ADVERTISEMENT

It Is The Old Oaken Bucket Game This Week. What Happens On Saturday?

For the first time in many years I won't know til long after it ends. Not listening, watching, or recording. I'm done with Boiler football for the year.
I am going to watch. Not expecting a victory but winning this game is the only thing that can heal the pain created during the last few weeks. If it happens, I need the joy first hand and so do the players need me.

Are you nuts? You people ain't coming south and taking jack shit from Indiana Football. Damn

"Indiana Football".....that's an oxymoron. You have one lucky season and you act like you belong in the same sentence as Alabama and ND.

"Indiana Football".....that's an oxymoron. You have one lucky season and you act like you belong in the same sentence as Alabama and ND.

They're 14-6 over the last 20 games. Not sure that quantifies as one lucky season.

Getting this thread back on track, it would be the most 2020 thing ever for us to find some way to win this game.

but if the last few weeks are a guide, I’ll guess the offense scores 28 and the loosiers offense 21. But special teams gaffes (and/or outrageously awful calls against Purdue) gift wrap at least 14 points to the bad guys and we manage to snatch another L from the jaws of victory.

Reactions: Level 42
This game will be like the one 2008 game (62-10) only IU will win. I have tried like most to be optimistic each week only to be severely disappointed. IU has a better coaching staff and their lines are much better. We have so much talent and the coaching staff is wasting it.

Reactions: Bippus33
Loosiers, Gloomington, Geese.......

A template?
Yes, terms from a style template we use to ensure consistency when you goosepoopers (another one) spread your droppings (another one) on this board as you obsessively seek our approval.

POTFH (another one), clownpantsnation (another one)

It is rivalry week. It is the Old Oaken Bucket game. How do we do against our rivals the Hoosiers on Saturday? Do we get the Bucket back?
Well, let's just say I will place the over/under on the number of points IU scores at 54.5. That is, if they only decide to run the ball. Not sure our guys even know how to get up for this game.

Is Moore hurting? He didn't look like he had the burst against NU that he had the previous week. He still is an absolute stud and is hard to cover.

Yeah, one of the local sports journalists, I forget which one but wanna say Mike Carmin, said Moore hasn't looked the same since returning against Minnesota, and I don't recall him he having an explosive play this year. Looking at the stats, his longest run play is only 11 yards in 3 games. He had reinjured himself earlier in the season, so not sure if it's injury related or if he still has some rust from not practicing nor playing many games.

If I remember correctly, Wan'Dale lost a step or two at the end of last season from his workload and hits sustained from being the primary RB. (after M. Washington was dismissed from the team) Seems like Wan'Dale is being used better this year with more depth at RB.

For Purdue's offense, I would have liked to have seen Doerue get the ball more in the Nebraska game instead of only 3 carries and the 1 TD catch.

This game will be like the one 2008 game (62-10) only IU will win. I have tried like most to be optimistic each week only to be severely disappointed. IU has a better coaching staff and their lines are much better. We have so much talent and the coaching staff is wasting it.
I think IU will win but 62 to 10?Seriously?If Purdue cleans up their special teams errors,they can make a game of it.Indiana is good but they havent beaten any team real badly.

And they still have not beat a team with a winning record.
Yes, terms from a style template we use to ensure consistency when you goosepoopers (another one) spread your droppings (another one) on this board as you obsessively seek our approval.

POTFH (another one), clownpantsnation (another one)

Well, you are (at the very least) consistent.

And your approval means absolutely nothing to me.

That is what you clownpantzers consistently say despite spending so much time on this forum.

Spending time on other team's forum doesn't mean anything other than entertaining oneself. I know our team is playing well and building for the future. Why on earth would I care about an approval from Purdue fans (even the nice ones)?

Very very possible. IU has relied on so much blitzing & zone coverage this year, I'm not sure they'll get away with that with Moore/Bell/Wright.

Have to rush Plummer. He's a one trick pony, doesn't go through his progressions well. Holds the ball too long and isn't accurate under pressure. IU has done a great job all year of disguising coverage and dialing up blitzes. Get to Plummer early and often and it will be a long, long day.

Reactions: Bippus33
Have to rush Plummer. He's a one trick pony, doesn't go through his progressions well. Holds the ball too long and isn't accurate under pressure. IU has done a great job all year of disguising coverage and dialing up blitzes. Get to Plummer early and often and it will be a long, long day.

One trick pony? I think you’ve got the wrong QB.

Very very possible. IU has relied on so much blitzing & zone coverage this year, I'm not sure they'll get away with that with Moore/Bell/Wright.
But the IU Blitz is getting home more times than not and IU`s offense doesn't abandon the run game to throw the ball. Stevie Scott early and often as Purdue has not stopped or slowed anyone other than NW in the running game.
Then Blip...over the top.

never seen an IU football player in clown pants. Now as for train tracks on the helmet......

source.gif

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT