ADVERTISEMENT

Iowa vs. Purdue: Pregame Thoughts & Game Thread

Anyone notice that Bay Area Boiler and BoilerIron are nowhere to be found during this Purdue dump truck? How shocking. Almost like they are only here when Purdue loses. If I didnt know any better, Id say they are, DARE I SAY IT, not Purdue fans at all!

118.png

Reactions: Mgkcbb and Schnelk
This is why I struggle with Painter's decision making on development. You've got a guy with unbelievable talent you're probably going to need later in the year. Get him as many minutes as he can play this game.
Or you can look at who was getting the garbage minutes and infer how playing time may be evolving.

Reactions: Do Dah Day
This is why I struggle with Painter's decision making on development. You've got a guy with unbelievable talent you're probably going to need later in the year. Get him as many minutes as he can play this game.
There is statistical evidence that many injuries are caused by lack of conditioning. Tre is gettting there, but he still tires quickly. another two, probly fine, but would another two really change him? I think CMP has done an amazing job of bringing this group from where they were to where they are. To nitpic Tre tonight, seems a bit .... wait for it ... nit picky

There is statistical evidence that many injuries are caused by lack of conditioning. Tre is gettting there, but he still tires quickly. another two, probly fine, but would another two really change him? I think CMP has done an amazing job of bringing this group from where they were to where they are. To nitpic Tre tonight, seems a bit .... wait for it ... nit picky

Not trying to nitpick. I won't argue Williams. But Grady had 25 minutes, again. Wheeler is clearly out playing him. And we need Wheeler to get development time for later in the year. And next year. You can't really argue this isn't a favoritism thing on Painter's part. Wheeler should be getting a majority of the minutes at the 4 spot at this point.

Reactions: Schnelk and TDisch
Not trying to nitpick. I won't argue Williams. But Grady had 25 minutes, again. Wheeler is clearly out playing him. And we need Wheeler to get development time for later in the year. And next year. You can't really argue this isn't a favoritism thing on Painter's part. Wheeler should be getting a majority of the minutes at the 4 spot at this point.
Yes Wheeler had a great game and probably deserves more minutes when time goes forward but Grady works his ass off and a lot of his effort goes un-noticed on the stat line. Is Wheeler a better overall player than Grady? Yes of course but with the players we have on the roster right now I kinda like Wheeler and Haarms with the 2nd unit because it gives us a boost of energy and scoring punch off the bench!

Reactions: Do Dah Day
Yes Wheeler had a great game and probably deserves more minutes when time goes forward but Grady works his ass off and a lot of his effort goes un-noticed on the stat line. Is Wheeler a better overall player than Grady? Yes of course but with the players we have on the roster right now I kinda like Wheeler and Haarms with the 2nd unit because it gives us a boost of energy and scoring punch off the bench!

Really, i don't see Grady working any harder out there on the court than anyone else on this team. Not to the point where it's a difference maker for the team.

Reactions: Purdue0034
Maybe that's the reason you are a fan (like me), and not a coach? I saw Grady working his butt off throughout the game on both ends of the floor.

So Wheeler doesn't work as hard? That's your reasoning? Hey, if we can get Luce to work harder than everyone else, maybe we should start and play him 25 min per game too, huh?

Reactions: Purdue0034
Really, i don't see Grady working any harder out there on the court than anyone else on this team. Not to the point where it's a difference maker for the team.
ergo, the cliche' rose-colored glasses. One tends to see what supports one's opinions ... academically, it's called confirmation bias.
So Wheeler doesn't work as hard? That's your reasoning? Hey, if we can get Luce to work harder than everyone else, maybe we should start and play him 25 min per game too, huh?
If playing Luce 25 minutes resulted in a 20+ point win over a ranked team ... is that a bad thing? Asking for a friend?.

Reactions: mathboy
ergo, the cliche' rose-colored glasses. One tends to see what supports one's opinions ... academically, it's called confirmation bias.

If playing Luce 25 minutes resulted in a 20+ point win over a ranked team ... is that a bad thing? Asking for a friend?.

We both know that's not happening...

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT