ADVERTISEMENT

Is anyone else tried of Brohm answering questions, but not answering the questions??

I think part of it is his demeanor and the other part is he's just not going to provide a whole lot detail, and I think some of that is protecting his own players. For example with Rondale last year. I think he refrained into providing detail as it could have affected Rondale's draft stock.

I dont listen to all of his interviews, but I have never heard him call out a player or throw anyone under the bus. He could have easily said Payne has to catch those, or Plummer wasn't getting it done. In his answers he tends to side with the players. Listen to how he handled the question about Wright in Mondays presser.

I'm guessing he is a lot more candid and open on the field.

Reactions: Purdue85
Well, all that seems to matter is winning games. Do you see Alabama fans being upset at Nick Saban for acting like a complete @sshat with the media? No.
Agreed. When Brohm starts winning games like Nick Saban, Bobby Knight or Bill Belichick no one will care.

However, you can't disassociate the perception of the head coach with wins and losses at a place like Purdue. To the extreme its like saying nobody cares if we have good players as long as we win, I guess that works if your winning but if your not.......... I don't think Brohm is a bad guy but its pretty clear he's not the media darling he was in his first couple of years. Brohm is the face of the program and if he is perceived by the media, recruits and fans as uninteresting its going to make it harder for Purdue to build a brand and be a consistent winner,

Again, I'm kind of on the fence with Brohm. I think he's fine and he can probably keep us at or near the middle of the pack in the B10. Teams seem to be so close these days that we may at some point have a breakthrough year, win a majority of our close games and go to a good bowl. If Brohm can replicate what Fitzgerald or Ferentz are doing I'd be ecstatic.

Reactions: jimsil13
I don't like it. But I guess it's his prerogative on how he manages the press and fans. Personally, I don't think the way he manages it helps him during tough times like the past two years. If he continued to not win games, it would make it much easier for the fans to turn on him. If he wins, I don't think you're gonna see too many fans complaining.
Honestly, with a 2-1 record and plenty of things to look forward too I don’t want to go down this path at all. And for the record, David Bell’s injury was listed as being an “concussion protocol“. And he made his own statement and then there was subsequently a statement about him being in concussion protocol.

we just play the game in a hostile environment, with lots of fanfare built up and a bunch of players on the injury list.

We did a good job of stopping the run, we had a few things work against us they were our own fault and some “just happened“. But overall I think I was pretty happy that we were still in it late in the game. Boiler-up!

Over the last five years, people can look at my responses and threads, and I have been as big of supporter on Brohm on this board as anyone. I have not joined discussions of Brohm needs to got, Brohm should not be our head coach, etc. This thread will not say anything about this. I just want to see what fans on here say about the way he answers questions without answering questions. I guess the lack of information on David Bell is what finally got me to write this thread.

Let me say I completely understand about HIPAA, giving families privacy on certain information, etc. However, when you have young adults playing in a national stage and in the public eye, you have to give the fans and others some information. We saw a fan favorite go down motionless and unresponsive. There has been no information at all what happened to him, is he going to be ok, etc. I think the Gold & Black Saturday night conversation video did mentioned that David was able to walk around by himself. However, a lot of people don't watch those videos. I don't know about other fans, but for a while I wondered if David could have been partially paralyzed. I am not saying release his entire medical record from Saturday afternoon, but can you give us something?

This is one thing that Brohm seems to be getting worse out each year. We saw the same thing with Rondale Moore in his sophomore year. We went weeks thinking it was his knee. There was never any news ever said about anything going on with him. Everyone just had to speculate I think it finally came out weeks later that it was his hamstring. I had seen some articles the day before the ND game that Trice was not going to play, because he got hurt somehow in practice this week. Well, what happened and how long will he out? No, information was released on this, except that it might be some time before we have Trice back. Again, vague as it can be. I really am surprised that they gave out as much information on Horvath as they did. That is the exception, not the rule.

It is not just injuries that I am referring to with this. It is the same thing when reporters ask just basic questions. I also heard this during the G&B Saturday video where they asked why AOC was brought in. There never seemed to be an explanation to that question from what I heard. Brohm was asked if Plummer was still the starting QB. He answer that question with he was still the number one guy, but we have multiple capable options at QB. Well, you answered the question, but you didn't really answer the question. Does that mean that we are going to start Plummer, play AOC in the second quarter, play Burton in the third and finish up with Alaimo then? It is not like there is not a lot of tape of both Plummer and AOC, so we are not keeping team guessing on our game plan. It really boils down to the fact that he really does not want to answer the questions. However, that is part of the job. You might not like that part of the job, but it is still a part of it.

I really have not seen the vast number of coaches in the pros or colleges be so quiet and elusive on just basic questions. Am I the only one bothered by this consistently and constantly on questions? Am I making it a bigger deal that it really is, and others don't seem to mind? Just curious what other fans on this board feel on this.

I just think it's past time to expect better results from Purdue under Coach Brohm. That was a very mediocre Notre Dame team. They are average or below average on offense, defense and special teams. I'll give you playing in Notre Dame Stadium can probably be intimidating.

But Coach Brohm is paid like an elite top 10 coach. It's time to start expecting some elite results. I'm not saying he should be fired. But the results should and need to be better. Battling a bad Oregon State team to the wire for a win. Blowing out a horrible Connecticut team. Then losing to a mediocre Notre Dame team by two touchdowns is not cutting it. If David Bell is out this weekend I have my doubts that they'll handle Illinois.
When it comes to annual compensation only, IU's Allen ranks ahead of Brohm, according to USA Today reports from November. Brohm makes $4.8 million compared to Allen's $4.9 million.Aug 30, 2021.

You are in no way wrong to expect $5 million in results.

When it comes to annual compensation only, IU's Allen ranks ahead of Brohm, according to USA Today reports from November. Brohm makes $4.8 million compared to Allen's $4.9 million.Aug 30, 2021.

You are in no way wrong to expect $5 million in results.
Les miles. Go away.

Reactions: SIBoiler2
Nobody pays me a dime to coach this football team. If I knew any more or less about what was going on behind the scenes it would have zero outcome on the results on Saturday. If we put an improving team on the field that competes without quitting every game I'll see the results that I hope for. Brohm can say as much or little as he wants to the press and public as long as progress continues on the field.

Reactions: Tommaker
Nobody pays me a dime to coach this football team. If I knew any more or less about what was going on behind the scenes it would have zero outcome on the results on Saturday. If we put an improving team on the field that competes without quitting every game I'll see the results that I hope for. Brohm can say as much or little as he wants to the press and public as long as progress continues on the field.
This. I go to/watch the games. I DON’T watch the pressers. Whoever plays, plays.

Reactions: Tommaker
He has. Now if you were intelligent enough to know that.
Clearly I was telling you to go away. Hence why the sentence was split and the first part was making fun of you for wanting Les Miles. What was that about intelligence again? Run along now simpleton.

Sooooo.... what color are our uniforms this weekend??
I'll say gold helmets, black top, gold pants The standard look for a workmanlike victory, now for the following week, it'll prolly be the black PJ look for PJ's team.

Over the last five years, people can look at my responses and threads, and I have been as big of supporter on Brohm on this board as anyone. I have not joined discussions of Brohm needs to got, Brohm should not be our head coach, etc. This thread will not say anything about this. I just want to see what fans on here say about the way he answers questions without answering questions. I guess the lack of information on David Bell is what finally got me to write this thread.

Let me say I completely understand about HIPAA, giving families privacy on certain information, etc. However, when you have young adults playing in a national stage and in the public eye, you have to give the fans and others some information. We saw a fan favorite go down motionless and unresponsive. There has been no information at all what happened to him, is he going to be ok, etc. I think the Gold & Black Saturday night conversation video did mentioned that David was able to walk around by himself. However, a lot of people don't watch those videos. I don't know about other fans, but for a while I wondered if David could have been partially paralyzed. I am not saying release his entire medical record from Saturday afternoon, but can you give us something?

This is one thing that Brohm seems to be getting worse out each year. We saw the same thing with Rondale Moore in his sophomore year. We went weeks thinking it was his knee. There was never any news ever said about anything going on with him. Everyone just had to speculate I think it finally came out weeks later that it was his hamstring. I had seen some articles the day before the ND game that Trice was not going to play, because he got hurt somehow in practice this week. Well, what happened and how long will he out? No, information was released on this, except that it might be some time before we have Trice back. Again, vague as it can be. I really am surprised that they gave out as much information on Horvath as they did. That is the exception, not the rule.

It is not just injuries that I am referring to with this. It is the same thing when reporters ask just basic questions. I also heard this during the G&B Saturday video where they asked why AOC was brought in. There never seemed to be an explanation to that question from what I heard. Brohm was asked if Plummer was still the starting QB. He answer that question with he was still the number one guy, but we have multiple capable options at QB. Well, you answered the question, but you didn't really answer the question. Does that mean that we are going to start Plummer, play AOC in the second quarter, play Burton in the third and finish up with Alaimo then? It is not like there is not a lot of tape of both Plummer and AOC, so we are not keeping team guessing on our game plan. It really boils down to the fact that he really does not want to answer the questions. However, that is part of the job. You might not like that part of the job, but it is still a part of it.

I really have not seen the vast number of coaches in the pros or colleges be so quiet and elusive on just basic questions. Am I the only one bothered by this consistently and constantly on questions? Am I making it a bigger deal that it really is, and others don't seem to mind? Just curious what other fans on this board feel on this.
Hell yes.
But you can't say anything on here about Brohm without the : Homers : getting pissed.
They like piss poor football and want to give Brohm more time and $$$$$$.

• Haha
Reactions: Purdue85

The biggest problem here Bro, is that this staff is not pinning him to the wall. If I killed someone and the cops asked me if I did it I would say I had nothing against the guy. They are asking questions that don't require a straight answer. And I'm not going to sit here and speculate but I think I know the answer not for edification. This entire website is a revolving door of uncertainty but very predictable. Example: Ask me what 2 plus 2 equals. I could say 4, but then again I could say 4 because maybe I thought you said what was the product. I love these questions:

1. When can we expect ______________ back?
2. Did you have a good week of practice?
3. How well is your team rested?
4. Do you expect crowd noise at their stadium to affect you?
5. Is Iowa as good as you thought they could be?

As Mike Ditka would say......"NOW THAT'S VERY GOOD INVESTIGATIVE REPORTING"

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT