ADVERTISEMENT

Indiana Message Boards (Selected Excerpts)

Apr 30, 2015
Corpus Christi, Texas
Well, I was hoping we would win this game going away, but a WIN is a WIN. Especially over IU! Let this be the start of another 9 game win streak over them! I'm beginning to subscribe to the theory that we started the year hot because we didn't have any transfers to integrate into the team and over the course of the season, other teams have caught up with us. IU posters are raving about the bad officiating and how we never get called for any fouls and they lose on last minute shots. WTF? Any way, SUCK IT IU!!!

P.S. I don't think there's any doubt that we have the most hydrated coach in the country. It seems every time the camera focuses on Painter, he's taking another pull on his water bottle!

Sweeping them this year would be hilarious: Painter should resign on the spot if that happens. Ivey should have at least one foot out the door, and the Basketball Gods' March curse on the PUkes can only help IU.

Beat them again!

I'm a perpetual optimist, just the way I'm wired. Let's go get this win, ruin their senior day, and get our NCAA Tournament bid back!!

Piss on the (you all know what word goes here) Boilers, always.

Anyone else think Edey looks like Purdue Pete?

No, Purdue Pete looks much handsomer and smarter.

I know it’s crazy, but I wouldn’t be surprised (at all) if we walked out of there with a win.

Huge, would be Ivey along with several other starters sitting out this game for breaking curfew rules last night....lol

As pitcher Joaquín Andújar once famously said,"There is one word in America that says it all, and that word is, 'You never know.’"

I don’t care where the game is at. We’ve beat them once, we can do it again. A win completely flips the direction of where our season is headed. Get it done.. and POTFB.

We haven't made the tournament in 5 long seasons. The sixth season is sitting on the brink, one game left before postseason play. We have a chance to play our way back into the NCAA Tournament! We have a chance to beat Purdue! We have a chance to watch Porky the Pig over on Purdue's sidelines look hapless as we beat him on his floor! We have a chance to shut up that stupid, worthless chant from their dumb students who couldn't get into IU! We have a chance to FOREVER put a big fat stain on what is one of the best seasons in their sad programs pathetic history! We have a chance to tell @Stlboiler23 for the next ~330 days that we swept their sorry team from that smelly cow town! PISS ON THE BOILERS! BEAT THE DAMN TOILETMAKERS!!!!

While this is true…nothing in our recent history suggests we will win this game. Though the optimist will think, “law of averages says we have to win one of these games at some point, this has to be the game.” Hope springs eternal.

Hey, look on the bright side......the women play a semi final game in the B10 tournament starting at 3:30!

If anyone discovers what overflow magic ESPN is pulling today please post it.

OK, ESPN...... how about you drop some of your stupid commercials..... so you can start the games that you broadcast on time!!!!!!

Hang on. Another 30 minutes of reviews coming with Tenn/Ark.

Get this SEC crap off the TV. I want to see some real Basketball.

Is Mackey so dark so as not to scare the TV audience?

Ivy travels we bail him out!

Has Hunter scored double digits in any game this year?

Hummel is like nails on a chalkboard. He just doesn’t stop talking. It’s hilarious how he just incessantly talks. Nonsense, good point, it doesn’t matter. Jabber jabber. Doesn’t ESPN review and train these guys? It doesn’t help that he seems to work 6 games a week. I guess he gets the biblical one day to rest.

Get Bates out of there... Out hustled and clueless team again...

Gillis turning Race into a lottery pick before our eyes.

Purdue Killer Rob is in!

He really does get in Ivey’s head. Great defender Rob is. Painter was smart to rest Ivey once he saw that taking place.

I’m very comfortable with Ethan Morton shooting as much as he wants. He’d fit in with our roster.

Purdue is pushing like hell underneath!

Purdue bumps relentlessly. Apparently the refs won’t stop them and we can’t either.

Gillis throws the forearm and Stewart retaliates and gets busted.

Predictable. He always falls for Brad Davidson type maneuvers. A microcosm of IU these days.

DUI man still committing crimes: recidivism.

We're going to lose our #1 seed in the NIT with this performance.

I take it back, announcers are so far up Purdue’s ass they can’t smell West Lafayette.

Fife and that clown coach going at it on the bench. Why? Because he’s a clown.

PU doesn't look good today, like the first game this year. This is a winnable game.

Ok, is IU for real or they trying to pull us back in? Are our emotions being played with right now.

I hope TJD goes to the restroom and finds his manhood for the 2nd half. He looked scared to death and lost.

Hopefully the Xanax wears off at half for Trayce. Dude has brought almost nothing.

For your information, I need Xanax.

Can’t wait until this coach K sh*t is over!

Just as I was thinking IU dug a grave too deep to climb out, X leads a comeback for -4 at the half.

Johnson is showing again what Purdue's weakness is - good guard play. It's the same thing that kills them in the NCAA tourney.

Purdue gets a really good guard pick and roll team in the tourney they will be in huge trouble.

We got this. Trust me.

I see the vodka shortage isn't as bad as we thought...

This gets uglier than the fatties in the Painter crew.

Think I’ve officially seen the dumbest play in IU history by Race Thompson. Then Geronimo omg!!

Edey gets away with two fouls on TJD.

Edey with the elbow clear then gets ticky tack put back foul call on cue…lovely.

Omg, what are all these calls! Call it the same way on both teams. It’s not rocket science.

If they’re going to call the touch fouls on us, then maybe call one in Gillis for diving into TJDs legs…

TJD got fouled four times before they call a jump ball.

Did the SEC refs show up at half?

This is their trick. They will call a flurry against IU. Then when the game is out of reach they call some against Purdue so the overall balance looks reasonable in the end. Book it.

They also need to know every foul isn't on the ball...Gillis gets away with so much off the ball shoving it's not funny. And when Parker got the T, Hummel excused Gillis's initial intentional shoulder into Stewart's chest as "just Big 10 basketball."

Can I hear some more about Hummel’s career?

In three years..I've never seen TJD make that 12 footer...Kinda unbelievable..

I suspect Woodson committed to giving him every single imaginable possibility to up his game for a pro contract.

Under 8 timeout and Purdue has 0 defensive fouls this half. Absolutely absurd.

This is a double digit IU lead in a fairly called game.

DUI Man hacked X on that layup attempt: it's Mackey.

Now, we know he was wrongly accused. Just like French Fry Guy!

Purdue fans must love Bo Boroski!

Hard to beat 8 on the floor.

1 point ball game: let's kick their ass. PU is beatable today.

We got this folks!!! They can’t stop screen and roll. Keep going to the well.

Purdue is doing an impression of us today and we really, really need to take advantage. Daaaaamn!

Hunter took 3 steps!

Did he steal that move from Ivey?

Looks like some Jordan rules stuff on Ivey, lol. The coaching staff has decided they want somebody else to beat IU, which is smart. PU goes as Ivey goes.

I said it one other time in a Purdue thread.... If Ivey pulls this "falling to the floor" crap
on every shot he takes.... in the NBA... it won't be because he is doing it.... It will be because
the opposing players will put him there.... if he wants to pull this garbage!!!!!!

XJ is our most important player. He’s been fantastic.

Channeling his inner Yogi, XJ is.

They are going inside to Lurch from now on then once we are packing it in to stop it freaking Ivey will go off.

Parker with the foul on the three. Idiot!

We hit a huge 3 to go up 4 needing a stop then we foul a 3 point shooter. It seems like we are always in shape to win games but make a couple of huge mistakes to stop the momentum.

And there it is. Settling for quick shots that become bricks lead to quick and easy points for PU. It’s shit the bed time for IU. It’s as predictable as the sun rising.

Getting shit beat out of him when refs make no ****ing calls on PU!

2 fouls on PU in second half, lol.

Mackey is the place where shitty Big 10 reffing was born.

Purdue is soft. They've only committed 5 fouls in the game.

Williams traveled, too at the end of the game. Pivot foot slid before he passed to Stefonovic.

Was it written somewhere in the Bible that every team playing against the Hoosiers hits multiple prayer three pointers? Did I miss that day at Sunday school?!!

We have been in this game that was supposed to be a 20+ point blowout. Kudos to Woody and team no matter the outcome.

Wide open 3 for Stewart. brick. IU turns it over on inbounds. Ball game.

One last dagger from this group. Didn’t even get a shot up.

Yep. WTF. Trying to draw a foul on a half court shot.

Why that shot even enters your mind is just amazing.

And we didn’t even need a 3. Let alone a sideways half courter with several seconds left.

You have to make plays at the end, not pray the refs bail you out. The refs will never, ever call a shooting foul from f'ing half court: damn it.

Dumb as a Bag of Mud Covered Bricks. End of game execution has been horrible all year.

I believe Mud Covered Bricks were what everybody but Kopp was putting up from 3 point range today.

Is this Killer Mopp?

8 conference wins. Look back at the predictions.Very very few had us at 8. Most were 11 -12 wins. Rough conference season.

Gutted!!

That’s just depressing.

We have to win the BIG tourney to get into the dance.

No problem!

Good effort I am shocked. Still an NIT team, though, with a loss.

Hoosiers hung with the Toiletmakers. I did not think they would stand a chance in this ball game, I was wrong. I'm ready to eat some crow now....

We got screwed, don’t really care what anyone says. Sure, we could’ve done things better but the refs are one of three actors in a game and they heavily favored Purdue.

Ladies Hoosiers up 8 at the half. Go watch winners play.

I suppose we accept an NIT bid? I don’t see this team winning 3 games in BIG.

Of course. They need the practice.

Everybody knows Lander is better than Ivey. If only Lander could have played, we’d have won. Book it!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News