ADVERTISEMENT

Intra squad scrimmage

I really , really want to see what DOW can do this year, but things are not looking good for him right now. Ughhh. These other stats from the youngins, make me smile though!

I can’t wait to see Ivey. I think he will remind us of a mixture of Carsen and Moore and will be a four year starter. That’s high praise and I’m not directly comparing them, but Ivey seems to have solid qualities that both have. The 2020 and 2021 classes are something to be excited for.

Biggest takeaway from me in recap interview was Painter balking at the question of Edey solidifying himself as backup, by basically saying he is doing more than that. Post depth was the number one concern for most with this team, and if Edey is leading the team in rebounding drills and shooting 80% in scrimmages (translates to has touch around rim/dunks everything he can) he could be a pleasant surprise.

He is a Freshman, so I hope fans are patient (lol) as he adjusts to speed if college game, but Haarms and Haas struggled with rebounding early on. Painter saying Edey has been better rebounder than guys like Williams and Gillis show he has some quickness, instincts, and strength the recent 7-footers didn't come in with.

Biggest takeaway from me in recap interview was Painter balking at the question of Edey solidifying himself as backup, by basically saying he is doing more than that. Post depth was the number one concern for most with this team, and if Edey is leading the team in rebounding drills and shooting 80% in scrimmages (translates to has touch around rim/dunks everything he can) he could be a pleasant surprise.

He is a Freshman, so I hope fans are patient (lol) as he adjusts to speed if college game, but Haarms and Haas struggled with rebounding early on. Painter saying Edey has been better rebounder than guys like Williams and Gillis show he has some quickness, instincts, and strength the recent 7-footers didn't come in with.
Agree. That would be huge, especially considering it isn't looking like Dow is going to play.

Reactions: Zaphod_B
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT