ADVERTISEMENT

IT WILL BE A LONG SEASON!

Oct 30, 2010
It's obvious that the Purdue coaching staff knows nothing about defense, even though the so-called head coach is suppose to be a defensive expert. What he really was, was a DEI hire, which is
not the key to success in college football.

Looking at the rest of the schedule, Purdue will be fortunate to win 2 more games, unless they learn something about defense!

I think we are looking at a 3 win season. I had thought this could be the upset game.

What I witnessed was the most inept play in every position of the game that I have ever seen at any level of sports.

The offense might as well have not taken the field and let the defense play the entire game.

I think we are looking at a 3 win season. I had thought this could be the upset game.

What I witnessed was the most inept play in every position of the game that I have ever seen at any level of sports.

The offense might as well have not taken the field and let the defense play the entire game.
The problem is that the defense didn't play defense. The ND line gave a classic display of run blocking, and what I could not understand is why didn't Purdue move their linebackers up closer to the line. The ND runners were 6 yards down field before anyone from Purdue even touched them!

We need to get some OL and DL recruits and transfers. We just got demolished in the trenches. Walter’s keeps going after secondary players. As yesterday showed, this looked like every Wisconsin game over the last 20 years.

too many arm tackles. sad when nd was just trying to run out the clock before half and they literally walked into the end zone with no one offering a defense. hard to explain what card was trying to do changing hands and giving the ball to a nd defender? pick six or fumble? horrible play from O and D not to mention a coach in way over his head

Perhaps it's time to start benching players on both sides of the ball when they're not producing, that might be a kick in the pants to have some real effort and be productive. You can't just stand around while the opponents are crushing you. And that also speaks for the lack of the coaches being able to scheme productive things and adapt to the game.

too many arm tackles. sad when nd was just trying to run out the clock before half and they literally walked into the end zone with no one offering a defense. hard to explain what card was trying to do changing hands and giving the ball to a nd defender? pick six or fumble? horrible play from O and D not to mention a coach in way over his head
reminded me of when we had Haze vs Iowa at homecoming, we scored to make it 24 -14 or 24 - 7 , then Iowa gets the ball back w/ like a minute before half and they just ran the fullback up the middle to run the clock out basically and it went for a 75 yd TD and I wrote on here that's the nail in the coffin for Haze

Last edited:
The problem is that the defense didn't play defense. The ND line gave a classic display of run blocking, and what I could not understand is why didn't Purdue move their linebackers up closer to the line. The ND runners were 6 yards down field before anyone from Purdue even touched them!
I think my point might have been lost: The offense did nothing to keep the defense off the field. Nobody on this team played anything the way they are supposed to, except the punter.

It's obvious that the Purdue coaching staff knows nothing about defense, even though the so-called head coach is suppose to be a defensive expert. What he really was, was a DEI hire, which is

Looking at the rest of the schedule, Purdue will be fortunate to win 2 more games, unless they learn something about defense!
Walters had a bad game and may turn out to be a bad coach. I'm not optimistic. But calling it a DEI hire is offensive to the many black coaches who are thriving in the NCAA and NFL.

Uh oh! Here we go with this DEI hire BS. I knew someone was going to bring that up eventually.

Walters had a bad game and may turn out to be a bad coach. I'm not optimistic. But calling it a DEI hire is offensive to the many black coaches who are thriving in the NCAA and NFL.
Agree, calling it a DEI hire is .. silly. Bad hire? Sure seems so. We took a chance on a young coach and seemingly swung and missed. Thats it.

Stop with the DEI stuff. Criticize Bobinski all you want for hiring a young defensive coordinator with no head coaching experience, but there’s no proof DEI had any impact on his decision.

Uh oh! Here we go with this DEI hire BS. I knew someone was going to bring that up eventually.
Adam Herbert supposedly mandating Greenspan hire Kelvin Sampson is the closest thing to a DEI hire I’ve ever heard of.

And Sampson is a damn good coach. Just a huge scumbag of a person with no character or ethics.

Reactions: 4IUSox2
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT