ADVERTISEMENT

Just becuz - Prediction

If it wasn't affecting you, you wouldn't keep posting the defense of your toxicity
Wanting Painter replaced is a toxicity?

If you like Painter and want him to stay for 25 years, that’s your issue. I want him gone because Purdue can do better and be a Final Four contender on a regular basis, just not with Painter.

Reactions: BoilerDeac
Not sure why you continue to rehash this. We all know where you stand on this and you have brought little to nothing in the likes of either discussion or positive retorts towards things you don’t agree with. It’s simply become vitriol and bashing that borders on an obsession against CMP and the program until you get exactly what you want.

As was mentioned before, it wasn’t that long ago I saw (and many others) as a quality poster who brought a different perspective to the board. It’s a welcome site to any conversation if you’d actually like to grow from it. In fact, many times those on your side of the aisle have changed me opinion or forced me to look in greater detail at something. But the constant attacks towards posters and the rehashing of your agenda has really hurt what you represented here.

“Quality Posts”... You mean ones that you agree with?

What happened to your DVR plan? That lasted all of what? Zero days? I don’t believe someone who demands such a high level of performance would stay with their master plan for all of zero days. Calling bullshit in this one - you’re pathetic.

I was out of town at in-laws and didn’t set the DRV. I literally had no choice but to watch, especially considering Iowa’s our most hated rival.
I’ll definitely be dvring the MSU game. I promise you.

Wanting Painter replaced is a toxicity?

If you like Painter and want him to stay for 25 years, that’s your issue. I want him gone because Purdue can do better and be a Final Four contender on a regular basis, just not with Painter.
That's just ignorant. Your toxicity is your negativity, your asshole way of expressing yourself, your arrogance against other fans, your Middle School bullying, your incessant ranting .... it has NOTHING to do with your psycho hatred of a coach that is always ranked in the top 20 active coaches. That would be fine if you weren't such an immature bully ass.

As I have said several times. I enjoy talking Purdue basketball. My OP was a way for me to have fun ... you came on and your toxic attitude and words took the fun away ...

If I walk into BW3s and there are two groups of Purdue fans watching the game - which is up 20 BTW. One is high-fiving and laughing, the other is frowning and pounding their fists on the table ... I want to join the first group. You can form your own group ... just stay the **** off my fun thread!

Last edited:
“Quality Posts”... You mean ones that you agree with?
Not at all. I happen to think dissenting opinions are good. You have brought up good points that have made me pause and reconsider my own thoughts and feelings multiple times. I welcome that and am not above having my ideas and thoughts challenged and then changed. Again, how do we grow if we don’t allow ourselves to hear the other side and other perspectives.

CMP’s growth in the midst of the downfall of the program came from someone at a poker game telling him he was going about his recruiting wrong (at least that’s what has been told to me). This individual suggested he give recruits and players personality tests to see where they were strong and where they were weak and if they would fit in to a culture he would like to build. (Again, a story I have been told and haven’t had a chance to truly verify it).

Our country has seen a political downfall because of our failure to recognize the ability of the opposition to be correct. You have yourself been correct in instances...but your ability to see the opposing side as being correct or at least valid is what has clouded your judgement (IMHO). You contribute in positive ways...just not when you are trolling and attacking fellow posters and coming off as brash and arrogant.

If I wanted a circle jerk of awesomeness...I’d go be a IU/ND fan.

that's just ignorant. You toxicity is your negativity, your asshole way of expressing yourself, your arrogance against other fans, your Middle School bullying, your incessant ranting .... it has NOTHING to do with your psycho hatred of a coach that is always ranked in the top 20 active coaches. That would be fine if you weren't such an immature bully ass.

As I said several times. I enjoy talking purdue basketball. My OP was a way for me to have fun ... you came on and your toxic attitude and words took the fun away ...

If I walk into BW3s and there are two groups of Purdue fans watching the game - which is up 20 BTW. One is high-fiving and laughing, the other is frowning and pounding their fists on the table ... I want to join the first group. You can form your own group ... just stay the **** off my fun thread!
I’ve seen on the Louisville board they actually have people from their forums “get togethers”. Wonder how that would work here? TIC #4.

I’ve seen on the Louisville board they actually have people from their forums “get togethers”. Wonder how that would work here? TIC #4.
there would need to be two separate tables ... far apart

Ten West was a cool place, back in the day

Reactions: tenwest
I'm going to stay positive! On 23 Jan I'm expecting my son will have 4 personal bests, medaling in the long jump and people here will start taking track more seriously and maybe start following it a little more and start rooting for other sports besides basketball!

It's also the day I will no longer be on a heart monitor and all of my speech and cardio rehab sessions will be completed and I'll be given a clean bill of health!

There is more to life than the petty arguments on this board. Get over yourself!

Boy, I remember the Ten West ads in the football programs back in the day...
Excellent memory guys! I was always thinking people would think my handle was a representation of Purdue’s conference affiliation. But I actually used to post here using “10West” about 10 years ago but it wouldn’t let me use it again with my new email. I used to really admire the blue lights that sat atop what was then the Purdue National Bank building.

Reactions: Do Dah Day
I'm going to stay positive! On 23 Jan I'm expecting my son will have 4 personal bests, medaling in the long jump and people here will start taking track more seriously and maybe start following it a little more and start rooting for other sports besides basketball!

It's also the day I will no longer be on a heart monitor and all of my speech and cardio rehab sessions will be completed and I'll be given a clean bill of health!

There is more to life than the petty arguments on this board. Get over yourself!

How far does your son usually jump?

All this seems to be affecting you guys much more than me. My expectations for the team are low. I’ll watch most games, hope they win them all, but realize we won’t and we’re unlikely to make the tourney. I’m sort of resigned to that fact. Each tourney Miss is a step closer to my goal which is replacing Painter.
If I thought you had a sense of humor, this would be the best DWS post of the year. Some may say your tantrum is justified, but no one can deny you aren't in a constant tantrum over a B-A-S-K-E-T-B-A-L-L T-E-A-M. lol

This thread is funny because you can easily see how boneheadfish is so easily agitated by things. I mean here he is in a thread that doesn't even mention him PMSing all over it because he is such a drama queen.

I highly doubt he is even a Purdue fan to begin with, he is entirely too stupid to even have gotten in to Purdue let alone try and give advice on basketball. Dude is straight up doofuss.

Not sure why you continue to rehash this. We all know where you stand on this and you have brought little to nothing in the likes of either discussion or positive retorts towards things you don’t agree with. It’s simply become vitriol and bashing that borders on an obsession against CMP and the program until you get exactly what you want.

As was mentioned before, it wasn’t that long ago I saw (and many others) as a quality poster who brought a different perspective to the board. It’s a welcome site to any conversation if you’d actually like to grow from it. In fact, many times those on your side of the aisle have changed me opinion or forced me to look in greater detail at something. But the constant attacks towards posters and the rehashing of your agenda has really hurt what you represented here.

Let the man have his say...

If all we have on this board are pom pom carrying Painter cheerleaders then it's nothing more than circle-jerk forum.

Plus he's better than "BoiledSteel" for sure, as this individual is nothing but a troll and a instigator yet I don't see you as a moderator commenting on his behavior. I HOPE THIS DOES NOT DETRACT YOU FROM DOING YOUR JOB.

Reactions: JohnnyDoeBoiler
Let the man have his say...

If all we have on this board are pom pom carrying Painter cheerleaders then it's nothing more than circle-jerk forum.

Plus he's better than "BoiledSteel" for sure, as this individual is nothing but a troll and a instigator yet I don't see you as a moderator commenting on his behavior. I HOPE THIS DOES NOT DETRACT YOU FROM DOING YOUR JOB.
Like you have any room to talk. All you do is bash the players and the team yet you are essentially left alone.

You're part of the problem here, not the solution.

That's just ignorant. Your toxicity is your negativity, your asshole way of expressing yourself, your arrogance against other fans, your Middle School bullying, your incessant ranting .... it has NOTHING to do with your psycho hatred of a coach that is always ranked in the top 20 active coaches. That would be fine if you weren't such an immature bully ass.

As I have said several times. I enjoy talking Purdue basketball. My OP was a way for me to have fun ... you came on and your toxic attitude and words took the fun away ...

Man, you're taking this stuff way too seriously. This is an internet forum. The idea of the forum is for people to express opinions and debate who's opinion is correct. It's not to sit around and back slap each other and say how great each other is. What fun would that be?
When someone says something that I disagree with, what do you think I (or whoever) is going to do?
That's what makes it fun: You take a position and support that position with data. When people think Painter is the best Purdue can do, I'm not going to agree with them and I'm going to express my opinion as to why. And then I'm going to back up that opinion.
Just like most people posting, I have a vested interest in Purdue's success. It's my school to.

Reactions: BoilerIron
This thread is funny because you can easily see how boneheadfish is so easily agitated by things. I mean here he is in a thread that doesn't even mention him PMSing all over it because he is such a drama queen.

I highly doubt he is even a Purdue fan to begin with, he is entirely too stupid to even have gotten in to Purdue let alone try and give advice on basketball. Dude is straight up doofuss.

Damn...you got me there. I need to take some personal inventory after that keyboard lashing.

Like you have any room to talk. All you do is bash the players and the team yet you are essentially left alone.

You're part of the problem here, not the solution.

So, what IS the problem? That sometimes people post something you don't like or agree with? That not everyone agrees with you that Painter is the GOAT?
Is the solution that we never say anything negative about anybody or questions a the coach?
Again, you're from the 'everyone gets a trophy' generation.

I was trying to avoid getting in the middle of this, but it is very ironic that bonefish (formerly lenniel) calls ANYONE a snowflake. If you look up the meaning of the term, he is the literal definition word as he uses it. I mean to the letter.

And to you lenniel, there is zero reason for you to come in to this thread and crap all over it. You gained nothing other than pretty much embarrassing yourself.

You used to be a better poster than this, even back in the early days when we didn't agree it was mostly jovial. Now you are angered by the slightest positive mention and quickly go off the deep end. It might be worth your while considering taking a break from here for a while since you are so emotionally tied in to this forum and what is said and it is not healthy.

HOLY SHIT BATMAN!!!! Fo' Real?
Huh; I never made the connection. Thank you Mr Obvious, you're a real lifesaver....

I obviously had Bonefish confused with another nic, from a different poster altogether. Thank you BBG, I did not know this; but it explains A LOT!!!

I had noticed things had gotten pretty elementary school around here the last several months (after the T-Tech loss last March, I avoided this place like a leper colony, due to the circus I figured it would become after that game).

When I did start reading again (late summer), it had become such a freaking romper room, with all the juvenile B.S. that was now the status quo
Again, I obviously mistook Bonefish for another older, more well respected poster, and was confused by the regression in general intelligence, and overall maturity level of said poster. Now it all makes sense: It's just Lenniel. WOW.

Reactions: bonefish1
HOLY SHIT BATMAN!!!! Fo' Real?
Huh; I never made the connection. Thank you Mr Obvious, you're a real lifesaver....

I obviously had Bonefish confused with another nic, from a different poster altogether. Thank you BBG, I did not know this; but it explains A LOT!!!

I had noticed things had gotten pretty elementary school around here the last several months (after the T-Tech loss last March, I avoided this place like a leper colony, due to the circus I figured it would become after that game).

When I did start reading again (late summer), it had become such a freaking romper room, with all the juvenile B.S. that was now the status quo
Again, I obviously mistook Bonefish for another older, more well respected poster, and was confused by the regression in general intelligence, and overall maturity level of said poster. Now it all makes sense: It's just Lenniel. WOW.
So wait, you all are telling me he has already been banned here once under a different ID? I mean it should been expected, but to have it confirmed is just hilarious.

So, what IS the problem? That sometimes people post something you don't like or agree with? That not everyone agrees with you that Painter is the GOAT?
Is the solution that we never say anything negative about anybody or questions a the coach?
Again, you're from the 'everyone gets a trophy' generation.

I find this comment, and especially that last sentence, to be pretty much the "pot calling the kettle black", and at the very least: transference.

Your whole argument, the beef against CMP and your cries for a coaching change hinge upon that whole "everyone gets a trophy" mentality.
Those who are just a little more grounded, reasonable, and (might I say) "clear thinking", see that there is an ability for the program to be successful, without having "going to the Finals" as an absolute qualifier of a program's success.

Let me ask you this: if you are not happy with CMP, why does it have to be all or nothing with you? Why is it that, because you don't think he's been successful, that the AD should just chuck it all, and start over from square one? Where is your flexibility; where is your ability to find a reasonable compromise/middle ground?

So wait, you all are telling me he has already been banned here once under a different ID? I mean it should been expected, but to have it confirmed is just hilarious.

Again, like I said, I steered clear of this place for several months following the Texas Tech game. I did this because I did't want to see all the chicken littles, the ledge jumpers, the "FIRE PAINTER", "Fire BOBINSKI", string up the ball boy, lynch mob nuts, that were sure to come out of the woodwork afterwards.

It just all fell into line, when I read BBG's comment there, as to the fact that I hadn't seen anything from Lenniel lately, and that the nic "Bonefish1" (who I thought was an old time poster, even from boards prior to this one), had suddenly gone all Benjamin Buttons on us. It suddenly all made sense.

Again, like I said, I steered clear of this place for several months following the Texas Tech game. I did this because I did't want to see all the chicken littles, the ledge jumpers, the "FIRE PAINTER", "Fire BOBINSKI", string up the ball boy, lynch mob nuts, that were sure to come out of the woodwork afterwards.

It just all fell into line, when I read BBG's comment there, as to the fact that I hadn't seen anything from Lenniel lately, and that the nic "Bonefish1" (who I thought was an old time poster, even from boards prior to this one), had suddenly gone all Benjamin Buttons on us. It suddenly all made sense.
I used to post here a while back as well under a different id that I have long forgotten. And like you I left for a while for the same reasons you did and many followed suit.

I never put two and two together either that bonefish was lennial. That does put everything in to perspective some.

I'm actually quite saddened that this forum has turned in to what it is. It used to be the primary spot for Purdue discussions but the threads that are not only allowed to be posted here but also remain open make it not worth the effort to try and engage most of the time. Eventually every thread turns in to FIRE PAINTER or other nonsense.

I used to post here a while back as well under a different id that I have long forgotten. And like you I left for a while for the same reasons you did and many followed suit.

I never put two and two together either that bonefish was lennial. That does put everything in to perspective some.

I'm actually quite saddened that this forum has turned in to what it is. It used to be the primary spot for Purdue discussions but the threads that are not only allowed to be posted here but also remain open make it not worth the effort to try and engage most of the time. Eventually every thread turns in to FIRE PAINTER or other nonsense.

Ok, so where did all those cool kids go? Is there another board where i wouldn't have to read all this drivel all the time, and actually get to talk Boiler B-ball without it turning into a pissing match every time?

Ok, so where did all those cool kids go? Is there another board where i wouldn't have to read all this drivel all the time, and actually get to talk Boiler B-ball without it turning into a pissing match every time?
I think it's kind of spread out now across a few places. One I hang out at a lot is on reddit and while people can be jackwagons there, the flip side is you can downvote their comments in to oblivion.

There are also little to no IU posters there :)

Man, you're taking this stuff way too seriously. This is an internet forum. The idea of the forum is for people to express opinions and debate who's opinion is correct. It's not to sit around and back slap each other and say how great each other is. What fun would that be?
When someone says something that I disagree with, what do you think I (or whoever) is going to do?
That's what makes it fun: You take a position and support that position with data. When people think Painter is the best Purdue can do, I'm not going to agree with them and I'm going to express my opinion as to why. And then I'm going to back up that opinion.
Just like most people posting, I have a vested interest in Purdue's success. It's my school to.
Painter was never mentioned on this thread. Never until you brought up his lack of giving time to Tre and Wheeler. You brought him into the conversation when he didn't need to be. Own it.

I find this comment, and especially that last sentence, to be pretty much the "pot calling the kettle black", and at the very least: transference.

Your whole argument, the beef against CMP and your cries for a coaching change hinge upon that whole "everyone gets a trophy" mentality.
Those who are just a little more grounded, reasonable, and (might I say) "clear thinking", see that there is an ability for the program to be successful, without having "going to the Finals" as an absolute qualifier of a program's success.

Let me ask you this: if you are not happy with CMP, why does it have to be all or nothing with you? Why is it that, because you don't think he's been successful, that the AD should just chuck it all, and start over from square one? Where is your flexibility; where is your ability to find a reasonable compromise/middle ground?

What do you mean "all or nothing"? You mean I can have 1/2 Painter and 1/2 Shaka Smart? Is the the middle ground you're referring to?
Honestly, where is there middle ground? If Painter had landed Hall, I would be singing a different tune. But Hall was literally about the 6th 5 star Painter has whiffed on (usually to MSU) when everything should have pointed to him coming to Purdue. To me, that means that after 14 years of recruiting, landing a single 5 star, never getting past the S16, that Painter has peaked.

As I've said many times: We all have different definitions of success and expectations for the program. Mine happen to be higher than some others posting here and I don't buy into the excuses some people make as to why Purdue can't be a perennial Final Four contender.

What do you mean "all or nothing"? You mean I can have 1/2 Painter and 1/2 Shaka Smart? Is the the middle ground you're referring to?
Honestly, where is there middle ground? If Painter had landed Hall, I would be singing a different tune. But Hall was literally about the 6th 5 star Painter has whiffed on (usually to MSU) when everything should have pointed to him coming to Purdue. To me, that means that after 14 years of recruiting, landing a single 5 star, never getting past the S16, that Painter has peaked.

As I've said many times: We all have different definitions of success and expectations for the program. Mine happen to be higher than some others posting here and I don't buy into the excuses some people make as to why Purdue can't be a perennial Final Four contender.
My perennials come back every year. Is it stupid as hell to expect Purdue to be a serious candidate for a FF every year? Well yes Timmy it is. As s matter of fact there are few,if any, schools that legitimately compete for a FF every year. We shouldn’t fire a really good coach because he hasn’t accomplished the impossible. IU is case in point of “not accepting” mediocrity. That insistence on excellence has resulted in a fairly average result. But why point out reality to someone who has no interest in dealing with it. Illinois is in their second decade now of searching for a savior. Texas is off the charts now that they have Shaka. IU is middling again in year two of Miller. I see no return to Bobby with Miller. So who we getting Bone? Who takes us to Neverland?

My perennials come back every year. Is it stupid as hell to expect Purdue to be a serious candidate for a FF every year? Well yes Timmy it is. As s matter of fact there are few,if any, schools that legitimately compete for a FF every year. We shouldn’t fire a really good coach because he hasn’t accomplished the impossible. IU is case in point of “not accepting” mediocrity. That insistence on excellence has resulted in a fairly average result. But why point out reality to someone who has no interest in dealing with it. Illinois is in their second decade now of searching for a savior. Texas is off the charts now that they have Shaka. IU is middling again in year two of Miller. I see no return to Bobby with Miller. So who we getting Bone? Who takes us to Neverland?
It's hypocritical to call IU's results under Crean average while saying Painter is a really good coach. in 14 years Painter has 2 Big ten championships and 4 S16s. IU under Crean had 2 Big Ten championships and 3 S16s in 5 less years.

As for who we would get, this has been rehashed over and over again. Chris Beard, Eric Musselman, Greg Tonagel (would need great assistant coaches that understand recruiting), Steve Prohm.

It's hypocritical to call IU's results under Crean average while saying Painter is a really good coach. in 14 years Painter has 2 Big ten championships and 4 S16s. IU under Crean had 2 Big Ten championships and 3 S16s in 5 less years.

As for who we would get, this has been rehashed over and over again. Chris Beard, Eric Musselman, Greg Tonagel (would need great assistant coaches that understand recruiting), Steve Prohm.
Is it hypocritical to demand a perennial FF contender when none exist? Should Gonzaga axe Few? MSU should definitely dump Izzo. Matter of fact at least 48 of the top 50 programs should get rid of their coach since they don’t perennially contend. Even Villanova is accepting mediocrity more than likely. Basically K and...nobody else is worthy. I seriously doubt any of those you mentioned makes Purdue a perennial contender.

Reactions: jimsil13
Is it hypocritical to demand a perennial FF contender when none exist? Should Gonzaga axe Few? MSU should definitely dump Izzo. Matter of fact at least 48 of the top 50 programs should get rid of their coach since they don’t perennially contend. Even Villanova is accepting mediocrity more than likely. Basically K and...nobody else is worthy. I seriously doubt any of those you mentioned makes Purdue a perennial contender.
We should be a perennial top 15 team. We should make it to the FF at least once a decade. We should be Elite 8 bound multiple times a decade. We should be bringing in top 20 recruiting classes every year.

In the last 39 years we have been to the Elite 8 twice. Painter has never been to the Elite 8.

14 years

2 B1G Championships (1 outright, 1 shared)
1 B1G Tournament Championship
4 S16s
2 Top 20 recruiting classes

Do you consider this the best we can do?

Reactions: bonefish1
We should be a perennial top 15 team. We should make it to the FF at least once a decade. We should be Elite 8 bound multiple times a decade. We should be bringing in top 20 recruiting classes every year.

In the last 39 years we have been to the Elite 8 twice. Painter has never been to the Elite 8.

14 years

2 B1G Championships (1 outright, 1 shared)
1 B1G Tournament Championship
4 S16s
2 Top 20 recruiting classes

Do you consider this the best we can do?

No, but it certainly isn't the worst we could do either. That's the whole point: there's no guarantees.

Consider this: It took Coach K 17* years of coaching, to reach his first final four, and 22* to get his first Nat Championship. This is talking about, by far and away, the winningest coach in all of college basketball history.

You don't start out day one as a great, or even good coach; you have to learn, and hone the craft, as you go along.

Painter, by comparison, is in his 26th year* of coaching overall, just came off a 30 win season, and you want to fire him for lack of success. That's just ludicrous to me..

I think that, to a certain degree, the Keady post season curse casts a negative light on CMP, as he is a Keady disciple. He somehow inherits that curse for some fans, simply because he comes from the Keady coaching tree. Just my opinion.

*-total years of coaching, including years served as an assistant, or at low tier schools/positions.

You’re being a little too literal in the definition of perennial. How about “0ccasional”? How about we have a good shot for a FF every few years?
But here’s a question for you: do you think Painter gets P to a FF or a NC?
Do you think it happens this year? Next year?
What’s Painter shown you in his recruiting to prove he can get the players that can make a FF run?
What’s Painter shown you in his tourney coaching that makes you think he can get past the S16?
Do you think Painter is the best possible coach P can get?

No, but it certainly isn't the worst we could do either. That's the whole point: there's no guarantees.

Consider this: It took Coach K 17* years of coaching, to reach his first final four, and 22* to get his first Nat Championship. This is talking about, by far and away, the winningest coach in all of college basketball history.

You don't start out day one as a great, or even good coach; you have to learn, and hone the craft, as you go along.

Painter, by comparison, is in his 26th year* of coaching overall, just came off a 30 win season, and you want to fire him for lack of success. That's just ludicrous to me..

I think that, to a certain degree, the Keady post season curse casts a negative light on CMP, as he is a Keady disciple. He somehow inherits that curse for some fans, simply because he comes from the Keady coaching tree. Just my opinion.

*-total years of coaching, including years served as an assistant, or at low tier schools/positions.

You’re right, there are no guarantees. There’s no guarantee Painter will ever get past a S16 and there’s no guarantee that our next coach won’t win a national championship.
But I’ll ask the question that none of the Painter cheerleaders will answer:
How long does he get at Purdue before a change is made?

You’re right, there are no guarantees. There’s no guarantee Painter will ever get past a S16 and there’s no guarantee that our next coach won’t win a national championship.
I would give him at least another 10 years. He does things "the right way", and I have tremendous respect for a coach like that. I see no reason to get rid of him just because the "entitlement" morons throw tantrums that we aren't advancing fast enough to meet their grandiose dreams. Good Lord...

Painter will be here as long as he likes if he keep consistently winning and putting Purdue in the position to win league titles, league tourney titles and gets us into the tourney.
I am presuming from your posts that you will want a coach that has Purdue playing in the final four ever year and being at the top of the league each year. The truth however is that there aren’t but a few coaches in the entire history of college basketball that have been able to maintain anything near that level and I hate to be the first to tell you but, Shaka Smart ain’t one of them.

Things could be a lost worse than what we Purdue fans have experienced. Stop being such a puzzy.

Reactions: jimsil13

I don’t think it is hypocritical. Painter was far more consistent than Crean. Crean certainly recruited more five stars, but put Painter at IU and he would recruit more 5 stars as well.

I don’t believe that Painter has a Sweet Sixteen ceiling. He is one of a small number of coaches to make 4 of them at his current school, but twice he did so without a key player (Hummel/Haas) and 3 times he ran into a #1 seed, so it’s not surprising that he is 0-4. Purdue has had trouble matching up with some of the powerhouses (UConn, Duke, and Kansas) in those situations and he hasn’t been able to take Purdue to that elite level, thus far, but eight top 3 Big Ten finishes in the last 11 years is a very impressive accomplishment that Crean didn’t come close to.

I would give him at least another 10 years. He does things "the right way", and I have tremendous respect for a coach like that. I see no reason to get rid of him just because the "entitlement" morons throw tantrums that we aren't advancing fast enough to meet their grandiose dreams. Good Lord...

Wow, so you're willing to accept 50 years without a Final Four for Purdue, as long as there's never a scandal?
10 more years of good, but never great.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT