ADVERTISEMENT

IU RB Ellison suspended

Was he any good? Sorry, I don't really follow IU sports except when my son defeats them in track and field.

Reactions: BNIBoiler
In all seriousness, I didn't really know who he was. I only follow Purdue college sports.

That blows for them. Although I would think if he was gone, they would have said dismissed. Hopefully it shakes out for him one way or another. I hate to see these kids leave without degrees (or undrafted)
Side note: is the Indy star blog named "Mind your banners"? Wow, that has to be cringeworthy even for most Iu fans.

Reactions: BBG and rgarlitz
That blows for them. Although I would think if he was gone, they would have said dismissed. Hopefully it shakes out for him one way or another. I hate to see these kids leave without degrees (or undrafted)
Side note: is the Indy star blog named "Mind your banners"? Wow, that has to be cringeworthy even for most Iu fans.

In all seriousness, is a degree from iu really worth all that much anyways?

I think it is just general guidelines for things like this to suspend the player and allow the investigation to shake out. If it doesn't come back 100% clean for the player, no surprise that he would then be removed from the program and university as well. Purdue has gone through similar things with players before (although not domestic violence).

In all seriousness, is a degree from iu really worth all that much anyways?

Yes it is. My wife has a degree from IU and brings home a 6 figure salary and is well respected in her profession. IU has one of the most respected optometry schools in the nation.

I have never understood the bashing that Purdue fans do towards the academic programs of other respective colleges and universities. The facts are that Purdue's academic degree programs are not that much better and are many times worse than the college programs you bash!

Ugh no offense but optometrist start on average at $90,000. I don't think the degree itself is bad from IU but in the situation you describe I don't believe it really means much. They make bank regardless of school attended.

Yes it is. My wife has a degree from IU and brings home a 6 figure salary and is well respected in her profession. IU has one of the most respected optometry schools in the nation.

I have never understood the bashing that Purdue fans do towards the academic programs of other respective colleges and universities. The facts are that Purdue's academic degree programs are not that much better and are many times worse than the college programs you bash!

(sarcasm.....) But, that being said, I'm not going to miss an opportunity take a shot at iu, justified or not.
Every self-respecting Boilermaker should the same.

Ugh no offense but optometrist start on average at $90,000. I don't think the degree itself is bad from IU but in the situation you describe I don't believe it really means much. They make bank regardless of school attended.

There are only a certain number of optometry schools in the nation. And IU's Optometry School ranks as one of the best. IU has many other degree programs that rank among the best in the country, as does Illinois, Michigan, UW, Northwestern, Penn State, Maryland, Rutgers, Ohio State and every other BIG 10 University.

Going to college in the BIG 10 is more than just sports! It's an education you should be proud to receive. When you criticize another BIG ten school's academic programs, you are only displaying your own ignorance.

Reactions: 72Boiler

I’m pretty sure Ellison was not majoring in optometry. Purdue alum of all schools should recognize there are so many BS worthless degrees out there as our president Daniels has made an effort to increase awareness of the need for chasing degrees that enhance careers. There are a LOT of IU alum that are working retail at barely minimum wage.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT