ADVERTISEMENT

Kevin Warren & Chancellor’s, CDC says shorten isolation days

so the almighty dollar won out over safety and health concerns. These games MUST be played ! We're losing too much revenue from canceled games. it's ok for students not to be on campus, but these games MUST BE PLAYED !

so the almighty dollar won out over safety and health concerns. These games MUST be played ! We're losing too much revenue from canceled games. it's ok for students not to be on campus, but these games MUST BE PLAYED !
Damn straight. Won’t apologize for it either.
Do the right things, use the right protocols with masks and distancing and allow 18-23 year old young men to move on with their lives vs isolation more than twice the CDC recommendation. Adjust with the science!
Haven’t we all be told to listen to the science?

“after exposure from 14 days to 10 — or seven days with a negative test result.”

The 21 day protocol is just antiquated at this point. It would reduce game cancellations as well. A win-win for everyone. Surprised tO$U isn’t going crazy at Warren’s office already. They have the most to lose.

Maybe I missed it, but, have you (or anyone else) heard anything publicly from Warren since the announcement that the B1G would play after having announced that they would not? He, to me, has been noticeably VERY low profile.

Maybe I missed it, but, have you (or anyone else) heard anything publicly from Warren since the announcement that the B1G would play after having announced that they would not? He, to me, has been noticeably VERY low profile.
No, you didn't miss anything. Kevin Warren is so low profile on the Totem Pole that we don't hear anything from his office. He likely thinks that getting the Presidents and Chancellors together would be a sign of weakness so let the alumni of universities remain unhappy. Kevin Warren will have to earn his money this coming week as a decision will have to be made.
One of two things will likely happen by next week as there is no way Ohio State won't be raising hell.
1) Get rid of the 3 game missed rule & you can't play in the B1G championship game.
2) Reduce the period from 21 days to 10 days per CDC guidelines.

If for any reason, tO$U remains undefeated and doesn't advance to BCS playoffs, Kevin Warren would have failed miserably again in 2020. That should be enough to pack his bags.

Keep your eye on this topic. It isn't over yet. Barry Alvarez is sticking up with Ohio State.

Reactions: ChuckJr
No, you didn't miss anything. Kevin Warren is so low profile on the Totem Pole that we don't hear anything from his office. He likely thinks that getting the Presidents and Chancellors together would be a sign of weakness so let the alumni of universities remain unhappy. Kevin Warren will have to earn his money this coming week as a decision will have to be made.
One of two things will likely happen by next week as there is no way Ohio State won't be raising hell.
1) Get rid of the 3 game missed rule & you can't play in the B1G championship game.
2) Reduce the period from 21 days to 10 days per CDC guidelines.

If for any reason, tO$U remains undefeated and doesn't advance to BCS playoffs, Kevin Warren would have failed miserably again in 2020. That should be enough to pack his bags.

Keep your eye on this topic. It isn't over yet. Barry Alvarez is sticking up with Ohio State.
I've said it before. The commish will move heaven and earth to get an undefeated Ohio St in the championship game, especially if IU takes a second loss. And all he has to do is bend his own temporary, ill conceived rule. NFW he's going to stand idly by while the undefeated cash cow gets left out.

Too busy attending SEC games

Reactions: DAG10
I've said it before. The commish will move heaven and earth to get an undefeated Ohio St in the championship game, especially if IU takes a second loss. And all he has to do is bend his own temporary, ill conceived rule. NFW he's going to stand idly by while the undefeated cash cow gets left out.
A CFP berth is money for the whole league. Barry’s looking for every penny, as are the rest of the ADs.

The 21 day protocol is just antiquated at this point. It would reduce game cancellations as well. A win-win for everyone. Surprised tO$U isn’t going crazy at Warren’s office already. They have the most to lose.

to be fair, the BT has a policy that says they can’t play for 21 days. (I don’t think they necessarily have to quarantine for that long). This is to make sure everything is ok with their heart. They run several tests to verify the heart can withstand the stress of being an elite athlete. (This is why coaches can return earlier than players)

If you remember, Trevor Lawrence was a good example of this. He was on the sideline against ND, clearly not quarantining, but still unable to play. Why? Because the ACC still hadn’t verified that his heart was OK. Now I don’t believe the ACC has any formal sit out period like the BT’s 21 days; the ACC just runs those tests and ok’s a player once those results are received.

to be fair, the BT has a policy that says they can’t play for 21 days. (I don’t think they necessarily have to quarantine for that long). This is to make sure everything is ok with their heart. They run several tests to verify the heart can withstand the stress of being an elite athlete. (This is why coaches can return earlier than players)

If you remember, Trevor Lawrence was a good example of this. He was on the sideline against ND, clearly not quarantining, but still unable to play. Why? Because the ACC still hadn’t verified that his heart was OK. Now I don’t believe the ACC has any formal sit out period like the BT’s 21 days; the ACC just runs those tests and ok’s a player once those results are received.
Good point. At 21 days, are they getting a Test at all? With all these lessons learned since Spring 2020, couldn't a stress test administered by Athletic Trainer at 10 day interval reveal that?
More questions than answers, but there has to be a way to safely meet the requirements to return to play at 10 days if all they had were minor symptoms.

The 21 days makes perfect sense since we’re seeing so many athletes across the nation with myocarditis after getting the Rona. Hospitalizations have spiked!

The 21 days makes perfect sense since we’re seeing so many athletes across the nation with myocarditis after getting the Rona.
Cite sources. I've heard of only two college football athletes. The I.U. player in summer pre-season workouts and the Jamain Stephens of Cal University of Pennsylvania listed at 355 lbs.

Yes, many college football athletes have tested positive. No, not many at all have had myocarditis. Keep the facts above board.
There has to be a test that can safely and quickly determine if players have heart / lung complications and to shut down playing longer or release them to play at 10 days.

Last edited:
Sorry, should have put a /s at the end of my post. The whole fricken rules fiasco that is the B1G Covid policy is built on that pile of ridiculousness. Somehow NFL players are immune to this issue and can come back much quicker.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT