ADVERTISEMENT

Illinois gets even thinner at the QB spot..Cam Thomas leaving program/school

If this is another example of a player transferring or quitting immediately (Nebraska, Indiana) after getting beat out for the starting Quarterback job, is this a disturbing trend or do we just chalk it up to guys trying to get theirs?

If this is another example of a player transferring or quitting immediately (Nebraska, Indiana) after getting beat out for the starting Quarterback job, is this a disturbing trend or do we just chalk it up to guys trying to get theirs?

I'm not sure about the answer to your question, but I'm surprised this doesn't happen more often.

Many of these guys aren't well-grounded. Some are. But, you have to keep in mind, these D1 athletes have been told all their lives how awesome they are. Many have never struggled for a starting position.

Similarly, I'm stunned how many HS players (in many sports) transfer at the first sign of adversity. There are starting (and backup) QBs all over central IN who are living in one district, playing for a HS in another district. It's bizarre.

I've even seen it happen at the JV baseball level. It is un-flipping-real.

How many schools are now down to ONE scholarshipped QB in the Big Ten West

Nebraska, Minnesota, Illinois?

EDIT: Illinois has two true freshman on the roster. My bad

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT