone is scratching their heads.
He didn't eant to sit a year with no playing time. Not sure why this is so fcking hard to understand. Move on.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT