ADVERTISEMENT

It appears IU was looking ahead to their Super Bowl.

Right. So the "building" is well and over with... Like years ago.
Then I'm confused as to your point about seniors. Teams withOUT seniors would be more likely to be "rebuilding." And your claim is that Purdue was not rebuilding this season.

Reactions: Do Dah Day
Then I'm confused as to your point about seniors. Teams withOUT seniors would be more likely to be "rebuilding." And your claim is that Purdue was not rebuilding this season.
This was 100% a rebuilding year with what we lost. Thus, the lack of ranking to begin the year. The announcers are always talking about this the uncertainty of the freshman and lack of seniors was the concern coming into the year.

This IU fan has zero clue what he is talking about.

Not necessarily because Purdue isn't loaded down with freshman either. Instead, just right in between.

This was 100% a rebuilding year with what we lost. Thus, the lack of ranking to begin the year. The announcers are always talking about this the uncertainty of the freshman and lack of seniors was the concern coming into the year.

This IU fan has zero clue what he is talking about.
The Ignore button is a beautiful thing.

I remember Langford having a pretty rough game during his first visit to Mackey. In fact, he quit about 5 minutes into the 2nd half because he was getting physically manhandled, wasn't getting any star treatment and AJ Hammonds kept swatting his shots. The dude quit.
AJ Hammons graduated Purdue 2 years before Langford ever stepped foot on IU's campus.

AJ Hammons graduated Purdue 2 years before Langford ever stepped foot on IU's campus.
I stand corrected, it was Nojel Eastern who took Langfords lunch money and made him quit.

Who was it then that Hammons kept swatting? He had like 8 blocks in the iu game at Mackey.

I remember Langford having a pretty rough game during his first visit to Mackey. In fact, he quit about 5 minutes into the 2nd half because he was getting physically manhandled, wasn't getting any star treatment and AJ Hammonds kept swatting his shots. The dude quit.
Think that was 2015 game and perhaps it was Blackmon. AJ had 8 blocks that game.

I stand corrected, it was Nojel Eastern who took Langfords lunch money and made him quit.

Who was it then that Hammons kept swatting? He had like 8 blocks in the iu game at Mackey.
Well considering there wasn't anyone that played who was over 6-7, probably everyone. I think Colin Hartman and Troy Williams shared center duties in that game. Somehow, AJ Hammons only scored 11 points.

But I always said Hammons had the the "Terrence Jones Disease." As in, you never which Hammons was going to show up and what effort he was going to put in and if he'd even be focused on the game.

Reactions: ChoiceBeef
Is it a true rebuilding year if you're #1 and you have how many seniors?
Lol we don’t have any seniors except Jenkins who is a transfer. Our two starting guards are freshman, and we lost NBA talent last year.

Might be better to phrase it as “we are supposed to be in a rebuilding year.” Either way we have blown everyones expectations out of the water.

Conspiracy theories are the best part of the Internet. Unfortunately, it has nothing to do with the government, so it probably won't become true.
I got a kick out of that one.

Is Geronimo supposed to be back for Saturday? Realize he isn’t a big time scoring threat but changes your teams rotation.

I got a kick out of that one.

Is Geronimo supposed to be back for Saturday? Realize he isn’t a big time scoring threat but changes your teams rotation.
I honestly have no clue. Would much rather him be back and starting over Race, but that just ain't gonna happen. I don't give us much of a shot to win anyways so anything under 20 is a win for me.

I honestly have no clue. Would much rather him be back and starting over Race, but that just ain't gonna happen. I don't give us much of a shot to win anyways so anything under 20 is a win for me.
If JHS shoots like he did against OSU and TJD has a game, it should be close. Question remains who else will step up and score. Maybe Kopp actually hits a shot? Don’t think Bates or Galloway are major threats but if they are feeling it, could be game changers.

Personally would be shocked if we win by double digits.

If JHS shoots like he did against OSU and TJD has a game, it should be close. Question remains who else will step up and score. Maybe Kopp actually hits a shot? Don’t think Bates or Galloway are major threats but if they are feeling it, could be game changers.

Personally would be shocked if we win by double digits.
Galloway and Bates can get hot from deep, but I see no reason for them to be open. Purdue has absolutely no reason to double while Edey is in and that's going to be 30+ minutes of the game. TJD will likely get in foul trouble very early, Race will try but will fail to guard him. Reneau will probably get into foul trouble early. It's just a bad matchup.

Galloway and Bates can get hot from deep, but I see no reason for them to be open. Purdue has absolutely no reason to double while Edey is in and that's going to be 30+ minutes of the game. TJD will likely get in foul trouble very early, Race will try but will fail to guard him. Reneau will probably get into foul trouble early. It's just a bad matchup.
I think we go 1on1 on TJD but depending on the play, don’t be surprised if we bring a double to force a turn over or for him to clear out of the post.

I think Galloway knocks down some shots because he always shows up for the Purdue game for some reason.

Reactions: Do Dah Day
I think we go 1on1 on TJD but depending on the play, don’t be surprised if we bring a double to force a turn over or for him to clear out of the post.

I think Galloway knocks down some shots because he always shows up for the Purdue game for some reason.
If Edey is out, I see Purdue doubling. First, Gillis or TKR can't handle TJD 1v1 in the post. But, Indiana is hitting shots and TJD is one of the best passers in the league. I think Painter uses the strategy of "let TJD get his, shut out everyone else." Only way I see them doubling is from the opposite block with another big, doesn't leave shooters open.

If Edey is out, I see Purdue doubling. First, Gillis or TKR can't handle TJD 1v1 in the post. But, Indiana is hitting shots and TJD is one of the best passers in the league. I think Painter uses the strategy of "let TJD get his, shut out everyone else." Only way I see them doubling is from the opposite block with another big, doesn't leave shooters open.
Furst needs to show up in this game, he's been AWOL the last 3. Hate to say it but I had this one and the Terps away as L's, hope I'm wrong

Furst needs to show up in this game, he's been AWOL the last 3. Hate to say it but I had this one and the Terps away as L's, hope I'm wrong
Feel this is a team that he is built to play well against especially with his rebounding on the offensive glass. Needs to be aggressive and find his opportunities.

Reactions: bonefish1
Outside of Edey no one on Purdue is a big time scorer. And it's the same for Indiana. Loyer is the only other guy in double figures right with Smith just under 10?
Again, I don't see this being pretty for Indiana. Bad matchup, Purdue has a ton of confidence. We aren't expected to win anyways but take Purdue and the points if you're betting.

Outside of Edey no one on Purdue is a big time scorer. And it's the same for Indiana. Loyer is the only other guy in double figures right with Smith just under 10?
Again, I don't see this being pretty for Indiana. Bad matchup, Purdue has a ton of confidence. We aren't expected to win anyways but take Purdue and the points if you're betting.
I'm sensing some sandbagging here (which I can appreciate). I think the line will be something like IU +2. It should be a very competitive game -- these games almost always are.

Purdue lost 5 out of the top 6 players from last year and have 1 senior guard transfer than is just now starting to get into a groove offensively a bit due to just rying to fit in. Zach is 50-50 right now and so essentially this whole team could be back with Colvin instead of Jenkins. However, I'm fully aware there are no promises on a future and so Purdue needs to be the best it can since tomorrow is not promised to anyone
Don't forget Waddell, Heide and Berg!

Reactions: tjreese
Don't forget Waddell, Heide and Berg!
I was going to mention Brian specifically in some thread. The last couple of games his "movement" in the game is like night and day from a couple of weeks ago. The visual shows none the the slowness and stiffness shown earlier. I couldn't believe how different in such a short time. Now, will we find a 6'8" player that is smart start to etch out a few more minutes as the season goes on? Heide and Berg who I watch pregame are not forgotten...just not goiing to play this year...

I was going to mention Brian specifically in some thread. The last couple of games his "movement" in the game is like night and day from a couple of weeks ago. The visual shows none the the slowness and stiffness shown earlier. I couldn't believe how different in such a short time. Now, will we find a 6'8" player that is smart start to etch out a few more minutes as the season goes on? Heide and Berg who I watch pregame are not forgotten...just not goiing to play this year...
Sorry, I thought we were discussing next year with the addition of Colvin, a healthy Waddell and Heide.

You didn't go to iu. You can't use "us". It's either them or they. You can't use "we" either.

Reactions: Inspector100
Unfortunately for Waddell, I just don't think his talent level is B10 level. Maybe he gets there in a couple of years and he's probably just happy to be there, but I don't see him making any contributions over the next 2 years.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT