ADVERTISEMENT

It's over for Walters. He's done. Zombie HC.

boiledmeconium

Redshirt Freshman
Jan 13, 2013
I tried to give him the benefit of the doubt. But he's just not good. His system is terrible. His coaching is terrible. No game plan. No adjustments. Nothing.

The other team just runs the same play over and over and over with all kinds of success. And Walters changes nothing.

Hats off to @pboiler18 et al for calling it early. I just refused to see it, hoping for the best.

He couldn't see the trees through the forest period. Ur right...zero adjustments...every coach on that staff is god horrible. Maybe running backs coach gets a pass....This is definitely the Hazel era all over. This playing Thienneman 30 yds behind the line of scrimmage is stupid when teams can just run the ball against us...just dumb coaching

Reactions: FLAG HUNTER
The dude really can't evaluate talent....for 2 yrs ...he has not brought in any talent from the portal that has contributed in any significant way. Not one area of our defense is decent..Karloftis at middle linebacker is god slow and makes so many wrong reads...Front 4 is weak and slow...our ends get sucked in constantly and get gashed on every sweep...secondary players can't tackle and angles of pursuit are god awful..

Reactions: FLAG HUNTER
The dude really can't evaluate talent....for 2 yrs ...he has not brought in any talent from the portal that has contributed in any significant way. Not one area of our defense is decent..Karloftis at middle linebacker is god slow and makes so many wrong reads...Front 4 is weak and slow...our ends get sucked in constantly and get gashed on every sweep...secondary players can't tackle and angles of pursuit are god awful..
We need a football General Manager. In charge of all personnel and the coaching staff.

Reactions: DrEss
I tried to give him the benefit of the doubt. But he's just not good. His system is terrible. His coaching is terrible. No game plan. No adjustments. Nothing.

The other team just runs the same play over and over and over with all kinds of success. And Walters changes nothing.

Hats off to @pboiler18 et al for calling it early. I just refused to see it, hoping for the best.
I still blame Bobo for this. Walters was put in a lose to win situation he couldn’t refuse. He wasn’t ready/prepared as a coach to take the job but he has to take it. The payday was way too much for him to turn down and he can literally retire off it if he’s not foolish or greedy. Purdue has to hire a coach with a staff or a strong coaching tree to pull from.

You weren’t scared to look like a jackass all summer stroking his dick tho
The only one stroking was you, getting off after after every failure. I bet you're so satisfied now. Go ahead, rub it in. At least someone gets enjoyment from this. Says a lot about you though. Says a lot.

I told you so! I said every coach we’ve had in the past decade loads up on players at one position. This makes the overall recruiting class rating look awesome. . However it also creates depth issues and weaknesses at other positions. And you can see the results. Other teams are exploiting our weaknesses and depth issues.

Perhaps we didn’t need to stockpile all of those DBs. And should have prioritized the trenches for our elite recruits.

A broken record

In the new cabal, Purdue football's role (and others, too) is to show up, to host, to win a few games now and again, take the money and shut up. The money networks are not interested in most schools, just certain ones. They'd have apoplexy if all of a sudden there were lots of "Purdues" that all got real good and the Ohio State's et al of the world all sucked. Our AD is paid very well to play along.

Reactions: Boiler8285
In the new cabal, Purdue football's role (and others, too) is to show up, to host, to win a few games now and again, take the money and shut up. The money networks are not interested in most schools, just certain ones. They'd have apoplexy if all of a sudden there were lots of "Purdues" that all got real good and the Ohio State's et al of the world all sucked. Our AD is paid very well to play along.
In this scenario, sooner than later they will cut dead weight out of conferences and consolidate further until the highest value programs are together in one league. So if it is actually as you described it, then Purdue better get its act together fast otherwise it’s going to be relegated into a second tier league with Northwestern and Rutgers.

The only one stroking was you, getting off after after every failure. I bet you're so satisfied now. Go ahead, rub it in. At least someone gets enjoyment from this. Says a lot about you though. Says a lot.
lol.

Of course I revel in it. What, am I going to enjoy the actual play on the field? I thought Walters and crew were bad last year because I have eyes and ears and understand football. He’s not smart and it shows in his teams play every weekend on the field.

I think this is an even worse coaching job than last year.

Yes, I’m right and everybody who ignored what was happening on the field for 12 weeks last year was dead wrong! AND, it’s somehow gotten even worse!

Reactions: Bippus33 and Beorik
All I know is if they keep BW ya can kiss good by to whatever decent recruits coming in! They will bolt! And a handful of players we still have will test the portal out in the off season... I see nothing good happening for next yr,unless they let Walters go!! Have to bite the bullet and eat the cash for all his staff, because it will hurt attendance for next year when ya only see 25k asses in the seats. 3 of our last 4 coaches have been Assts...hence the records speak for themselves. IU and MSU were total dumpster fires last yr, and within one yr hiring a proven coach and staff can turn it around quickly. Bobo has to figure it out quick as to what kind of team we want to put out on the field....meaning it's gonna cost money to hire a proven coach with spending money in the Nil system in today's day and age.

Reactions: Bippus33
lol.

Of course I revel in it. What, am I going to enjoy the actual play on the field? I thought Walters and crew were bad last year because I have eyes and ears and understand football. He’s not smart and it shows in his teams play every weekend on the field.

I think this is an even worse coaching job than last year.

Yes, I’m right and everybody who ignored what was happening on the field for 12 weeks last year was dead wrong! AND, it’s somehow gotten even worse!
You were right. Several posters were right last year for expressing their displeasure and disappointment in clear regression. Some of us were ran off the board for being critical. I hope we can turn it around but I don’t think we will. 3 wins or less (one being an FCS should be an automatic firing. It screams Hazell part 2.

Last year so many posters wanted to blame Brohm, talent, schedule, or anything else besides the coaches. Meanwhile Card who was hand picked by these coaches may be the worst Purdue qb since the pre Tiller years. Burks who was called terrible by our fans last year would be the best wr on this team by light years. All the talent brought in by Walters the last 2 years looks terrible. Harrell who runs an air raid forgot what that is. Walters who was a defensive guru forgot what defense is.

2 recruiting classes into this regime and I believe all the best players were recruited by Brohm still. How do you miss on everyone? Again, I want to be wrong and want to see us progress and win 5ish games, but based in what had happened on the field so far, I don’t see it. 3 or less wins this year and we desperately need to nip this in the bud before we fall all the way back to the Hazell years or worse.

18, your a bully!!!! Your mere observations made all of this come true. Think of all of the tailgate party's that you have ruined!!!!

Ray Liotta Lol GIF

i knew last year he was hazell 2.0. should have been fired after last year. ridiculous that a big ten school like purdue cant hire a proven hc

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT