ADVERTISEMENT

@IU game should be forced to move to Indy.

Raynman92

All-American
Gold Member
Jun 19, 2001
Assembly Hall is flat out dangerous. Is it going to take someone getting killed for them to address this reoccurring concern? At some point they should be taken to task on shit falling from the ceilings. Hard hats shouldn’t be required to play or attend basketball games. Just a matter of time.

Assembly Hall is flat out dangerous. Is it going to take someone getting killed for them to address this reoccurring concern? At some point they should be taken to task on shit falling from the ceilings. Hard hats shouldn’t be required to play or attend basketball games. Just a matter of time.
Even at Pendleton they keep the misfits farther away from the floor during basketball games.

• Haha
Reactions: Schnelk
You guys sound physically frightened in this thread. We are the Candy-stripes, and y’all are the can… ahhh, never mind.

Good luck in the game this weekend—here’s to an injury free contest between two good teams.

Last edited:
You guys sound physically frightened in this thread. We are the Candy-stripes, and y’all are the can… ahhh, never mind.

Good luck in the game this weekend—here’s to an injury free contest between two good teams.
You do know???? that several Purdue fans slipped on the goose $hit before the football game and were injured don't you? Purdue has other games after Saturday to play

Well one great team and a good team in iu.

That iu team would need to play "above their rasin" to have a chance. But iu and their high paid team just might do it.....as no doubt donors are ponying up promises of more NIL for a victory over the #1 Boilers? Lol.

I'm actually looking forward to it. I'd even rather play there over neutral Gainbridge where we always shoot like $hit, or anything called a fieldhouse for that matter.

It's weird but Purdue actually seems to relish playing in hostile environments this year and tends to even shoot a little better than at home. That said, I fully expect it to be a heated and close game. It seems like it always is.

But basically, there is no reason to be frightened. Losing @IU isn't going to derail this train or going to jeopardize a very doable and realistic regular season goal now which should be to finish strong enough to get a 1 seed in tourny... the Big 10 season title will come with that.

We are not very good Gainbridge. I think this team would fair better playing at Assembly Hall assuming no one gets hit from falling objects.

Reactions: RossMackey
I'm actually looking forward to it. I'd even rather play there over neutral Gainbridge where we always shoot like $hit, or anything called a fieldhouse for that matter.

It's weird but Purdue actually seems to relish playing in hostile environments this year and tends to even shoot a little better than at home. That said, I fully expect it to be a heated and close game. It seems like it always is.

But basically, there is no reason to be frightened. Losing @IU isn't going to derail this train or going to jeopardize a very doable and realistic regular season goal now which should be to finish strong enough to get a 1 seed in tourny... the Big 10 season title will come with that.
Doubt there is fear other than getting hit in the eye with quarters like Gene's wife and having fans and cheerleaders jump at you while you are shooting like Smooge unsure what they are doing not to mention the damage to the bus with various things thrown. It's a no winner. If you lose, like last year rather than get beat, or even God forbid get beat, then your mental health is at risk as you can feel IQ points slowly draining out of your ears seeking equilibrium “with” the current environment trying to decipher words, when the sender has few teeth and spits his and her chew slowly eroding what little faith you have in humanity.

Then…if Purdue wins as they usually do for the last 100 + years then you have to be more leery of wearing Purdue gear at any fast food stop and people chasing you with a bowl looking for money and that is if you haven’t been already mugged and calling you a smart supremacist and lots of other “ists”

Doubt there is fear other than getting hit in the eye with quarters like Gene's wife and having fans and cheerleaders jump at you while you are shooting like Smooge unsure what they are doing not to mention the damage to the bus with various things thrown. It's a no winner. If you lose, like last year rather than get beat, or even God forbid get beat, then your mental health is at risk as you can feel IQ points slowly draining out of your ears seeking equilibrium “with” the current environment trying to decipher words, when the sender has few teeth and spits his and her chew slowly eroding what little faith you have in humanity.

Then…if Purdue wins as they usually do for the last 100 + years then you have to be more leery of wearing Purdue gear at any fast food stop and people chasing you with a bowl looking for money and that is if you haven’t been already mugged and calling you a smart supremacist and lots of other “ists”
A “smart supremacist”? Tom you crack me up.

Reactions: tjreese

images

Quarter throwing at GK's wife??? What season did this happen?

Quarter throwing at GK's wife??? What season did this happen?
I can't tell you the year...every time I try a search it always brings up the most popular search with whatever string it connects and it is about her death and such. As a side this is a potential huge issue with the net as more mundane things come to the front due to popularity overload because there is no sorting mechanism and anybody and everybody can get on the net and say whatever or search for whatever and since average is just average, you have 50% below average and that is a lot! She got a black eye out of it and it was in the papers long ago and so how long ago did people read papers? ;) . So was the bus getting pelted years ago.

More recently you had a group making fun of Haas' sister at bloomington. I'm sure Prrdue has "some" doing things we wish they wouldn't do, but they are farther from the court and I hope to never see kids making fun of someone whose situation was not a choice.

I think there is some merit to the argument that it could be unsafe. There seems to be some stress/strain failures catastrophic in nature possibly. Just an objective engineering pov

I think there is some merit to the argument that it could be unsafe. There seems to be some stress/strain failures catastrophic in nature possibly. Just an objective engineering pov
Lot of "creep" down there and so those strains have merit

I still do not understand why a technical was not called on the crowd when that guy ran at Moore. That was a blatant attempt to interfere with the play of the game by a crowd member.
They are too close in that cracker box layout. You can't tell me he and she don't have room for his or her spit bottles if they were moved back! Bigger and faster bodies have little room on the side lines.

Reactions: Schnelk
Well years ago they had that rather large woman singing and cleaning up and she has been gone for a while. Apparently nobody knows how to do her job.
That’s Martha the Mop Lady and she’s back in person!

Live and at center court for the Ohio State pre-game.

She’s likely been instructed to leave any goose sh!t and dusty banner dust that’s in front of the Purdue visitor’s bench.

That’s Martha the Mop Lady and she’s back in person!

Live and at center court for the Ohio State pre-game.

She’s likely been instructed to leave any goose sh!t and dusty banner dust that’s in front of the Purdue visitor’s bench.
I knew she was a bit heavy and worried about a heart attack, but she seemed rather happy and so the stress level should have been down. I'm sure the animal science department will appreciate the samples and see if there are any biological signs of flock dementia and such. That saves them from going outside and getting old samples

Word has it that TJD has spent hours this week perfecting his flex in front of a mirror to be ready for showtime

Can you confirm this?

• Haha
Reactions: Schnelk and TX4GB
Word has it that TJD has spent hours this week perfecting his flex in front of a mirror to be ready for showtime

Can you confirm this?
Don't believe that! There is little need to practice that much anymore. Muscle memory set in a LONG time ago. He needs to flex his legs since that is where the power really lies... He should stop around center court and flex his legs to show the power in his legs

Yes: watch out for February indoor goose sh!t this Saturday
there will probably be more people inside ass hall on Saturday than there was for any home football game in "the Rock" this year. Except of course for the Bucket game which was 65% Purdue fans anyway.

this team plays calm, cool and collected, rarely gets rattled. They've already played in some nasty road environments and seem to relish it.
Loyer and Smith are going to get into it with some iu fans and have fun sticking it in their eye.

Can you confirm this?
TJD will get a couple dunks, mean mug and flex for the camera, then have to wipe Edey's balls off his face from the annual "Iu nuts to face" dunk.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT