ADVERTISEMENT

Just for fun ... who do you not want us to meet in the NCAAT

Do Dah Day

All-American
Nov 8, 2015
Please, this is just for fun. Do NOT turn this into anything that is not fun. So, Sunday night when the draw is announced, what TWO teams do you not want us to meet on the way to the Elite 8? You can only list two and just to make it more fun, they cannot be NC, Kansas, Villanova, Virginia or Oklahoma.

Ready, set go ...
1. West Virginia
2. Miami (FL)

I actually like the current bracket that JL has on ESPN. He has us as a 5 with Utah at the 4 & Virginia at the 1. X is the 2 in the bracket. The 2 teams I would like to avoid is X & MSU. But come E8, your going to see someone

Valparaiso - rooting for them to advance
Butler - just the mere possibility of losing to them again...

Reactions: PBoiler84
I actually like the current bracket that JL has on ESPN. He has us as a 5 with Utah at the 4 & Virginia at the 1. X is the 2 in the bracket. The 2 teams I would like to avoid is X & MSU. But come E8, your going to see someone
Good ones. I don't want to see any B1G teams because they won't need to prepare for us like others who have not played us twice will. So, NO B1G teams!!!

Valparaiso - rooting for them to advance
Butler - just the mere possibility of losing to them again...
I think Valpo and Monmouth are lower seeds we want to avoid. I think Valpo will do well. .... just find a bracket other than ours.

Definitely agree on Texas.

Xavier, too. It seems like it's been a decade since we've beaten them.

Oklahoma - their guards are just head and shoulders above ours.

I wouldn't say that I don't want Purdue to face Utah, but the Utes can definitely compete with our size.

I actually wouldn't mind Purdue taking another crack at Kansas. This year's KU team isn't as dominant up front as in past years.

Definitely agree on Texas.

Xavier, too. It seems like it's been a decade since we've beaten them.

Oklahoma - their guards are just head and shoulders above ours.

I wouldn't say that I don't want Purdue to face Utah, but the Utes can definitely compete with our size.

I actually wouldn't mind Purdue taking another crack at Kansas. This year's KU team isn't as dominant up front as in past years.
You're down for X and TX ... OK was on the "cannot vote for" list.

California- They are streaking and I don't want Purdue to knock out or be knocked out by Cuonzo
Duke- Their shooting could light Purdue up.

Please, this is just for fun. Do NOT turn this into anything that is not fun. So, Sunday night when the draw is announced, what TWO teams do you not want us to meet on the way to the Elite 8? You can only list two and just to make it more fun, they cannot be NC, Kansas, Villanova, Virginia or Oklahoma.

Ready, set go ...
1. West Virginia
2. Miami (FL)
1. Texas is hot...may take down Kansas 2night
2. Utah...Pac 10 is underated

Any team that is good at full-court press, and has a 4/5 man (or both) who can step out and hit the 3. Those are killers for this currently constructed Purdue team.

Honestly, no team in this year's NCAAT scares me. I am probably more afraid of a small team pulling a VCU.

Yep, I agree totally. The list is a bit short, which I think is good.

Texas is definitely coming on, as we knew Shaka would get them to be. WV is very scary to me, as is VA.
We would beat Va black and blue. Yep I said it.

Agreed ... but this thread is who you do NOT want to face. Give us your vote on that.

So sorry, reading is not my strong suit.... that being said, I would not like to face University of Tennessee at Chattanooga as well Saint Bonaventure. I have enough trouble reading let alone trying to spell those 2 on my bracket.

So sorry, reading is not my strong suit.... that being said, I would not like to face University of Tennessee at Chattanooga as well Saint Bonaventure. I have enough trouble reading let alone trying to spell those 2 on my bracket.
HA, good choices. I considered choosing mascots I hate ... I had to put my computer glasses on (rather than my reading glasses) to read your response .... we're in the same boat my friend.

California- They are streaking and I don't want Purdue to knock out or be knocked out by Cuonzo
Duke- Their shooting could light Purdue up.
I think you are forgetting how good our defense is. Duke hasn't seen a defense like Purdue this entire year. (and when they have faced something close, they lost)

I think it has to be WV and Texas. Followed by Kentucky

I think you are forgetting how good our defense is. Duke hasn't seen a defense like Purdue this entire year. (and when they have faced something close, they lost)
I know our defense is good. The only time the team has struggled is when teams are hitting behind the arc. Maryland did it, Illinois, Irving, IU, and Iowa all killed us with the deep ball.

I know our defense is good. The only time the team has struggled is when teams are hitting behind the arc. Maryland did it, Illinois, Irving, IU, and Iowa all killed us with the deep ball.
zone helps that, we have not completely learned how to implore the zone when they have "loaded" wings. painter is working on that.

Oregon ....uber athletic team with shooters

Arizona......has the size and depth to match up

Agreed ... but this thread is who you do NOT want to face. Give us your vote on that.
I've not paid enough attention outside the BIG but I fear teams with good stretch 5's and stretch 4's. They are our Kryptonite. Pulls our bigs out and makes it hard for us to cover pick and roll / pop.

Hi Nick
200.gif

West Virginia
West Virginia
Did I mention West Virginia?? My Son and I have a running joke that on selection Sunday we are going to be paired with them in our bracket. I sure hope we are wrong!

West Virginia
West Virginia
Did I mention West Virginia?? My Son and I have a running joke that on selection Sunday we are going to be paired with them in our bracket. I sure hope we are wrong!
Yep ... and Miami ... did you see them last night?

Reactions: Dryfly88
Texas, Texas, and Texas. The funny thing is, looks like this is a 2nd round match-up for IU, or mis-match. Texas over the C&C by 9

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT