ADVERTISEMENT

Jirehl Brock cancels OV

Purdue11

Junior
Jun 18, 2017

Dang it. Need a dynamic RB like him in the class. Well their is still time to flip Sampson James I guess

...because he is already CONVINCED he wants to come to Purdue and wants to save the OV for another recruit!!! :D

What happened? Surely the Hewitt commitment didn't scare him off.

Maybe all the talk about Hunter and our pursuit of elite receivers has him thinking our offense will be pass oriented and not showcasing his running ability. And he doesn't like pass blocking?

I believe Brohm will sign 2 RBs, but I would also believe one would be more of a fullback than a featured running back. So yes I believe the recent commit did affect his decision.

...because he is already CONVINCED he wants to come to Purdue and wants to save the OV for another recruit!!! :D

What happened? Surely the Hewitt commitment didn't scare him off.
I thought recruits only have 5 OV’s. Don’t schools have an unlimited amount of OV’s

The only thing I can think of is either our recruiting class will be smaller than planned. Some have said we have 20 seniors. Or Brohm plans to go to a 1 back offense and is recruiting only 1 RB. Or Brohm has another RB already committed who hasn't announced it yet.

I recall last year after Painter signed Williams and Dow he canceled two scheduled visits by big men and told them to look elsewhere.

It's odd a coach would cancel an official visit, but it does happen.

You are losing so many RBs after this year. I thought I heard this would be a class where we took at least 2 RBs, unless someone on the roster is being converted to RB.

You are losing so many RBs after this year. I thought I heard this would be a class where we took at least 2 RBs, unless someone on the roster is being converted to RB.
I still think we will. There are several RB's we are still actively recruiting as far as I know. I don't know what to make of this. Especially at this point in the recruiting process. Did we find out something we didn't like about him? Old injury? Character flaw? Arrest record?

I still think we will. There are several RB's we are still actively recruiting as far as I know. I don't know what to make of this. Especially at this point in the recruiting process. Did we find out something we didn't like about him? Old injury? Character flaw? Arrest record?

Something is going on. When he tweeted it, Coach Wallace, Coach Rowe, Coach Barclay, Coach Shepherd, and Eron Hodges all liked it. That’s telling me they’re the ones who made the call to not have him visit.

Something is going on. When he tweeted it, Coach Wallace, Coach Rowe, Coach Barclay, Coach Shepherd, and Eron Hodges all liked it. That’s telling me they’re the ones who made the call to not have him visit.
I saw that too. Thought that was odd

The only thing I can think of is either our recruiting class will be smaller than planned. Some have said we have 20 seniors. Or Brohm plans to go to a 1 back offense and is recruiting only 1 RB. Or Brohm has another RB already committed who hasn't announced it yet.

I recall last year after Painter signed Williams and Dow he canceled two scheduled visits by big men and told them to look elsewhere.

It's odd a coach would cancel an official visit, but it does happen.

Horvath looked good in the spring, and can at least fill the limited snaps where we use a fullback. Honestly if he was our 3rd string rb I wouldn’t be too concerned, think he’s solid enough for a few carries per game.

That being said, all data points to Brohm wanting at least 2 rb’s this class. We lose 2 seniors, and already lost Lankford-Johnson, so should take at least 2 this class.

Reactions: Mullah
maybe he already committed and doesn't need a visit?

Somebody once said Purdue as a school can only offer so many official visits. I personally don't know the official rules. maybe he's coming to Summer camp at Purdue, so they don't need and canceled the official visit?

Somebody once said Purdue as a school can only offer so many official visits. I personally don't know the official rules. maybe he's coming to Summer camp at Purdue, so they don't need and canceled the official visit?

Maybe he's said "eh, im not really interested" or has told the coaches he already silently comitted elsewhere.

Can't blame them in that case.

We can start playing a bit of recruiting hard ball....especially vs. NW, Iowa and teams it seems like we will be better than in the very near future.

Limit used to be 75 Ofiicial Visits for a school.

I’m sure there are rules about coaching changes and such, but 75 used to be the max

I wouldn't think that would be the case. A recruit ranked as highly as him get an OV if he wants it. I don't know the rules on OV's but I would think we can host as many as we want. I can believe that maybe we already have info that he absolutely isn't going to commit here so we figured it is a waste of time to host a visit???

Reactions: ChuckJr

That doesn’t make sense though. If they made that call, why would they like his tweet about it. Seems kind of petty if that’s the case.

Reactions: DannyGranger
I can't believe our coaching staff would all like a tweet by a recruit that said he's canceling his visit especially if Purdue canceled the visit. they wouldn't all give a sarcastic like and good bye. I know a lot of people on this board would, but not our coaching staff. There has to be more to this story than is being revealed.

Maybe all the talk about Hunter and our pursuit of elite receivers has him thinking our offense will be pass oriented and not showcasing his running ability. And he doesn't like pass blocking?

I believe Brohm will sign 2 RBs, but I would also believe one would be more of a fullback than a featured running back. So yes I believe the recent commit did affect his decision.

I love Horvath as a fullback, -H-back, Tailback. I would love to see a burner as the next Tailback recruit, a super fast guy who can block and can catch. I don’t care how many stars he has. Did you all pay attention to the high number of walk-ones and two star recruits taken on the first two days of thevNFL draft?

I find it odd after he canceled his visit that a different RB ranked much lower scheduled an official visit. This would suggest Brohm wants two RBs.

AndBrock didn't cancel his other official visits .

Maybe there was a scheduling problem and that's why all the Purdue coaches liked his tweet.

I find it odd after he canceled his visit that a different RB ranked much lower scheduled an official visit. This would suggest Brohm wants two RBs.

AndBrock didn't cancel his other official visits .

Maybe there was a scheduling problem and that's why all the Purdue coaches liked his tweet.

Purdue canceled his visit. They are taking multiple RBs in this class. Probably two, however could be three if one can play other positions like Aiden Robbins. They really like a RB from GA and still working on kid committed to OSU from avon

Reactions: DrEss and ChuckJr
When did Brock publically announce he had dates to Purdue and Iowa State announced?

He went to Northwestern. He announced two others.

Sounds like Purdue decided to pursue others.

I can understand Purdue moving on and is targeting different running backs. what I can't understand is all the Purdue coaches liking his tweet that said he canceled his visit.. that just seemed odd.

Reactions: rgarlitz
Purdue canceled his visit. They are taking multiple RBs in this class. Probably two, however could be three if one can play other positions like Aiden Robbins. They really like a RB from GA and still working on kid committed to OSU from avon

Still trying to flip Sampson James?

I can understand Purdue moving on and is targeting different running backs. what I can't understand is all the Purdue coaches liking his tweet that said he canceled his visit.. that just seemed odd.
That is odd. Possibly they all came to an agreement that Purdue may not be the best fit for him? Even if, it is a tad odd.

Reactions: JohnnyDoeBoiler
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT