ADVERTISEMENT

If there wasn't video evidence of it I wouldn't believe it

24/7 cable news WILL be the death of this country. They have proven time and time again they will say and do anything to get ratings and/or push their agenda. Sad.

https://dailycaller.com/2018/09/11/...graver-threat-to-america-than-9-11-attackers/
like or dislike Trump I think he is doing or trying to do what he said he would do unlike so many politicians. In doing so, obviously those that never voted for him are concerned in that he is trying to do what he said to get elected. Why the chasm between the media and what many voters wanted?

What is the huge threat? Lower taxes? Wall? Removing MS13? Ice? Building the military? Nato? China? North Korea? Iran? Syria? Russia? China? Reducing regulations? Exposing government single-celled employees? Christmas? Etc..

The country issues have been around for some time. I understand that "some" might strongly dislike Trump for various reasons, but the biggest fear we have...a fear that has grown since the election? Even in my most cynical moment I have difficulty thinking Scarborough believes what he says as much as hyperbole for those that watch. I mean there are positive results on many fronts...and for those that don't value the results..is he really a bigger threat than those wishing to kill us?

like or dislike Trump I think he is doing or trying to do what he said he would do unlike so many politicians. In doing so, obviously those that never voted for him are concerned in that he is trying to do what he said to get elected. Why the chasm between the media and what many voters wanted?

What is the huge threat? Lower taxes? Wall? Removing MS13? Ice? Building the military? Nato? China? North Korea? Iran? Syria? Russia? China? Reducing regulations? Exposing government single-celled employees? Christmas? Etc..

The country issues have been around for some time. I understand that "some" might strongly dislike Trump for various reasons, but the biggest fear we have...a fear that has grown since the election? Even in my most cynical moment I have difficulty thinking Scarborough believes what he says as much as hyperbole for those that watch. I mean there are positive results on many fronts...and for those that don't value the results..is he really a bigger threat than those wishing to kill us?
I look for my President to do three things:
1. Provide an economic environment that allows for low unemployment and strong GDP.
2. Keep the country safe.
3. Nominate non activist judges.

Trump is 3 for 3. All of this crap on cable news is just noise because they still can't get over Hillary losing.

Reactions: TwinDegrees2
The likelihood of Trump doing something to negatively impact my life (or any politician, for that matter) is greater than the likelihood that I or my family will be killed by North Koreans or Iranians or Chinese or Russians or anyone else in my lifetime.
OK - so why weren't you and Scarborough saying this crap when Obama was in office?

I look for my President to do three things:
1. Provide an economic environment that allows for low unemployment and strong GDP.
2. Keep the country safe.
3. Nominate non activist judges.

Trump is 3 for 3. All of this crap on cable news is just noise because they still can't get over Hillary losing.
The election was almost two years ago. When are you people going to stop with this lame ass excuse for why people hate Trump? JFC. There are plenty of reasons.

3 for 3 on Monday morning.

So judges and the economy we're the only reasons you ever criticized Obama? Give me a freakin break.

You have to be smarter than this.

The election was almost two years ago. When are you people going to stop with this lame ass excuse for why people hate Trump? JFC. There are plenty of reasons.

3 for 3 on Monday morning.

So judges and the economy we're the only reasons you ever criticized Obama? Give me a freakin break.
With regard to Trump - rational people will agree that all of this talk of impeachment, removal from office, and greater threat than terrorists is 100% because liberals still can't believe their gal lost and he won. That's what all of this crap on cable news is all about. All of their complaints are just noise. Most people don't give a crap what some low level official in the white house thinks of our POTUS. They really don't. Yet our media has been covering it non stop for a week. Why? Because they can't believe Hillary lost, that's why. So we'll stop saying "Get over it, she lost" when the media shows that they're actually over it.

With regard to Obama - criticizing and saying he was more of a threat to this country than terrorists are two entirely different levels. You understand that right?

1564407-holy_facepalm.jpg

With regard to Trump - rational people will agree that all of this talk of impeachment, removal from office, and greater threat than terrorists is 100% because liberals still can't believe their gal lost and he won. That's what all of this crap on cable news is all about. All of their complaints are just noise. Most people don't give a crap what some low level official in the white house thinks of our POTUS. They really don't. Yet our media has been covering it non stop for a week. Why? Because they can't believe Hillary lost, that's why. So we'll stop saying "Get over it, she lost" when the media shows that they're actually over it.

With regard to Obama - criticizing and saying he was more of a threat to this country than terrorists are two entirely different levels. You understand that right?
If you think the media only talks about Trump because they are pissed about the election then we're done.

As for Obama, try to follow this, you said you only cared about 3 things from your president. If you complained about any other than those three things about Obama then you are lying. Did you?

The likelihood of Trump doing something to negatively impact my life (or any politician, for that matter) is greater than the likelihood that I or my family will be killed by North Koreans or Iranians or Chinese or Russians or anyone else in my lifetime.
no question " negatively impact" are the operative words and in that light you are 100% correct. 100% correct. Without the strawman...is Trump more likely to kill you or someone else outside this country or someone in opposition to Trump? Both unlikely...but that scenario is much different than negativelhy impact.

no question " negatively impact" are the operative words and in that light you are 100% correct. 100% correct. Without the strawman...is Trump more likely to kill you or someone else outside this country or someone in opposition to Trump? Both unlikely...but that scenario is much different than negativelhy impact.
Wait... you said without the straw man, and then built an even better straw man!

No, I do not have to be smarter than this...whatever "this" is? I seek no pat on the back of approval nor seek grounds with the majority on many things. I can be as dumb as many if I want...it is a free world! ;)
Just a sampling from a pool of many written decades ago by H L Mencken...

"My guess is that well over 80 percent of the human race goes without having a single original thought."

"Nobody ever went broke underestimating the intelligence of the American public."

"The government consists of a gang of men exactly like you and me. They have, taking one with another, no special talent for the business of government; they have only a talent for getting and holding office."

The men the American people admire most extravagantly are the most daring liars; the men they detest most violently are those who try to tell them the truth."

"The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary."

"Under democracy one party always devotes its chief energies to trying to prove that the other party is unfit to rule - and both commonly succeed, and are right."

"The cure for the evils of democracy is more democracy!"

"The aim of public education is not to spread enlightenment at all; it is simply to reduce as many individuals as possible to the same safe level, to breed and train a standardized citizenry, to put down dissent and originality. That is its aim in the United States, whatever the pretensions of politicians, pedagogues and other such mountebanks, and that is its aim everywhere else."

They have proven time and time again they will say and do anything to get ratings and/or push their agenda. Sad.

it can be pretty effective i hear

"There's something going on. You know, people cannot believe that President Obama is acting the way he acts and can't even mention the words radical Islamic terrorism. There's something going on — it's inconceivable. There's something going on."
june '16, d.trump

"ISIS is honoring President Obama. He's the founder of ISIS. He's the founder of ISIS. He's the founder. He founded ISIS."
aug '16, d.trump

No, I do not have to be smarter than this...whatever "this" is? I seek no pat on the back of approval nor seek grounds with the majority on many things. I can be as dumb as many if I want...it is a free world! ;)
Just a sampling from a pool of many written decades ago by H L Mencken...

"My guess is that well over 80 percent of the human race goes without having a single original thought."

"Nobody ever went broke underestimating the intelligence of the American public."

"The government consists of a gang of men exactly like you and me. They have, taking one with another, no special talent for the business of government; they have only a talent for getting and holding office."

The men the American people admire most extravagantly are the most daring liars; the men they detest most violently are those who try to tell them the truth."

"The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary."

"Under democracy one party always devotes its chief energies to trying to prove that the other party is unfit to rule - and both commonly succeed, and are right."

"The cure for the evils of democracy is more democracy!"

"The aim of public education is not to spread enlightenment at all; it is simply to reduce as many individuals as possible to the same safe level, to breed and train a standardized citizenry, to put down dissent and originality. That is its aim in the United States, whatever the pretensions of politicians, pedagogues and other such mountebanks, and that is its aim everywhere else."
Thanks for the historical quotes but they really don't apply.
"This" is the perception that many critics like Scarborough are talking only about policy. While many disagree with some policies, they are also talking about the damage he is doing to our public and private institutions, our political dialogue, bipartisanship, our relationships with our allies and the rest of the world......hell, our standing as the leader of the free world........and much more. If you're only looking at what promises he's trying to keep.........and ignoring the broader picture......well, you are smarter than that.

You strike me as someone who has more depth than say hunk.......who feels as long as he is safe and is making good money in a strong economy the POTUS is doing a great job.

When it turns out the next democratic president has slept around on his wife, or is a serial liar who religiously lies to make himself look better (Puerto Rico was "an incredible, unsung success"), or believes that publicly calling his opponents names, or chooses to pick fights with anyone that disagrees with him, or blames all his problems on others.......on and on....the folks who dismiss these acts as nothingburgers because the economy is good should say NOTHING.

When our allies refuse to help us in our next military operation, you can say nothing.

When foreigners come here and get the best education in the world........and then go back home instead of staying here, say nothing.

When your grandkids pay higher taxes to pay for your medicare and SS, say nothing.

I trust you get the idea.

What I don't understand.......if we have the greatest economy in the history of the world, Trump is trying to keep his promises, and "there are positive results on many fronts"..........why is this president at 40% approval? Somebody want to question all the polls.....except when they are good for Trump.....OK, why can't he break 50%?

His shtick his wearing thin. People don't trust him.....shocking. They're tired of the tweets, tired of the lies. If the economy steps back........it will if he overheats it and the tariffs continue, the party is over because that's what is keeping him alive.

If you think the media only talks about Trump because they are pissed about the election then we're done.

As for Obama, try to follow this, you said you only cared about 3 things from your president. If you complained about any other than those three things about Obama then you are lying. Did you?

So you're going to ignore the question?

So you're going to ignore the question?
Never to the level of equating him to terrorists or calling for him to be impeached/removed from office. But these are now daily norms for the left and our media...who have turned their industry into agenda leaning news coverage. And in your warped sense of reality, you think its justified because you personally don't like him. I personally don't like him either but as a conservative I couldn't be happier with the job he's done. Kind of like how the dems were able to overlook Clinton's personal failures but still think he was a good president.

Never to the level of equating him to terrorists or calling for him to be impeached/removed from office. But these are now daily norms for the left and our media...who have turned their industry into agenda leaning news coverage. And in your warped sense of reality, you think its justified because you personally don't like him.

which also describes then-candidate trump & fox

Last edited:
Never to the level of equating him to terrorists or calling for him to be impeached/removed from office. But these are now daily norms for the left and our media...who have turned their industry into agenda leaning news coverage. And in your warped sense of reality, you think its justified because you personally don't like him. I personally don't like him either but as a conservative I couldn't be happier with the job he's done. Kind of like how the dems were able to overlook Clinton's personal failures but still think he was a good president.
So.....you aren't going to answer the question. You only demand three things from Trump but apparently demanded and cared about much more when Obama was president.

Scarborough didn't "equate" Trump to terrorists. This is where both parties and their zombies always seem to go off the rail. The true meaning gets lost when repeated......and always to paint the opposition in the worst light. Joe didn't say Trump is the same as terrorists. That would imply, for one, that Trump has no problem killing Innocents. He said the results of Trump's actions on our society will be worse than terrorists. Big difference. But if you actually repeated what he said you wouldn't have any reason for your inane posts.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT