ADVERTISEMENT

Jirehl Brock cancels OV

That is odd. Possibly they all came to an agreement that Purdue may not be the best fit for him? Even if, it is a tad odd.
Was going to suggest that the kid informed the coaches and they all agreed. The coaches may really like this kid but know he may fit better some where else because there are other guys Purdue stands a better chance with that fit better with what Purdue needs and wants. Maybe the coaches liked his tweet because they are good people who are happy for the kid...you can lose out and be happy for a kid you have recruited and built a relationship with over a year or two.

It makes it important if, for example, a player eventually wants to leave a program and Purdue has a need...makes it easier to get that kid on campus eventually.

With this early signing period, if you aren’t elite you better jump on an offer before it’s gone!

I really think David Bell is the only kid we hold one for. Everybody else will be first come first served I feel

I think JJ Weaver is definitely a guy who we will find room for as well. Also this staff and Eron Hodges is in full court press mode on flipping Sampson James. Things have gotten "cut-throat" once Urban Meyer stole Craig Young last week....there is blood in the water now.....

Last edited:
I think JJ Weaver is definitely a guy who we will find room for as well. Also this staff and Eron Hodges is in full court press mode on flipping Sampson James. Things have gotten "cut-throat" once Urban Meyer stole Craig Young last week....there is blood in the water now.....

Where have you heard that about Sampson?

Reactions: Nerdberts

JJ Weaver is a Boiler

Reactions: Poprudy
Hodges is the guy who initially recruited both Bell and Sampson to OSU. he built a solid relationship with both players. Now, Hodges has left OSU and is at Purdue. his relationships with the players he recruited are still strong. So it's possible Bell and Sampson could both come to Purdue. bell has changed from a 100% OSU commit to a 50/50 OSU /Purdue commit.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT