ADVERTISEMENT

If next year isn't Hazell's last year, which would make him a lame duck if not extended

BoilermakerD

All-American
Apr 18, 2010
Then yeah, I'd say if we can get another win, keeping him another year CAN be a good thing.. if it comes with conditions.

1. You have to hire a new OC. He needs to be aggressive and space the field well. If you don't, you're fired.
2. You have to either fire Hudson or guarantee to me that you will make teams prove it to you over the top, like you did against Nebraska, instead of giving them the world to work with underneath. The first time I see 10 yard cushions, you get a set of steak knives and you're fired.
3. This probably means a new DB coach.
4. Lock me up either an impact recruit on the DL and a receiver.. not a big possession type and not a smaller quicker type... how about a guy who is both not small and still fast... do this by the Indiana game.. or, you're fired.

If all of this happens, I'm fine with it. There was actually a lot of progress on Saturday.

But this status quo, Shoop is coming back too... that's crap.

I can understand not having the balls to fire Hazell because of the buyout, but are you going to tell me you don't have enough to buy freaking SHOOP out? Come on man.

Impact for us.. impact in the sense of guys we've seen come through here. I'm not talking about getting Ndomakong Suh or someone like that. If we got two guys who were as good as Aaron Valentin and Akin Ayodele, neither of whom might have been highly rated, and if the coach could sell me on the abilities... based on our needs, I'd be pleased on that front.

Believe me, I'm well aware how hard this is when you aren't buying players, which is why I haven't slammed Hazell for recruiting.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT