ADVERTISEMENT

IU - Purdue Game Discussion Thread

KentuckyBoiler

All-American
Jul 6, 2011
Hey, I realize there is no game today. However, for a rivalry game that has been played for 100 consecutive years, which includes through World Wars, military conflicts, civil unrest, etc., I thought it deserved a thread.

Reactions: ESalum86
Unfortunately (or maybe fortunately) no Bucket game, but I must say I am really looking forward to watching the Army-Navy game this afternoon.

Hey, I realize there is no game today. However, for a rivalry game that has been played for 100 consecutive years, which includes through World Wars, military conflicts, civil unrest, etc., I thought it deserved a thread.

They would have 2004d us.. fire Diaco and biagi and let’s get a team on the field that can beat Nebraska before they host Minnesota, get the opening kickoff and end up down 10-0..!

Reactions: MilwaukeeBoilerFan
I'm just making up the game in my head - wait, another Purdue touchdown!

What a couple of sports seasons for Purdue. First, we won the Men's Basketball Championship last spring, and now we upset IU to take back the Bucket and put a hamper on their 'magical' season. :D

I'm just making up the game in my head - wait, another Purdue touchdown!

What a couple of sports seasons for Purdue. First, we won the Men's Basketball Championship last spring, and now we upset IU to take back the Bucket and put a hamper on their 'magical' season. :D
Several possible neuropsychiatric disorders and psycho-behavioral symptoms are associated with post bariatric surgery. You are displaying possible symptoms here. Please get some help as needed, ogb. Your long-term health may well depend on it.

Reactions: New Pal Boiler
I’m convinced this would have been a really close game that could have gone either way. Purdue beat Iowa, was on the verge against Northwestern, and rightly beat Minnesota. And the best team IU beat is about to finish the season 2-3.

Reactions: Purdue85
I’m convinced this would have been a really close game that could have gone either way. Purdue beat Iowa, was on the verge against Northwestern, and rightly beat Minnesota. And the best team IU beat is about to finish the season 2-3.
Maybe IU will get the bowl match up they think they have earned. It would be fun to see them get a shot at Clemson..

The Old Oaken Bucket series was the oldest uninterrupted college football traveling trophy series in the Nation; it's a bummer that it's come to an end after 95 straight games.

bucket_day_zps0c5b8cb8.jpg

I'm now wondering which trophy game holds that distinction? Off the top of my head I'd guess Floyd of Rosedale (Iowa-Minnesota), which came into existence in 1935.

The Old Oaken Bucket series was IS the oldest uninterrupted college football traveling trophy series in the Nation; it's a bummer that it's come to an end after 95 straight games.

I'm now wondering which trophy game holds that distinction? Off the top of my head I'd guess Floyd of Rosedale (Iowa-Minnesota), which came into existence in 1935.

IT'S ON!!

Let the celebration begin!

CletusYerk_zpsktgqmekp.jpg

IU_turkey%202_zpsrylnotuq.jpg

The Old Oaken Bucket series was the oldest uninterrupted college football traveling trophy series in the Nation; it's a bummer that it's come to an end after 95 straight games.

Could be Carp....it appears the last time they didn't play predates the trophy - 1930.

floyd-of-rosedale--300x300.jpg

Reactions: Courthouse Carp
Could be Carp....it appears the last time they didn't play predates the trophy - 1930.

floyd-of-rosedale--300x300.jpg

Yes, I checked to see if that series was consecutive games after I posted... so glad to be wondering if it's the 2nd oldest uninterrupted trophy game today!

Here's to HISTORY and TRADITION!!

1924_TD_4_PU2.jpg

2012_Shavers2.jpg

Untitled-3.jpg

You can count on the Big 10 to switch the criteria by which teams are paired for the final games at the last moment. So much for their transparency.

Now, wishing Horvath another excellent game against IU contributing to the Purdue victory. And perhaps IU could play that as yet unseen walk-on running back that some people were so high on Purdue giving a scholarship to.

• Haha
Reactions: Purdue85
You can count on the Big 10 to switch the criteria by which teams are paired for the final games at the last moment. So much for their transparency.

Now, wishing Horvath another excellent game against IU contributing to the Purdue victory. And perhaps IU could play that as yet unseen walk-on running back that some people were so high on Purdue giving a scholarship to.
Will Karlaftis be available for this game?

While I wish IU was playing Iowa, I am also glad the Bucket Game has a chance to continue the streak of consecutive games. Honestly, I think Purdue (if the game is played) will bring it, and the game will not be decided until deep into the 4th quarter.

That being said, here's hoping I am wrong and it is 42-7 IU after the third.

Hope they play - hope nobody gets injured, and may the best team win.

Last edited:
Reactions: Inspector100
While I wish IU was playing Iowa, I am also glad the Bucket Game has a chance to continue the streak of continued games. Honestly, I think Purdue ) if the game is played) will bring it, and the game will not be decided until deep into the 4th quarter.

That being said, here's hoping I am wrong and it is 42-7 IU after the third.

Hope they play - hope nobody gets injured, and may the best team win.
If Purdues special teams dont play any better than they did vs.Rutgers and Nebraska,it may be 42 to 7 after the third.

I'm glad Purdue is playing one more game this season. Brohm and staff have been taking a lot of heat lately so this is a chance to cool it down some. I'm curious how many players may sit out this game?

Well, I guess this thread will not be able to be used on Friday night after all.

Here is to a better 2021 for everyone than 2020 has been. Everyone has been affected in someway by COVID. I hope everyone is continuing to be safe and healthy!

Reactions: Purdue80
Well at least now I can go to my Grandsons basketball game on Friday night and not have to wonder how the Bucket game is going.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT