ADVERTISEMENT

Jahaad Working

Can’t tell if your an ultimate jahaad fanboy or one of his family members

After lifting and attending speed and agility....Constantly working...
Thought I upload some video of some workouts so Boiler Nation can get a glimpse of what is to come.....
#BoilerUp
#Truth
#ThankMeLater
#BeGreat

Hope you meet your goals. I like what I see and even though I don't have all teh angles...it appears you can be the shooter we hope. You may find yourself not having the ball all the time and so add a shot fake and one and two dribbles both ways to your workout. ;) I see some old school in you and like that. Keep those fakes in a drive a bit of 45 degrees so you are moving the d sideways AND back a bit. Seriously, I appreciate you supplying this and you are about to experience something you have never experienced when Mackey shines the love on you in the greatest place to play a game ever...known to get to 122 decibels during the game! Best wishes...

Fair enough , it’s just been with your other posts that haven’t been quite realistic.

All my posts were realistic....
If your OPINION differs from mine...it is ok....I said what I said based off wayyy more information than you...and you believe what you believe based off of what conference he came from...Its cool....We will see what happens....But 1 thing for certain, and 2 things for sure....He can make shots....and at a high rate...
#CantWait
#Truth
#ThankMeLater
#BeGreat

If your OPINION differs from mine...it is ok....I said what I said based off wayyy more information than you...and you believe what you believe based off of what conference he came from...Its cool....We will see what happens....But 1 thing for certain, and 2 things for sure....He can make shots....and at a high rate...
#CantWait
#Truth
#ThankMeLater
#BeGreat
And I’m a boiler fan hoping Jahaad has a great year for Purdue. I just believe tempering expectations is also my opinion and that I’m going to not let my feelings get involved before he’s played at the B1G level.

I’ve never said he can’t play at this level. He just hasn’t proven it yet.

fair enough?

Thanks for the video, looks like he will be the scorer Purdue needs with Carsens departure. He wont have to do as much as Carsen though with the young guys getting better. Looking forward to see what he can do. Is that Lewjack in the red? Haha. Obviously not but that thought came to mind.

Wow, he looks good. Form on his shot looks good. Looks like he will be a lot more than just a catch and shoot player. His stats from last year were pretty impressive too. Pretty good 3 point shooting percentage and really good from the free throw line too. I like his size at 6 foot 3. I think he will fit in nicely! If Jahaad can exceed expectations, I think Purdue could be surprising a lot of people next season! Boiler Up! The future looks bright!

Love the way he handles the ball with his fingertips. If that were Lewjack he would been up in his grill Lol. Glad he is a Boiler.

Is Jahaad playing or trying to play any international ball this summer? Just curious given the basketball he is using in his workouts -- looks like a Molten FIBA ball.

So assuming no reason Nojel doesn't start at one of the guard spots again this year, who do we see starting at the other? Jahaad? Hunter? Sasha? Newman?

So assuming no reason Nojel doesn't start at one of the guard spots again this year, who do we see starting at the other? Jahaad? Hunter? Sasha? Newman?
One of the other guards has to be Proctor. The mystery at this point (to me) is who the other wing will be, which will probably be dictated by who plays the 2nd big man (I will avoid defining that position to avoid being told there are no positions in our offense). Wheeler will obviously start but I don't see him defending a wing and I don't see Tre as starting beside Haarms; thus creating a kerfuffle.

Reactions: Schnelk
Thanks for the video, looks like he will be the scorer Purdue needs with Carsens departure. He wont have to do as much as Carsen though with the young guys getting better. Looking forward to see what he can do. Is that Lewjack in the red? Haha. Obviously not but that thought came to mind.
This. This is the key. No one should feel like they have to carry the team next season. There is real talent on this team, and they got great experience. Only 6 teams played beyond NCAA Elite Eight regulation time. These guys were among them.

Do people forget we play 3 guard lineups? It’ll most likely be:

-Nojel
-Proctor
-Sasha

Hunter could be in one of those 2 other spots. Hard to tell yet. Or Newman. Who knows.

-Nojel
-Proctor
-Sasha

Hunter could be in one of those 2 other spots. Hard to tell yet. Or Newman. Who knows.
so Wheeler at 4 and Tre sitting. Right? Not judging, just clarifying

-Nojel
-Proctor
-Sasha

it’s hard to say who gonna do what how the offense gonna be who gonna start just to many unknowns with a new group of players each player on this team playing for starting spots competition willl bring out the best in each player.

it’s hard to say who gonna do what how the offense gonna be who gonna start just to many unknowns with a new group of players each player on this team playing for starting spots competition willl bring out the best in each player.
Yep. Nojel is the only lock. Will be good to have the competition to make the team better at 1-3.

Reactions: Zaphod_B
Wheeler is the only lock to start at this point.
Nojel has the most minutes played out of the returning players from last year. I think its safe to say he starts. Unless Eric hunter is suddenly a superstar he starts. Isaiah will not start over Nojel. Proctor will provide depth at shooting gaurd.

Reactions: Zaphod_B
Wheeler is the only lock to start at this point.
Nojel is the only lock. Wheeler is close behind him mainly due to lack of depth/experience at the 4 but to say Nojel isn’t with only IT coming in and a shooting guard in EH Who played out of necessity at point , is kinda crazy to say Nojel isn’t a starter barring injury

I think Proctor is a great add for this team. Big Ten ready body while Hunter and Thompson continue to develop physically. I think Eastern, Wheeler and Haarms are locks. Truly believe Newman will be ready and the fifth spot will be a combination of Proctor, Sasha and Hunter. I don't know that Gillis will be ready until the Big Ten so we need some help at the 4 behind Wheeler. Believe we will see more of Haarms and Williams on the court together and actually believe we will see some 4 guard and Haarms combinations.

I think that Hunter takes a spot and becomes one of the stars of this team

Hunter certainly has the ability to be a star. He struggled early on, but you could absolutely see his potential. He certainly will make a jump this year.

Nojel is the only lock. Wheeler is close behind him mainly due to lack of depth/experience at the 4 but to say Nojel isn’t with only IT coming in and a shooting guard in EH Who played out of necessity at point , is kinda crazy to say Nojel isn’t a starter barring injury

I think Nojel and Wheeler are the locks. Nojel is the best defender by far and will look completely different on offense with the majority of the shots from last year leaving in Cline/Carsen.

Wheeler is a lock as well. He was the backup 4 last year and the guy ahead of him is gone. Not to mention, Gillis and Tre are all that is behind him. If Dow/Eb are serviceable in backing up the 5, and Tre continues to slim down to where he can guard the 4, then (and only then), Wheeler will be challenged as a starter. Even then, I think it would be lineup dependent and matchup dependent. I also think Wheeler very easily could lead the team in scoring. I am a little hesitant with hoping this because if he leaves early, Purdue would be hurting the following year. Wheeler is long, athletic, and he can shoot.

Haarms is about as close to a lock as you can get as well. Williams, in theory, could pass him, but Purdue would be better if Williams can play the 4/5 and Williams is the only threat to Haarms as a starter. If Williams can get to where he can play 25-30 minutes every game, Purdue will be scary good.

Who do I expect at the 2-3?

Proctor and Sasha make the most sense to me given what they can do and how they would fit. If Newman is ready, I would say move him over Sasha.

I think Hunter will be the first guard off the bench as he can play 1-3 and I think he will really shine. I would love to see him play with Nojel as he wouldn’t be the primary ball handler and could play off the ball.

I think Purdue is going to “come out of nowhere” again (TIC considering they have been in at least the sweet 16 and at least a 5 seed in the last 3 years). They have way too much talent. But they will have to get the roster figured out again and figure out how to play in their new roles/expectations. I would say another top 3 in the Big and another Sweet 16 is in order. Depending on how they come together, they certainly have the talent to overachieve and make another deep run as well as adding another Big championship.

Nojel has the most minutes played out of the returning players from last year. I think its safe to say he starts. Unless Eric hunter is suddenly a superstar he starts. Isaiah will not start over Nojel. Proctor will provide depth at shooting gaurd.
Wheeler is our only 4. If by some chance we start both Haarms and Tre, then Wheeler would start at the 3. I'd say that makes him a lock.

With the scoring we lost, we need to start as many scoring options as possible. I could see us starting Proctor, Newman, Sasha, Wheeler, and Haarms. That gives us 4 shooters on the court. Proctor was a huge get for us.

#CantWait
#Truth
#ThankMeLater
#BeGreat
Pretty simple drills that I watched. Every kid that plays does them. And a lot of folks can shoot with consistancy. I'll say we got a good one when he shows he can play defense like Nojel!!!!

Last edited:
I think that Matt won't do too many radical things. I think we see Haarms and Williams at the 5, with them changing out who comes off the bench. I think we see Nojel at point, with Hunter backing him up. IT may get time here during blow outs.

Wheeler will start at the 4 position, but we might go small when he is out, rotating Nojel into a point-forward position. When that happens, I think Hunter will be the other guard for ball handling.

The interesting question will be who is the off-guards/small forward. Proctor, Stefanovic, and Newman are all capable of filling that role. It may depend on how fast Proctor can pick up the defense.

The way I see the starters:
Nojel
Haarms-Williams
Wheeler
Proctor
Stefanovic

This upcoming team is clearly Nojel's team. He is the leader.

CMP has a strong track record of high scoring teams combined with great D. I am hopeful all these newbies, Procter included, continue to help Nojel in making his upcoming team being an offensive efficiency powerhouse......it is fun basketball to watch. Procter's experience gives him a great chance to emerge in this.

I think that Matt won't do too many radical things. I think we see Haarms and Williams at the 5, with them changing out who comes off the bench. I think we see Nojel at point, with Hunter backing him up. IT may get time here during blow outs.

Wheeler will start at the 4 position, but we might go small when he is out, rotating Nojel into a point-forward position. When that happens, I think Hunter will be the other guard for ball handling.

The interesting question will be who is the off-guards/small forward. Proctor, Stefanovic, and Newman are all capable of filling that role. It may depend on how fast Proctor can pick up the defense.

The way I see the starters:
Nojel
Haarms-Williams
Wheeler
Proctor
Stefanovic

Why would IT only see notable minutes in blowouts? If that is the case, shirt him. It would be an absolute shame to see him lose a year of eligibility while averaging under 5 minutes a game and only getting the bulk of his time in blowouts.

Why would IT only see notable minutes in blowouts? If that is the case, shirt him. It would be an absolute shame to see him lose a year of eligibility while averaging under 5 minutes a game and only getting the bulk of his time in blowouts.
He likely won't be physically ready for minutes right away. He's shorter and not as strong as even Eric Hunter was coming into last year.

Nojel, Hunter, Proctor, Newman, and Sasha will be able to handle the 1-3 positions. Wheeler, Haarms, Tre, and EB will be able to handle the 4 and 5. I'd be shocked if IT gets 10 min/gm.

Maybe Painter will shirt him and Gillis to get them better prepared for D1 basketball. It would work to their advantage if they are patient enough.

After lifting and attending speed and agility....Constantly working...
Thought I upload some video of some workouts so Boiler Nation can get a glimpse of what is to come.....
#BoilerUp
#Truth
#ThankMeLater
#BeGreat

More workout video of Jahaad preparing for the upcoming season...
FYI-Posting videos for BoilerNation so that they can get a 1st hand look at Jahaad. I've read a lot of different opinions based off of minimal information...so these videos give you a glimpse of Jahaad working out, so you can get a 1st hand look at his shot, his shot making ability, mid range and 3ball, dribbling, etc
No way am I posting videos to pick up enemies, receive shots, or minimize the work of any of his other teammates....
Just want to give BoilerNation a 1st hand look at my son at work before he arrives to campus...
See you Monday BoilerNation...
The journey begins.....

#BoilerUp
#CantWait
#Truth
#BeGreat

FYI-Shout out to Bryan Majors of Major Prep Sports Performance Training...
1 of my former players 11-12 years ago, now playing with the Washington Generals, traveling with the Harlem Globtrotters. Currently training college players and pros. Check him out at MajorPrep.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT