ADVERTISEMENT

It's a great day to be alive....

Barney Fife:
"Play the game, play the game!" I hate it when you get obtuse!

The Shoplifters....the answer is "Weaver!"

25E4gS.gif

Reactions: PU pit bull
looks good and never had one I don't think. Had some Belguim, but can't remember if it was that or not. Going to Germany in a few months and look forward to some German beer. I'm type 2 diabetic and so I watch the carbs. Just left the doctors office for a shingles shot, physical and to go over my A1C which was worse than last fall and so I'm talking about some of my self medication and such with him and asking him about the amount of glimpiride I take as I'm trying not to tax the pancreas any sooner than I have too adn I get to the point about asking him about some whiskey since it doesn't have the carbs and he says 2 or 3 shots probably wouldn't effect me much and so that was good news.

Now here's the important part. In my physical he says other than being too sweet, my bloodwork is great as usual and since his finger has been hurting due to this cold weather he wasn't going to check my prostrate. I said, "Doc, I don't get it. What does the cold weather have to do with checking my prostrate? He said, I don't care what the others say on Purdue Rivals, You're not near as big an a$$hole as some of them on Purdue Rivals say."

Conversation then turned to what we eat and stuff trying to cut carbs and he talked about another patient that lost 25 pounds and is off a lot of meds now, I said doc, did you hear about Carleton University in Canada and how some students in a work out area thought scales were trigger points and he gave me that look we all do in the shot selection IU takes and said really? I said yes. He exclaimed, "if you don't want to get on the scales don't...buncha pu$$ies! They need to grow a pair."

I love my doctor... :)
Discovered this on a trip to Belgium. Lot's of fine beer there, many low in carbs. As for your type two...try ginseng capsules...but monitor closely and do four on and three off. Your A1C should be great.

Reactions: tjreese
Better now watch too long, you got that big date coming up, don't you?

hqdefault.jpg
For whatever reason in seeing people looking through the window from the outside to a couple my mind went to a scene in Doctor Zhivago. I don't know your taste in movies, but I saw this when it came out in 1965 and was too young to get it and then saw it again a couple of times a year or so ago and was able to appreciate the movie. Essentially a love story about two women and the Russian Revolution. This novel was forbidden in Russia...smuggled to Spain and made into a movie. Here is a little background and the movie can be found on youtube, but see the original 1965...with Julie Cristie :)
a little background if interested...

For whatever reason in seeing people looking through the window from the outside to a couple my mind went to a scene in Doctor Zhivago. I don't know your taste in movies, but I saw this when it came out in 1965 and was too young to get it and then saw it again a couple of times a year or so ago and was able to appreciate the movie. Essentially a love story about two women and the Russian Revolution. This novel was forbidden in Russia...smuggled to Spain and made into a movie. Here is a little background and the movie can be found on youtube, but see the original 1965...with Julie Cristie :)

Grazie, TJ. I've seen pieces of the movie, a classic, but not the whole film from start to finish. Another one on the list.

Grazie, TJ. I've seen pieces of the movie, a classic, but not the whole film from start to finish. Another one on the list.
It has a slow start and is a long movie, but one when finished you just say wow. Pretty scenes...and not just counting Julie Christie :) and the destruction caused by communism all wrapped into a love story in a different fashion. The fact Russia banned it makes it interesting :) keep it on your list

Reactions: BoilerAndy
I too saw it at a young age and it, along with Shawshank Redemption and Little Shop of Horrors are my three favorites.

It has a slow start and is a long movie, but one when finished you just say wow. Pretty scenes...and not just counting Julie Christie :) and the destruction caused by communism all wrapped into a love story in a different fashion. The fact Russia banned it makes it interesting :) keep it on your list

Yes sir!

shampoo-christie-beatty.jpg

ciel-peut-attendre-1978-02-g.jpg

julie-christie-2.jpg

I didn't know Julie Christie was in shampoo. Beautiful blue eyes... I fell in love with Raquel Welch when I was 12 years old in One Million Years B.C. I remember the credits of that movie advertising her as 39-23-33.

I didn't know Julie Christie was in shampoo. Beautiful blue eyes... I fell in love with Raquel Welch when I was 12 years old in One Million Years B.C. I remember the credits of that movie advertising her as 39-23-33.

She was easy to fall in love with! I used have a thing for Angie Dickinson when I was a kid LOL........
dc675064b1f063b3d2833aa8b757cf8f.jpg

Better not watch too long, you got that big date coming up, don't you?

hqdefault.jpg
Andy should have killed Barney for spying on him and Helen with Goober along.Goober was right though about Lydia wasnt he?What a talker!What a personality!What a babe!Her father hated his job,but he worked anyway.Her real life dad is the 102 year old actor Norman Lloyd.

That was an incredible flick,and like many classic films,it is much better on a theater screen than on TV.Two other movies much better on a theater screen are Gone With the Wind and Lawrence of Arabia.The werent made for TV,especially with commercials.

Andy should have killed Barney for spying on him and Helen with Goober along.Goober was right though about Lydia wasnt he?What a talker!What a personality!What a babe!Her father hated his job,but he worked anyway.Her real life dad is the 102 year old actor Norman Lloyd.

Yep, Goober and Lydia were meant for eachother LOL............Andy cast her aside right away............I don't think he liked her "herpes" comment Ha Ha!
Agr4Lydia.jpg

Yep, Goober and Lydia were meant for eachother LOL............Andy cast her aside right away............I don't think he liked her "herpes" comment Ha Ha!
Agr4Lydia.jpg
And she hated the guitar.She couldnt bowl,she had already seen the movie at Mt.Pilot,and she didnt gamble or dance.Snacks laid on her chest,and she got car sick unless she sat near the window.She had to hang her head out the window like a dog.

And she hated the guitar.She couldnt bowl,she had already seen the movie at Mt.Pilot,and she didnt gamble or dance.Snacks laid on her chest,and she got car sick unless she sat near the window.She had to hang her head out the window like a dog.

and she had bad tires....but a nice house.

An excellent film. And it just scratches the surface of the misery brought by the takeover by totalitarian communism.

Don't think she could have said much more, being nauseous with all that candy they ate and all.
Her and Goober ate a five pound box all at once.Yo!Goober learned to say that in the National Guards.He was really multi talented.Goober was a top mechanic,could imitate Cary Grant and Edward G. Robinson,could walk like Chester,and ate 57 pancakes at the county fair with butter and syrup.

An excellent film. And it just scratches the surface of the misery brought by the takeover by totalitarian communism.
My middle sister's boyfriend (financial reasons for not marrying) that live in Sarasota was from Paraguay adn a surgeon down there. When the communists came in he fled for his life and went to New York where he passed newspapers and placed his English book along side his medical books so he could continue to be a doctor. He essentially came over with a wind breaker and had one of those fold down beds you see in a small place. He never went back to maintain his ability to be a surgeon but is a MD in Sarsota today. He left everything in Paraguay (South America)

Reactions: BoilerAndy
My middle sister's boyfriend (financial reasons for not marrying) that live in Sarasota was from Paraguay adn a surgeon down there. When the communists came in he fled for his life and went to New York where he passed newspapers and placed his English book along side his medical books so he could continue to be a doctor. He essentially came over with a wind breaker and had one of those fold down beds you see in a small place. He never went back to maintain his ability to be a surgeon but is a MD in Sarsota today. He left everything in Paraguay (South America)
when I was a kid and was always into music, M. Phillips was one of my faves.

michelle-phillips-gallery.jpg

Her and Goober ate a five pound box all at once.Yo!Goober learned to say that in the National Guards.He was really multi talented.Goober was a top mechanic,could imitate Cary Grant and Edward G. Robinson,could walk like Chester,and ate 57 pancakes at the county fair with butter and syrup.

Yep....and verified by the "Fun Girls!"

"Judy, Judy, Judy, Judy,....Judy!"

giphy.gif

True story. About 20 years ago (before kids) my wife and I rented Dr. Zhivago on a recommendation. This was back in the VHS days and the movie was two tapes long. I made a mistake and put in part two first. We watched the first tape and then switched over to side one. With about 45 min left in the film I looked at my wife and said "I just don't get it" She felt the same. Never did end up seeing it.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT