ADVERTISEMENT

IU Grad Transfer QB quits

arcb102000

All-American
Aug 27, 2006
The grad transfer from Arizona, Dawkins, has left the IU program. This had been rumored for a few days and evidently the rumor was true.

With Ramsey as the starting QB, the true freshman (Penix) is the backup QB. If anything happens to Ramsey (not wishing for that) then they could be in real trouble. Add to that the suspension of the running back and things are not going well in Btown.

Could this put Allen firmly on the hot seat?

The grad transfer from Arizona, Dawkins, has left the IU program. This had been rumored for a few days and evidently the rumor was true.

With Ramsey as the starting QB, the true freshman (Penix) is the backup QB. If anything happens to Ramsey (not wishing for that) then they could be in real trouble. Add to that the suspension of the running back and things are not going well in Btown.

Yeah, both of their fans will be really PO's about this development.

Oh no, cancel the season!

My grandson a 2nd. year student at IU texted that when they found out there where frats in his house that pissed the bed. He wouldn`t say if he did!!

RB is a position of depth, dont worry that the active career leader in yards has about 400. They really like moving Reese Taylor, currently a DB but was a HS QB (Mr football of Indiana last year?), to 3rd string QB. Why wouldn't you want 2 true freshman QBs in the top 3?

Hausta, I would not like two freshman QBs in the top 3 because in that position experience is critical; more so than at other positions

Last edited:
Hey they still will win 8 games in spite of the meanies at the B1G placing them in the NFL!

So you are saying it’s a bad thing that a RS FR and a true FR beat out a PAC12 5th year Sr starter and the starter left the team? It clearly hurts the depth at qb, but makes me feel better about the guys that beat him out.

So you are saying it’s a bad thing that a RS FR and a true FR beat out a PAC12 5th year Sr starter and the starter left the team? It clearly hurts the depth at qb, but makes me feel better about the guys that beat him out.
Yes, it's bad. The inference that your freshman guys are OMG awesome might need a bit of correction. It's quite possible the grad transfer wasn't very good or motivated. Either way it was a complete whiff at a position of need.

I think it’s a bad thing that your only QB’s are a guy who only has one year of experience and a freshman. Not the kind of depth you want at QB.

Sounds a little like the coach will be wearing a turtleneck by the end of the season.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT