ADVERTISEMENT

IU catches another schedule break

Maybe, maybe not.

Northwestern might be an easier out for Indiana. But, another game against a ~100 RPI team won't do anything to help their case for a higher seed in the NCAA tournament.

Maybe, maybe not.

Northwestern might be an easier out for Indiana. But, another game against a ~100 RPI team won't do anything to help their case for a higher seed in the NCAA tournament.

I see your point. I was just thinking of the exhaustion factor of a hard fought OT game.

Looks like it's Michigan though. Well maybe not. Stepped out of bounds. Hopefully not another OT.

Indiana will undoubtedly get Michigan's best shot tomorrow.

The Wolverines have to think that a win over Indiana would just about put them into the NCAA field. A loss will almost certainly keep them out.

I like that no matter who win between Iowa - Illinois and Indiana - Michigan we will have a little redemption motivation in each game.

Reactions: BBG
Indiana will undoubtedly get Michigan's best shot tomorrow.

The Wolverines have to think that a win over Indiana would just about put them into the NCAA field. A loss will almost certainly keep them out.
Call me crazy, but I think UM wins against IU.

This tourney has little interest for me.. I think for the most part no matter what happens our seeding is already determined based off of how the committee wants teams to match up.

I would much rather this tourney go away and we go back to a balanced schedule... but I know that never will happen.

This tourney has little interest for me.. I think for the most part no matter what happens our seeding is already determined based off of how the committee wants teams to match up.

I would much rather this tourney go away and we go back to a balanced schedule... but I know that never will happen.
Agree with the idea U will win. I think IU has been playing at a high level recently but mostly fueled by emotion and home games (other than the slumping Iowa). That wears off eventually.

I don't think it's totally crazy to think that Michigan could win tomorrow --- even with both programs moving in opposite directions lately.

The Hoosiers might be due for a small let down after completing a very impressive finish to the regular season. Michigan, obviously, is fighting for their tournament lives.

Could be a game if Michigan gets hot from deep.

Okay, I'll call you crazy. No way mich. wins

I think Michigan comes to play tomorrow. They are playing for NCAA life and they have to have been embarrassed by how their first game against IU went. Now if IU is hitting on all cylinders it may not matter how Michigan plays but if not it wouldn't stun me to see Michigan take them down.

Maybe, maybe not.

The brand and network politics will weigh heavily in the NCAA selection committee decision especially with one of their darlings, namely dook, struggling this year. iu will get a highly favorable draw.
There is no innocence in the selection process, its all about the ratings leading to mo' money.

Reactions: tjreese and BBG

I think that the tournament does matter for seeding. I think that Purdue is a 4 now, but could drop to a 5 with a loss to Illinois and could climb to a 3 with a strong tournament. I don't even think that a 2 is completely out of the question if Purdue were to win the whole tournament, especially if it includes wins over IU and MSU.

Yeah playing a hot team you don't matchup with is always better than playing a team that is tanking.
This is an IU thread. Worrying about IU playing a good team that had one OT and Purdue is playing a team that has played 3 games in 3 days.....Yeah, I really see your point.

This is an IU thread. Worrying about IU playing a good team that had one OT and Purdue is playing a team that has played 3 games in 3 days.....Yeah, I really see your point.

Think you for seeking validation (again) on our board.

Reactions: mathboy
My comment was that playing Illinois wasn't necessarily better for Purdue than playing Iowa who has simply crumbled. Yes, it's Illinois third game which should help Purdue. But Iowa is not a deep team either and the opening game the Illini played was against a decimated Minny team that was like a practice with officials. Not that I expect a IU fan to actually understand.

It's really amazing how true your statement is.
Again it was an IU thread. If it makes your day to think any IU fan needs your validation then more power to you. :)
GL today, I hope we meet up tomorrow

Again it was an IU thread. If it makes your day to think any IU fan needs your validation then more power to you. :)
Well you just keep proving the pointo regarding validation and obsession made in this thread.

PSA: Go to lunch early today people! When IU tips at noon, all the pizza delivery people and fry cooks will be absent I am guessing.

Thank you for coming back to the Purdue board (3 times now) for validation.

Oh look another iu troll coming to the PURDUE board to obsess over what we post about.

Don't you guys have a game to worry about?

Maybe they should have worried a little more....wink!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT