ADVERTISEMENT

It Is The Old Oaken Bucket Game This Week. What Happens On Saturday?

KentuckyBoiler

All-American
Jul 6, 2011
It is rivalry week. It is the Old Oaken Bucket game. How do we do against our rivals the Hoosiers on Saturday? Do we get the Bucket back?

Are you nuts? You people ain't coming south and taking jack shit from Indiana Football. Damn

You can throw the records out the window. The game will be a close game going into the 4th quarter. Those predicting a blowout by IU are forgetting the past.

Reactions: TMFT
Quite honestly if Purdue doesn't make the costly errors, with the playmakers they have, they certainly have more than a chance. Im also expecting a huge day from Moore. Some Boiler greats have had career days going against IU for the last time.

In addition, J. Brohm is good for at least 1 win against a top 25 team each year.

Last edited:
For the first time in many years I won't know til long after it ends. Not listening, watching, or recording. I'm done with Boiler football for the year.

Reactions: NVboiler
Are you nuts? You people ain't coming south and taking jack shit from Indiana Football. Damn
A well thought out and formulated response from a guy who wears clown pants.

Be careful where you sit if you attend. Coach Geese has not flown south yet, sadly.

I like Purdue to be in the game. Realistically, I wouldn’t bet Purdue to win, but I’m betting Thr Boilers to cover the spread. We have a punchers chance with 2 really good WR’s. It’s a rivalry game and we are going to be fired up!

For the first time in many years I won't know til long after it ends. Not listening, watching, or recording. I'm done with Boiler football for the year.
Come on, man, Boiler UP. Those are still our lads through thick or thin.

Reactions: Ederlos
IU has alot better defense than Purdue. That's gonna be the difference.
I don't follow IU, and the last time I saw them play was in the bucket game last year - and the defense seemed pretty porous with Horvath getting big chunks throughout the game. That was one thing I factored into my 10-second preseason prediction that iu would be 2-6. What has been the difference this year that has made the defense so much better (beyond several teams in the B10 east being about as bad as I can ever remember).

Reactions: TMFT
Quite honestly if Purdue doesn't make the costly errors, with the playmakers they have, they certainly have more than a chance. Im also expecting a huge day from Moore. Some Boiler greats have had career days going against IU for the last time.

In addition, J. Brohm is good for at least 1 win against a top 25 team each year.

Well we beat Iowa and they are solidly in the top 25 now

It is rivalry week. It is the Old Oaken Bucket game. How do we do against our rivals the Hoosiers on Saturday? Do we get the Bucket back?
You will see Stevie Scott rush for almost 150 yds. And score 3 TDs. You will see the IU backup QB throw for 300 yds. And 3 TDs. IU will get a pick 6 for a TD and return a punt for a TD. Purdue will have almost 200 yds. In personal foul
Penalties. Purdue hasn’t had an ass ripping from IU in a long time. Hang onto your hat. Here it comes.

You will see Stevie Scott rush for almost 150 yds. And score 3 TDs. You will see the IU backup QB throw for 300 yds. And 3 TDs. IU will get a pick 6 for a TD and return a punt for a TD. Purdue will have almost 200 yds. In personal foul
Penalties. Purdue hasn’t had an ass ripping from IU in a long time. Hang onto your hat. Here it comes.
You sound like you are extra reloaded tonight. It must be the Love Coach affect.

Any predictions about the sociopath at tight end? (that is, for the game, not during the offseason)

You sound like you are extra reloaded tonight. It must be the Love Coach affect.

Any predictions about the sociopath at tight end? (that is, for the game, not during the offseason)
No but I do know the opt out players are headed for the scab portal if not there already

Come on, man, Boiler UP. Those are still our lads through thick or thin.
Have followed the Boilers since 64. Spent from 70-90 around campus in fits and starts to get two degrees. I've put in the time to know when it's time for me to move on for the year. Not going watch because right now it feels like some Hope/Hazzell endings. I have hope for next year but that hope will have a very short fuse attached to it. Painter has earned plenty of fuse. Brohm has not. The fire that he displayed in years one and two is nonexistent at this point.

Have followed the Boilers since 64. Spent from 70-90 around campus in fits and starts to get two degrees. I've put in the time to know when it's time for me to move on for the year. Not going watch because right now it feels like some Hope/Hazzell endings. I have hope for next year but that hope will have a very short fuse attached to it. Painter has earned plenty of fuse. Brohm has not. The fire that he displayed in years one and two is nonexistent at this point.
But those are still our lads and many of them are still playing hard.

Lucky for you, btn will probably have a replay so you can watch the upset.

I tolerate your B.S. but you need to stop.A pick six and a punt return for a Hoosier score?And the IU offense score six or more touchdowns?You are one strange Purdue fan.While IU should win,you are way over the top.Almost 200 yards in personal fouls?Please.O,and are you still a Cowboy fan?If so,you need to be ripping on those overpaid,over rated bunch of sorry losers! Be glad the plowboys dont play Green Bay this season.Americas team(yah,Right) would get stomped.

Last edited:
I expect a 1 score because that's how the OOB is more often than not. No reason to think this year will be any different.

I’ve watched a ton of college football over the years from the good to the bad and the ugly. This Hoosier team is the real deal and they have the resume to prove it.

Reactions: jhallatt25
74-42-6. POTFH. We suck but never as bad as the loosiers. We’re going to lose Saturday but we’re still winning because we don’t reside in gloomington with the geese. We’ve lost no more than 4 in a row and that’s only been twice, once in the 1940’s and once with the loser hazel. Go Boilers. Brohm needs to turn it around fast which I have no hope of but still Boiler Up!

As IU fan..You're right..Throw out the records
Probably closer than most think..
Unless ..And this is big..
The Boliers have quit on Brohm..Seems there's some disinterest in what Coach Brohm is selling in West Lafayette ...

74-42-6. POTFH. We suck but never as bad as the loosiers. We’re going to lose Saturday but we’re still winning because we don’t reside in gloomington with the geese. We’ve lost no more than 4 in a row and that’s only been twice, once in the 1940’s and once with the loser hazel. Go Boilers. Brohm needs to turn it around fast which I have no hope of but still Boiler Up!

Loosiers, Gloomington, Geese.......

A template?

Hope for a good contest. IU is on the love train and we likely won’t de-rail it. IU 38 PU 28.
Keeping it real from what I’ve seen so far.
Upsets happen, yet after our slump, I’d be surprised we’d have the mindset to play a full game close to error free to keep us in it.

Is Moore hurting? He didn't look like he had the burst against NU that he had the previous week. He still is an absolute stud and is hard to cover.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT