ADVERTISEMENT

I'm going out on a short limb and predict a FF run

for the upcoming PU season. They're better than they were last year, they're deeper than they were last year, and they'll play as a team as last year's team did.

Big 10 championship to go along with it.

Quickness. Size. Multiple scoring options. And get up in your face defense.

Anyone doubt it?
Doubt it ?? Hell, let's make it an NCAA cmpnshp and then sweep the Warriors in four !!!

for the upcoming PU season. They're better than they were last year, they're deeper than they were last year, and they'll play as a team as last year's team did.

Anyone doubt it?
It's probably too early to claim this team is already better and deeper than last year's team.

Anyone doubt it?

TD, I hope that you are right, but there are many variables that go into a FF run and luck as well. Let's just hope for the best.

Anyone doubt it?

I don't know about this but I think they are going to be very good after about the midway point of the season. They will struggle early as they learn to play without Edwards and Cline.

Reactions: mathboy
I will say a FF run is not out of the question. Not sure I would place that much expectation or pressure on the team, but if a few very capable players can fill in the gaps and make a profound improvement in their game, I think they could do it. I really like next years team already. I think we are finally starting to turn the corner on recruiting. I also think Painter is or is close to being the top BB coach in the Big Ten.

Anyone doubt it?
I don’t doubt it I see it happening like I did last season. Multiple players more than likely in double figures more balance scoring and all the other things u said sir I’m totally on board looking at tickets for Atlanta. 7 return with Ncaa Tournament elite 8 experience and win big 10 championship they ready to once again prove all those who doubt them wrong. Them boys been working all off season getting better. I tell u this I’m looking forward to watching these boys ball out.

I will say a FF run is not out of the question. Not sure I would place that much expectation or pressure on the team, but if a few very capable players can fill in the gaps and make a profound improvement in their game, I think they could do it. I really like next years team already. I think we are finally starting to turn the corner on recruiting. I also think Painter is or is close to being the top BB coach in the Big Ten.

what's written on an internet forum places ZERO pressure on the Purdue basketball team. We're just not that important.

Anyone doubt it?
I agree with you. They will make it to Atlanta for the Final 4 in 2020. That is what I am predicting and 2021 National Championship the following year for another prediction. As far as depth, size, skill, and balance, 2020 and 2021 are looking similar to North Carolina's 2008 FF team and 2009 National Championship team. It is Purdue's time (destiny) for 2020 FF and 2021 National Championship. They certainly have the talent and coaching to make 2020 and 2021 a reality. 2021 is in Indianapolis, too.

Reactions: boiler800
what's written on an internet forum places ZERO pressure on the Purdue basketball team. We're just not that important.
HEY - quit looking ahead. We might cause the team to lose to Ohio U in the non-con. “One game at a time.”

If Proctor isn't better than what we have as Quad said, then the a final four is out of the question.

Reactions: Boiler Buck
I was very impressed with what the team did this past year after losing the 4 seniors, very impressed. Now we lose 2 outstanding shooters plus my man Grady, i say that cause he was a great glue guy. The scorers will no doubt be hard to replace but also "Johnny on the spot" Eifert will be a serious loss. But hell i wont be doubting anything this team does this year. I'm really seeing a huge improvement in what Painters squads do to impress lately so sky is the limit i think with this much talent.

Reactions: johnwooden1932
It's probably too early to claim this team is already better and deeper than last year's team.
Huh, who would of imagined you would take the first opportunity to knock Purdue. I'm shocked SHOCKED I SAY!

How do you think your hoosiers are gonna do? NIT finally this year?

In general I agree with you. But I do think some of the "noise" from this forum does get back to the players at times. I do think we have a lot of winners on our team, so I think they will put enough pressure on themselves to suceed and anything said on here won't add to any pressure.

Huh, who would of imagined you would take the first opportunity to knock Purdue. I'm shocked SHOCKED I SAY!

How do you think your hoosiers are gonna do? NIT finally this year?
How is what I said a knock? I literally said it's too early to tell.

I'm not shocked you missed the point.

Reactions: JohnHoosierr
In general I agree with you. But I do think some of the "noise" from this forum does get back to the players at times. I do think we have a lot of winners on our team, so I think they will put enough pressure on themselves to suceed and anything said on here won't add to any pressure.
I agree with this. While they don't post here, a parent of one does and as you said I have little doubt the players know what is said.

In this day and age where social media is basically everything, I would think it is rather unlikely that they don't hear about things posted here and other sites.

Now, I do think the team is mature enough to not think much of what we post and let their actions speak for themselves. But some players on other teams I recall have made mention of forum/twitter/etc posts so the evidence is there.

Thankfully, at least as far as our team is concerned, they don't listen any of the negativeness and just go play.

Of course it is not out of the question. However, losing 50% of your scoring is also not a "no big deal".

As we all know, the NCAA Tournament relies on a lot more than just skill. Last year, we didn't really get a break in terms of seeding, but Villanova was a great match up for us for example in what can be a tricky 3/6 match up (a team that switches on every screen). And we got hot at the right times - particularly certain players. Ryan Cline doesn't go off against Tennessee, no chance we win that. Carsen doesn't go off in the second half against UVA, no way we're in overtime. But it's also a reason to be optimistic going forward where we'll see a more balanced offense and we won't rely on this or that person to have a game of their lives to be able to beat a top team.

Any team in the top 7 seeds you can say "is not out of the question" on a Final Four run. If you really want to look at expectations, 2021 would be the year to circle given our roster stays intact.

I agree with this. While they don't post here, a parent of one does and as you said I have little doubt the players know what is said.

In this day and age where social media is basically everything, I would think it is rather unlikely that they don't hear about things posted here and other sites.

Now, I do think the team is mature enough to not think much of what we post and let their actions speak for themselves. But some players on other teams I recall have made mention of forum/twitter/etc posts so the evidence is there.

Thankfully, at least as far as our team is concerned, they don't listen any of the negativeness and just go play.
My son personally knows I’m on this site and he himself doesn’t engage or have an account on this site at all. What I’ve learned is we all have opinions doesn’t mean there facts. I have a close view of what’s going on bcuz my son is on the team however view points opinions are just that and since it’s a free board of expression opinions viewpoint we all have that right to speak on it. Now some hoes overboard with those things I’ve mentioned bcuz some think they know everything and they don’t know nothing and you can’t tell them differently and even that’s ok bcuz it’s there right doesn’t mean it’s right. I’ve learned even I cannot get caught up in some of this stuff that is being said and I’ve calmed down a lot and what is being said I have to remember it’s an opinion not fact. Critique and criticizing 2 different things that’s when sometimes things go haywire but hey you take the good with the bad. If we can try to be civil in our comments even from visitors who talking college basketball this thing will work when it’s free to talk all things Purdue basketball.

My son personally knows I’m on this site and he himself doesn’t engage or have an account on this site at all. What I’ve learned is we all have opinions doesn’t mean there facts. I have a close view of what’s going on bcuz my son is on the team however view points opinions are just that and since it’s a free board of expression opinions viewpoint we all have that right to speak on it. Now some hoes overboard with those things I’ve mentioned bcuz some think they know everything and they don’t know nothing and you can’t tell them differently and even that’s ok bcuz it’s there right doesn’t mean it’s right. I’ve learned even I cannot get caught up in some of this stuff that is being said and I’ve calmed down a lot and what is being said I have to remember it’s an opinion not fact. Critique and criticizing 2 different things that’s when sometimes things go haywire but hey you take the good with the bad. If we can try to be civil in our comments even from visitors who talking college basketball this thing will work when it’s free to talk all things Purdue basketball.
You already know this Treed1967.....Purdue is Final 4 bound 2020 Atlanta.

Purdue is destined to make the 2020 Final 4 in Atlanta. They will definitely loose some games they should not, but when NCAA Tournament time comes, they will make their way to Atlanta, GA for a Final Four Appearance.

Of course it is not out of the question. However, losing 50% of your scoring is also not a "no big deal".

As we all know, the NCAA Tournament relies on a lot more than just skill. Last year, we didn't really get a break in terms of seeding, but Villanova was a great match up for us for example in what can be a tricky 3/6 match up (a team that switches on every screen). And we got hot at the right times - particularly certain players. Ryan Cline doesn't go off against Tennessee, no chance we win that. Carsen doesn't go off in the second half against UVA, no way we're in overtime. But it's also a reason to be optimistic going forward where we'll see a more balanced offense and we won't rely on this or that person to have a game of their lives to be able to beat a top team.

Any team in the top 7 seeds you can say "is not out of the question" on a Final Four run. If you really want to look at expectations, 2021 would be the year to circle given our roster stays intact.
Agree with you on everything you said. And what you said about 2021 is spot on, has strong potential for a National Championship run

I would guess that there are about 50-60 teams next year whose talent is the equal or superior to Purdue. Those teams could and will beat us on the court. We just have to be lucky at the right times in the NCAA's. Nothing is a given, and no expectations should be formed based on our E8 run last year. The game is not a progressive series of accomplishments. This is a new team with new players and some important players from last year missing. We will be good, but we need to be lucky too.

I would guess that there are about 50-60 teams next year whose talent is the equal or superior to Purdue. Those teams could and will beat us on the court. We just have to be lucky at the right times in the NCAA's. Nothing is a given, and no expectations should be formed based on our E8 run last year. The game is not a progressive series of accomplishments. This is a new team with new players and some important players from last year missing. We will be good, but we need to be lucky too.
Luck u can say that but when u 7 players return with experience with more minutes more confidence with the athletes skilled players size length shooters and each of these players got a taste of almost making it to a final 4 nothing is impossible believe that. Every year teams looses impact players others emerges and trust in believe others will step up offensively in a big big way more than some of u may think. 90% of college basketball including Purdue faithful didn’t see that team getting that far in the tournament once again they know there being doubted and again they got something to prove

Luck u can say that but when u 7 players return with experience with more minutes more confidence with the athletes skilled players size length shooters and each of these players got a taste of almost making it to a final 4 nothing is impossible believe that. Every year teams looses impact players others emerges and trust in believe others will step up offensively in a big big way more than some of u may think. 90% of college basketball including Purdue faithful didn’t see that team getting that far in the tournament once again they know there being doubted and again they got something to prove

Actually, Seth Davis had Purdue going to the Final Four! ha

There were plenty of expectations going into the tournament...a lot of people on here were straight up overlooking the first 2 games to Louisville. We certainly were not a cinderella.

That being said, many people do overlook Purdue when talking about strong teams. We won't go into the season with a lot of hype, but that's also partially due to having to retool the roster a bit. We know we have a strong coach and have seen these teams develop just like we did last year. It's not about being hyped before the season, but at the end.

Anything is possible. Just look at virginia. They are not a blue chip program and are not loaded with NBA talent, yet they won it all.

Actually, Seth Davis had Purdue going to the Final Four! ha

There were plenty of expectations going into the tournament...a lot of people on here were straight up overlooking the first 2 games to Louisville. We certainly were not a cinderella.

That being said, many people do overlook Purdue when talking about strong teams. We won't go into the season with a lot of hype, but that's also partially due to having to retool the roster a bit. We know we have a strong coach and have seen these teams develop just like we did last year. It's not about being hyped before the season, but at the end.
Yes indeed and they will get the hype once they punch their ticket to the 2020 Final Four in Atlanta next March.

Purdue was less than a second away from a final 4 and possibly more if it weren't for that crazy and I would say "lucky" play by UVA. As frustrating for fans (although a very satisfying run to watch) I can only imagine how motivating it is for Nojel and his team mates to prep and fight for next season to get to the final 4.

You loose two guy's who shoot out of their minds in the tournament..One a All -American.Those aren't just plug in and replace guy's..I could possibly see a sweet sixteen.With a good draw..

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT