ADVERTISEMENT

If the new football hire is a homerun...

Oct 13, 2009
...we gotta give credit where credit is due: Matt Painter. If he doesn't call out Burke/the administration, Painter doesn't get his raise, he may go to Missouri, and I doubt we "open up the checkbook" for Hazell (which obviously didn't work out, but set the bar for football coach salary). We definitely don't fire Hazell mid-season and continue our downward spiral.

Instead, Painter calls out Burke/the administration, gets his raise and we pay $12 mil for a football coach, which sets the bar for our new AD, who supposedly has no financial restrictions on who to bring in. If we are New Years Day bowling again in a couple of years, I believe Matt Painter deserves some credit that began the domino effect.

Reactions: Bob the Boiler
Hope we hire someone good. I've been thankful that CMP stood up for his program since he did it.

Better question - if it's a home run hire, are you going to donate more to Purdue.

So many people have said "I won't give until we get a quality product..."

There is a change in the admin because a lot of money is on the sidelines and won't donate until football was addressed. Whale donors are pushing this.

Reactions: BoilerBloodline
Good point.
Will be interesting to see if MBob is blowing smoke or writes a big check.
I'm sure Burke is thankful to not have to do it.

Reactions: EastCoastBoiler
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT