ADVERTISEMENT

Implications Athletes as University Employees

boiledmeconium

Redshirt Freshman
Jan 13, 2013
With direct payments on the table, it is reasonable to see Athletes as employees of the University. Here are some implications I see...

1. Signing Bonuses paid directly to HS Signees. I'd like to see those returnable to the school if they leave early, like an Early Termination clause in an employment contract. "You want to enter the portal? Sure. But you need to return the $1 million, including taxes, plus 7% interest per annum". It's a double edged sword.

2. Unions, CBA, Strikes. Are these on the table now? Could we see games played entirely by walkons?

3. Salary Caps for competitive balance and integrity? Bahahaha. Integrity.

4. Elimination of the 85 "scholarship" limit. If players are going to get paid, I'd like to see walkons who don't get NIL instead get scholarships.

5. Trades, Cuts, Waiver Wire?

6. Concession stand prices. $27.50 for Nacho Chips. Cheese is $10 extra.

Reactions: Tommaker
With direct payments on the table, it is reasonable to see Athletes as employees of the University. Here are some implications I see...

1. Signing Bonuses paid directly to HS Signees. I'd like to see those returnable to the school if they leave early, like an Early Termination clause in an employment contract. "You want to enter the portal? Sure. But you need to return the $1 million, including taxes, plus 7% interest per annum". It's a double edged sword.

2. Unions, CBA, Strikes. Are these on the table now? Could we see games played entirely by walkons?

3. Salary Caps for competitive balance and integrity? Bahahaha. Integrity.

4. Elimination of the 85 "scholarship" limit. If players are going to get paid, I'd like to see walkons who don't get NIL instead get scholarships.

5. Trades, Cuts, Waiver Wire?

6. Concession stand prices. $27.50 for Nacho Chips. Cheese is $10 extra.
There might be consequences for leaving early, but taxes paid and charging players interest, are universities going to become loan sharks?

$38 nachos? That is some serious inflation,

What they need to do is get people to drink a lot of liquids and charge them to go to use the bathrooms in the stadiums (tic).

Reactions: BoilerJS
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT