ADVERTISEMENT

IU dropped to 5th in the country (in others receiving votes)

Has their board melted down yet? Are they calling for Woodson to be fired?

The fact that they are still on the list calls for rings and a banner. But I wouldn't be surprised if the voters are heavily populated with Bloomington and IUStar sportswriters.

Recent quote from TheHoosier.com:

“We easily have as much if not more talent than anyone in the B1G.”
Hmm. I agree that most years, IU has more 5-star players than any other B1G team. That is one of the reasons it has been so fun to own them on the court. But I'll want to hear their take when they don't win the B1G -- or even finish in the top 3 or 4. Are they planning to blame a favorite son, since he has all that talent?

Hmm. I agree that most years, IU has more 5-star players than any other B1G team. That is one of the reasons it has been so fun to own them on the court. But I'll want to hear their take when they don't win the B1G -- or even finish in the top 3 or 4. Are they planning to blame a favorite son, since he has all that talent?

Not even close to true for several years now, you’re probably looking at this through an Indiana (the state)-biased lens…

I know you are being sarcastic but just wait until Purdue loses their first game this year. This board will go nuclear too. The fire Painter.....the sky is falling.....Painter sucks crowd will be out in full force.

Reactions: Level 42
I know you are being sarcastic but just wait until Purdue loses their first game this year. This board will go nuclear too. The fire Painter.....the sky is falling.....Painter sucks crowd will be out in full force.
All IU trolls stirring the pot.

Reactions: IUhaterade
If they are getting votes already, they will probably be in the top twenty by the start of the big, because their schedule is ridiculously easy. They play no one out of conference besides Notre dame and St. John’s .

Reactions: DAG10
IU will be a bit of fools gold given the pathetic pre-conference schedule. I get Matta was brought in to help and get wins, but Geez. SOS will really hurt them more than likely come tourney selection time.
Will be curious how they fair against the upper tier Big Ten teams as that will be the true measuring stick. They could get to 19 wins, but don’t see higher than a 7th place finish which which probably be a 8-9 seed line and ceiling.

IU will be a bit of fools gold given the pathetic pre-conference schedule. I get Matta was brought in to help and get wins, but Geez. SOS will really hurt them more than likely come tourney selection time.
Will be curious how they fair against the upper tier Big Ten teams as that will be the true measuring stick. They could get to 19 wins, but don’t see higher than a 7th place finish which which probably be a 8-9 seed line and ceiling.
At least they will make the dance. That will be pointed to as a sign of progress. However, I do think you are right. The the better record and the tourney invitation may be an indication of weaker scheduling rather than improvements in the team. I also think that many IU fans are over estimating the talent level at IU, and underestimating the talent on other BIG teams.

You guys all know I am a fan of IU basketball, when it doesn’t conflict with Purdue, so I do hope for sincere improvements in their team. I am not sure the three-headed coaching monster will be successful. Thats three big egos that must blend together to keep the team on course. I can foresee the team fracturing around which coach a kid likes or which kid a coach likes. Going to be fun to watch.

Reactions: Zaphod_B

Just looked at their non-con... what the eff is that? Clappy must be doing their scheduling again. They will be what, 9-2 at worst? I can't wait for them to be top 15 come January and then eat sh#t for 2 months and finish 8-12 in-conference.

Tell ya what, I've been watching IU vs Purdue hoops for over 50 years including the entire Knight-Keady era. Archie was a dumb hire by a dumb IU AD, Fred Glass. Woodson was a very good hire by a good AD. Expect our rivalry with Indiana to again attain the lofty stature that was in place for decades. Our games with IU will again be intense matchups between top rivals like Duke-UNC and UK-UL.

Tell ya what, I've been watching IU vs Purdue hoops for over 50 years including the entire Knight-Keady era. Archie was a dumb hire by a dumb IU AD, Fred Glass. Woodson was a very good hire by a good AD. Expect our rivalry with Indiana to again attain the lofty stature that was in place for decades. Our games with IU will again be intense matchups between top rivals like Duke-UNC and UK-UL.
Lol Woodson was atleast the 6th option, so yeah if you say so. The AD knocked it out of the park 🤔 IU should be happy battling Rutgers for 7th place in the conference.

Lol Woodson was atleast the 6th option, so yeah if you say so. The AD knocked it our of the park 🤔 IU should be happy battling Rutgers for 7th place in the conference.

Reactions: BBG
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT