ADVERTISEMENT

I'm not too disappointed today.

boiledmeconium

Redshirt Freshman
Jan 13, 2013
MSU came out with the will to win today after getting embarrassed last week.

We played close and didn't give up. We fought to the end. The Spartans just made more plays and plain wanted it more.

We were bound to come down at some point. Let's rattle off another 4 straight wins!

Agree. I recall many on this forum saying we needed to win ONE of the big games (OSU, WIS, MSU, IOWA) a long with both very winnable Minny and IU just to get to s bowl game.

They did that and showed some character in doing so. I think we rebound and take WIS or Iowa (both?) and finish bowl eligible prior to IU game.

Boiler Up!

Glad we put up a fight, but the way we lost and the missed calls were infuriating. I knew we were screwed when we didn't go for the first down and instead opted for the field goal that was ultimately blocked. Got to play to win...screw the tie. Hopefully we are back to our winning ways next week. Looks like our chance at the West title went out the window today with our loss and Northwestern's upset of Wisconsin. If we can win 3 of the last 4, then I still think we have done pretty good. Would love to win out and finish the regular season 8 and 4. But we need to do a little better than today to make that happen.

Yeah, losing on the road is never a show stopper. Even to a middling team like MSU. We can still recover. And our future is much stronger than MSU's.

Reactions: ITSC-Ret
Michigan State football is the Webster's definition of a middling program especially this year. Brohm is 10 times the coach Dantonio is and it won't be long before we school MSU everytime we play them.

Michigan State football is the Webster's definition of a middling program especially this year. Brohm is 10 times the coach Dantonio is and it won't be long before we school MSU everytime we play them.

Dantonio just whooped you guys with a crap ton of injuries and backup QB. 10x the coach? Yikes

Dantonio just whooped you guys with a crap ton of injuries and backup QB. 10x the coach? Yikes
Yeah, Dantonio and the refs whooped us. Make the right call on the targeting hit and Purdue would have won the game. So enjoy the victory, cuz it will be your last football win over Purdue for a very long time!

We played close and didn't give up. We fought to the end. The Spartans just made more plays and plain wanted it more.

We were bound to come down at some point. Let's rattle off another 4 straight wins!

Agreed. Look, in two years this loss would not be easy to take. But this is year two and really, what Brohm high school recruits have hit the field and made an actual impact. There’s Rondale Moore, Cornel Jone, Kenny major and... and.. uh... no one. This team is those three, a handful of good hazell players (blough, bailey, Neal, hopkins, Barron, Knox, herdman, Thieneman, etc) and a bunch of patchwork and bandages.

Keep the coach, keep the recruits (we’ve already done enough to avoid a mass exodus), get to a bowl... and get ready to watch Karlaftis and Hunter in the Nevada backfield all day as Sindelar hooks up with Rice and Wright/Bell show that doubling Moore won’t really work.

Same. Not totally disappointed.

Someone on twitter mentioned that Purdue’s overall talent level is still below where it needs to be.

Believed before the season that 5-7 would be a good season based on talent and schedule. A strong possibility at 6-6 and punchers chance at 7-5 make the overall season that much more enjoyable

Wow, go to bed, get some sleep.

So glad to know you’re not disappointed in losing a game that easily could’ve been won. Purdue is five plays away from 8-0, but stands 4-4 after dropping yet another close one, which essentially dropped us out of the title chase, which was very real before Saturday. But it’s so heartening, if not inspiring, to learn that meconium doesn’t feel crappy.

So glad to know you’re not disappointed in losing a game that easily could’ve been won. Purdue is five plays away from 8-0, but stands 4-4 after dropping yet another close one, which essentially dropped us out of the title chase, which was very real before Saturday. But it’s so heartening, if not inspiring, to learn that meconium doesn’t feel crappy.
We aren’t out of the title race. The West winner will have two losses. Need to win out. And we can.

We aren’t out of the title race. The West winner will have two losses. Need to win out. And we can.

Winning out would be fun and it wouldn't be a reach, but even that would still leave the kitties in command because of their win over us. That's providing they can't handle Iowa and we can. We'd also need an Illini miracle or a major Flake out to vault them. But 8-4 could lead us to a very happy New Year's Day

Reactions: BoilerBulldog
That team beat PSU... In happy Valley. The same PSU that beat Iowa. "easily could've been won" is not what anyone should describe a game against MSU.

I'm sorry you feel so crappy, and that you are bothered that I don't. Have you talked to a health professional yet? There maybe something seriously wrong with you. Good news is, you can get help.

Last edited:
Reactions: BBG
That team beat PSU... In happy Valley. The same PSU that beat Iowa. "easily could've been won" is not what anyone should describe a game against MSU.

I'm sorry you feel so crappy, and that you are bothered that I don't. Have you talked to a health professional yet? There maybe something seriously wrong with you. Good news is, you can get help.

Arizona State has a losing record but beat down Sparty. Northwestern and Michigan both won by double digits. But who's counting? Clearly you don't. Or at least not very well.

But I did say I was happy for you and your state of mind. I'm just glad our team doesn't share your oblivion.

Arizona State has a losing record but beat down Sparty. Northwestern and Michigan both won by double digits. But who's counting? Clearly you don't. Or at least not very well.

But I did say I was happy for you and your state of mind. I'm just glad our team doesn't share your oblivion.
"Oblivion" ? Sounds like a word uttered while in a padded cell.

Akron beat Northwestern. In Evanston. I guess by your "logic" Akron should have crushed MSU by 3 TDs? Answer: No.

"Oblivion" ? Sounds like a word uttered while in a padded cell.

Akron beat Northwestern. In Evanston. I guess by your "logic" Akron should have crushed MSU by 3 TDs? Answer: No.

My logic is head to head reality. Your logic ... well, the moon was full once.

Wait, what? ‘Whooped?’ He must be a complete douche bag, if that’s it ‘whooping’ then you guys are softer than a box of tissues. We beat ourselves in that game, we didn’t bring our passing game with us and a very questionable call not calling the targeting call had you guys showing all kinds of relief when the clock hits zero. Some before you go to Pattette yourselves in the back grab your “junk” and make sure you still have a set on you because your Big Brother in Ann Arbor will gladly remind you during your annual ass kicking what a ‘Whooping’ really is-oh yeah, in case you missed it we ‘Whooped’ O$U

I'm just disappointed in the L because everything was lined up nicely for PU. You can't ask for a much better circumstance going into a road B10 game. I'm not sure whether PU wasn't ready or the fact that MSU just has that good of a D. Blough certainly struggled and throwing a pick on the first series was really, really bad. But, the game was still there for the win had Hopkins not fumbled or our O line blocked on the FG attempt.

I'm just disappointed in the L because everything was lined up nicely for PU. You can't ask for a much better circumstance going into a road B10 game. I'm not sure whether PU wasn't ready or the fact that MSU just has that good of a D. Blough certainly struggled and throwing a pick on the first series was really, really bad. But, the game was still there for the win had Hopkins not fumbled or our O line blocked on the FG attempt.
Yes. Lots of missed opportunities. MSU just made the plays they needed. We were 1st and goal at the 4 and they made the stop (like we did against OSU, 4 times). Big hit on Brycen to jar the ball and the temerity to pluck the ball from the air.

We are not talented enough to not play perfectly on the road against more talented teams like MSU. Not yet, but someday I hope we will be.

Im looking forward to see the team learn their lessons and refocus on a big game against Iowa.

Reactions: WMichBoiler
Yeah, Dantonio and the refs whooped us. Make the right call on the targeting hit and Purdue would have won the game. So enjoy the victory, cuz it will be your last football win over Purdue for a very long time!
Lets see how long your coach is going to be in W. Lafayette. 2 yrs tops.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT