ADVERTISEMENT

Illinois over Wyoming

arcb102000

All-American
Aug 27, 2006
Bielema has the Illini looking good. They dominated Wyoming, which is usually a pretty decent team.

I have read that coaches feel that teams improve most between their first and second game. As such, I am surprised that IU did not schedule a game prior to their opening this week against Illinois. I would think that Allen needs a bowl game this year in order to keep the fan base happy. It seems that by not scheduling a tune-up game, he is giving Illinois an advantage in a game that he needs to win, even though it is at home in Bloomington. I don't get the strategy.

Bielema has the Illini looking good. They dominated Wyoming, which is usually a pretty decent team.

I have read that coaches feel that teams improve most between their first and second game. As such, I am surprised that IU did not schedule a game prior to their opening this week against Illinois. I would think that Allen needs a bowl game this year in order to keep the fan base happy. It seems that by not scheduling a tune-up game, he is giving Illinois an advantage in a game that he needs to win, even though it is at home in Bloomington. I don't get the strategy.
The strategy is that Love will prevail.

There are certain qualifications that need to be met in order to schedule a game this week. That’s why this week is known as “week 0”. I’ll admit I don’t fully understand the circumstances around it, but It has something to do with being able to have a bye week after long travel. The announcers mentioned that teams playing Hawaii are eligible for week 0 games (and probably others such as NU and NU). Wyoming plays hawaii, so they were eligible to schedule this game. iu could not have scheduled a tune up game.

Reactions: Chi-Boiler
Wyoming is trash, but Illinois appears to be a functional D1 football team, dating back to the Penn State game last year. I still don’t get the IU -3 1/2 next week.

Wyoming is trash, but Illinois appears to be a functional D1 football team, dating back to the Penn State game last year. I still don’t get the IU -3 1/2 next week.
It was actually higher than that until Illinois played so well yesterday.

I dont know how well IU will do against Illinois but you can bet the Hoosier passing game will be more productive than Wyomings was.The Cowboy passing game produced 30 yards on 5 completions in 20 attempts.Thats for the whole game.

There are certain qualifications that need to be met in order to schedule a game this week. That’s why this week is known as “week 0”. I’ll admit I don’t fully understand the circumstances around it, but It has something to do with being able to have a bye week after long travel. The announcers mentioned that teams playing Hawaii are eligible for week 0 games (and probably others such as NU and NU). Wyoming plays hawaii, so they were eligible to schedule this game. iu could not have scheduled a tune up game.
FSU played yesterday. At no time this season do they leave the Southeast or ACC footprint. I do not get it with Week 0.

Last edited:
Reactions: DAG10
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT