ADVERTISEMENT

Illinois v. Purdue (Game Thread)

Surprised that Illinois didn't turn up the pressure - down to 2 and half minutes.

Jaden Ivey - oh wow! a little cliche - but a statement game here!

Reactions: TX4GB
For pit who is going ape shit somewhere for this W.
img_0250_0.jpg

I would like to give a shout out to Ethan Morton and Mason Gillis who, in the first half, made plays when we were struggling. Our bench and role players continue to show up when they are needed

Zach gets the spotlight but Travian is the straw that stirs the drink.

We have never had to player like Ivey ever. He is the reason I think we can win it all, nights like tonight when he just takes over. When we tapped out of the Tourney years past it has more times than not been due to scoring droughts and getting out-athleted (if that is a word). Ivey solves both.

I would like to give a shout out to Ethan Morton and Mason Gillis who, in the first half, made plays when we were struggling. Our bench and role players continue to show up when they are needed

Zach gets the spotlight but Travian is the straw that stirs the drink.

We have never had to player like Ivey ever. He is the reason I think we can win it all, nights like tonight when he just takes over. When we tapped out of the Tourney years past it has more times than not been due to scoring droughts and getting out-athleted (if that is a word). Ivey solves both.
Agree except Big Dog says don’t forget about me

Couple things:
1) Worst officiated 2nd half I can remember. I don't complain about officials because its just human error but that was beyond embarrassing. They honestly looked like tired old men just guessing about calls because it was past their bed time. Pathetic. I hope Painter sends every bias/wrong/missed call to the league office.
2) Ivey...I have only heard stories about big dog but I image he had several games like that. What a freak but huge credit for working on his game and making himself into a top 5 NBA lottery pick.
3) Morton and Furst- HUGE 8 pts from them tonight. Morton stepping up when we needed him most. Gave me goosebumps. His run was the most fired up I was all night yelling some lets ****ing go at the TV. Awesome to see them step-up when needed against a high level opponent.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT