ADVERTISEMENT

Klesmit

BoilerDaddy

All-American
Mar 26, 2009
Klesmit is quickly becoming my least favorite player in the Big Ten. I first noticed it against IU when he totally bated CJ Gunn into a flagrant 1. Since then I’ve noticed something questionable every game that I’ve watched of Wisconsin’s including the dive and flop into Gillis’s elbow at the end of today’s game. Big Ten refs need to be watching for his antics every game and T him up when he starts his bating.

Wisconsin has to be the best program in the country at drawing a foul on an inbounds pass without the ball even being put in play. Davison drew a charge that one time by having his inbound passer run the baseline the entire length of the court away with like 2 seconds left. Klesmit somehow draws a flagrant review for running into a stationary arm. Hepburn attempts to give Smith a Grade 2 contusion with that knee to knee contact in the corner then doesn't understand how it's a foul not a travel.

Klesmit is quickly becoming my least favorite player in the Big Ten. I first noticed it against IU when he totally bated CJ Gunn into a flagrant 1. Since then I’ve noticed something questionable every game that I’ve watched of Wisconsin’s including the dive and flop into Gillis’s elbow at the end of today’s game. Big Ten refs need to be watching for his antics every game and T him up when he starts his bating.
Wisconsin seems to find a lot of those dudes. I wonder if their fans think the same thing of Purdue players.

That was the kind of play Crean used to coach. Try to get an opponent ejected with a bogus call. It's BS and isn't basketball.

Wisconsin yesterday with shades of Iowa's Adam Woodbury. Anyone remember that guy? He used to pull that foul on the opening tip move and literally poked dudes in the eye intentionally.

• Angry
Reactions: 4IUSox2 and Schnelk
Wisconsin yesterday with shades of Iowa's Adam Woodbury. Anyone remember that guy? He used to pull that foul on the opening tip move and literally poked dudes in the eye intentionally.
I said the same thing yesterday. I also remember when they asked Fran in a press conference something along the lines of if it could be intentional and he got fired up lol. Of course after 10 of those in one season, nobody would ever suspect that it was intentional...

Reactions: Schnelk
We've successfully taken the flop charges out of the game this year. Love it. Now the "flop" of acting like you've been hit in the head with a sledgehammer needs to be addressed and taken out. If they go to the monitor and determine it isn't a flagrant, then give the flopper a tech. They will quit doing it very quickly. I watch a lot of hoops and it has become a serious problem. This isn't soccer and please don't let it become that.

Just seems like a jerk type player. I am not high on Coleman from illinois right now at all, but I totally get this dude being your least favorite. I forgot at first that he was the one that did that To CJ Gunn, initiating the contact first until you mentioned it.

This isn't soccer and please don't let it become that.
For as much as soccer gets run down, at least they usually just exaggerate contact, i.e. they actually get fouled but make it seem a lot worse. Neymar has got nothing on LeBron James when it comes to just plain flopping trying to get a call.

We've successfully taken the flop charges out of the game this year. Love it. Now the "flop" of acting like you've been hit in the head with a sledgehammer needs to be addressed and taken out. If they go to the monitor and determine it isn't a flagrant, then give the flopper a tech. They will quit doing it very quickly. I watch a lot of hoops and it has become a serious problem. This isn't soccer and please don't let it become that.
Man that was SOME acting….he has almost died twice now this year. The first was vs CJ Gunn and now jumping into Masons elbow…he almost died again!! Did you see how both of those elbows hit his head with such velocity and maliciousness?!? I sure hope he’s ok from both of these “on the verge of death” plays that he continues to somehow recover from in less than a minute after the foul is given to the offending player.

For as much as soccer gets run down, at least they usually just exaggerate contact, i.e. they actually get fouled but make it seem a lot worse. Neymar has got nothing on LeBron James when it comes to just plain flopping trying to get a call.
No kidding. It’s a shame how everyone tries to sell a foul by jerking their head back or acting like they are in loads of pain from nothing.

I used to love Giannis but he’s even flopping now too. Last night he acted like he was hit in the face by an elbow when guarding Collin sexton and laid on the ground while a fight was about to break out…oh but then he stopped faking to see the action and then went back to acting like he was hurt. And yeah lebron is amazing at basketball but dude flops a ton too…Luka, Trae , HARDEN, a lot of dudes do and It’s annoying.

Reactions: Dryfly88
No kidding. It’s a shame how everyone tries to sell a foul by jerking their head back or acting like they are in loads of pain from nothing.

I used to love Giannis but he’s even flopping now too. Last night he acted like he was hit in the face by an elbow when guarding Collin sexton and laid on the ground while a fight was about to break out…oh but then he stopped faking to see the action and then went back to acting like he was hurt. And yeah lebron is amazing at basketball but dude flops a ton too…Luka, Trae , HARDEN, a lot of dudes do and It’s annoying.
in the first half, Klesmit made like he was hurt after he initiated the contact by heading into Heide, the refs did a good job not calling a foul on that, just like that acting job where Blackwell went drivin on a layup towards Edey and just acted like he got hammered, great no call

Reactions: DwaynePurvis00
Man that was SOME acting….he has almost died twice now this year. The first was vs CJ Gunn and now jumping into Masons elbow…he almost died again!! Did you see how both of those elbows hit his head with such velocity and maliciousness?!? I sure hope he’s ok from both of these “on the verge of death” plays that he continues to somehow recover from in less than a minute after the foul is given to the offending player.
That's not basketball and makes me irate when players do this acting and flopping.

Reactions: BoilerAndy
I have a bad taste in my mouth because of Wisconsin for a number of reasons.
- the hard pick at center court on lewjack
- the fumble
- the 2000 season where we lost three times missing out on the final four
Yes, this. The reasons for hating Wisconsin are legion in my book. Now they've started recruiting innocent Hobbits from the Shire and converting them into cold hearted villains. I mean, Samwise Gamgee of all people? And renaming him something stupid like Klesmit? Who's next, Frodo himself?
done the lord of the rings GIF

Reactions: punaj

Exactly. If the refs think a play might merit review for contact to the head, it seems simple for the the ref to ask the coach & player before the review: "Do you want me to go to the monitor to check for contact to the head?"

That'll be the chance for the player to say, "no, he didn't get me in the head"---sometimes things like arms/elbows coming toward you at weird angles causes overreactions that you can't eliminate even if contact isn't made---that'll be the time to admit you weren't hit in the head. If the coach & player say "yes" and there is obviously no contact to the head, T 'em up.

If I didn't know any better I would have thought LeBron James was shot by Lee Harvey Oswald about 12 times every night.

Reactions: DwaynePurvis00
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT