ADVERTISEMENT

Ind-Ky All-stars

Per NCAA rules the school isn’t supposed to offer any deal or compensation PERIOD. The school is not allowed to have any involvement with paying players (whether that’s actually the case is another story). NIL money comes from the boosters, local businesses, etc.
Right,
Schools aren't allowed to pay anything.
I should have said that boosters, businesses etc. aren't allowed to even offer a deal prior to commitment.

There is no “all league” team in the big ten.
All freshman team?...sounds pretty good to me...how many freshmen averaged double figures for us in the past 20 yrs?....those guys are going to play....we do have a starting spot open at the 3 and 2 talented wings coming in....also got a backup pg that was an all defensive player at his last school....sounds like we got our roster filled up...

Reactions: Boiler Buck
So when we had Ivey and carsen we were not exciting?....2 all league freshman aren't any good?....not understanding....
Let's face it, Johnboiler is pretty much either a troll or a really ignorant basketball fan. My hope is that he is just trolling the board, at least for his sake.

:cool:

Reactions: pboiler18
All freshman team?...sounds pretty good to me...how many freshmen averaged double figures for us in the past 20 yrs?....those guys are going to play....we do have a starting spot open at the 3 and 2 talented wings coming in....also got a backup pg that was an all defensive player at his last school....sounds like we got our roster filled up...
Both of those players were not on the all freshman team.

Per NCAA NIL rules the school isn't supposed to offer any deal or compensation until after the athlete has signed with the school.
At least that's my take.
So any money given up front for a visit would be a violation.
But as we all know the NCAA is really strict about their enforcing their rules, lol.
Hahahaha! I laugh in the face of rules!!!!

Your mom....
You know what, yeah, I do feel better constantly proving painter jock sniffers like you wrong. Then again, you couldn’t find your way out of a wet paper bag if your life depended on it, so it’s not really a fair fight.

I can
To be fair when is the last time we've had a big man anything like him? JJ? Flory was barely born when he was playing. His skills are only going to grow, but he will do better in an up tempo offense that plays to his athletic ability. I would obviously love to have him at Purdue, but if you can't see why he has no desire to play in painters system you are either a fool or kidding yourself.
I can't think of anyone better than Painter that would be better at getting that ball into his hands in the right situations.

You know what, yeah, I do feel better constantly proving painter jock sniffers like you wrong. Then again, you couldn’t find your way out of a wet paper bag if your life depended on it, so it’s not really a fair fight.
So we're preseason top #5 next year and you're already complaining about how painter screwed up the offseason?...congrats on proving us wrong bruh....

Reactions: mathboy
W
Defining what's in the players best interest may be different for different players.

If you're a center and want to be a college All American, come to Purdue. We as fans would define that as success.

If you're goal is to play in the NBA, its probably not the best choice. That may be how many highly ranked recruit would define success.

It's really quite amazing the difference between the success Purdue has had on the court and Painter's ability to get guys in the league.
How highly ranked were painter's centers coming out of high school? If we can't collectively see what Branden and a committed kid can get accomplished, we are headed down the road of disappointment. I have know idea who scored what from centers of past, but in my opinion Zach is a very smart young man and willing to talk. I will wait to see what he has to say. If painter had JJ today, JJ would be doing the same thing he was when he was here.

Name a big who was considered a prime NBA target in high school, came to Purdue, and didn’t make it in the league. I can’t think of any. Even Biggie was pretty low on NBA draft boards as a senior in high school. There’s a reason why Hammons and Haas are not a fit for the NBA and it has everything to do with their inability to guard ball screens. That is not something that any coach was going to change. JJ was great on ball screens but didn’t have the body to deal with NBA physicality, so he has carved out a great career in Europe. Again, that is not something that Painter could change, though he did help JJ get drafted in the first round and get a nice initial contract.

I think that Edey is the best NBA prospect of any Purdue big since Landry. I hope I am right.
Hammons isn't in the NBA because he really didnt care about basketball imo. Too busy with things like organizing mansion parties. The fact that Painter got him engaged enough to get drafted in the NBA with a guaranteed contract was kind of a minor miracle.

Last edited:
You guys do know JB is an IU troll, right? Been doing the same schtick since the 90s on various boards. His objective is simply to make Purdue look bad. With the amount of effort he has put into trolling year after year, he could have focused that energy and built a career in any number of fields. But this seems to be his lifelong hobby. He is not a Purdue fan, I recommend engaging him as such.

Last edited:
Link? Proof of any kind of this statement?

No doubt highly regarded guys are making big bank when coming to a new school. But I've never seen any evidence that any school is paying 6 figures for a visit.

It was from a writer on the other site - can't find it now. They could be wrong, I suppose

So Markus Burton is the real deal.

The news here is Myles Colvin maybe not ready for prime time yet?? Might have to adjust my expectations, kinda thought of him penciled in as the starter @ the 3. Perhaps not?
I find it's best to have no expectations for the freshman and just sit back and enjoy watching their first year development.

Reactions: Boiler Buck
I find it's best to have no expectations for the freshman and just sit back and enjoy watching their first year development.
Did Marcus Burton make the final 14 of usa team?...I know Colvin did....maybe we should raise expectations for next year....

go back to Loosierville.

Ky won both games. Colvin 4 pts, 4 rbs.

This stat line makes more sense in hindsight as his focus was probably with making team USA.

I've always thought Colvin was under the radar with his bloodlines, skill, and elite athleticism combo. I thought the same about Ivey and couldn't figure out why he wasn't in anyone's top 25 with those traits. I know he never really had high exposure, but all you have to do is watch the 3 on 3 highlights and realize there aren't 30 kids in the 2023 class that can shoot off the catch or dribble, AND hammer dunks like that above the rim. I guess that's why these "scouts" are working at rivals or 247 and not in college or the NBA.

Last edited:
Reactions: BoilerDaddy
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT