ADVERTISEMENT

IF Brohm Leaves

Sure... Back when something like NIL didn't exist. Good luck trying to compete with Ohio State, Michigan and USC in NIL.
iu is the losingest program in the history of college football. They really should give up football. On the other hand, please don't. I enjoy watching Purdue kick your ass every year.

Since this is an exploratory thread at this point. Let me introduce you to a different perspective.

When Chad Morris was fired at Arkansas, they tried to recruit top talent and enticed them with SEC money. Every single target said no. Fortunately for them, a career assistant (no HC experience) literally begged them for an interview and a job. Enter Sam Pittman (great recruiter). He accepted less than HC dollars and the difference was invested into a higher assistant pool. Result: they enjoyed 3 solid years of good OC/DC play (and more importantly, continuity) and have had meaningful results. They hired Barry Odom as their DC (previously Missouri HC so added HC experience) and his last salary at Arkansas was 1.8 million/yr. Point is, you can buy that kind of HC experience in other ways, you just might need to be creative.

Playing the same card, let’s bring someone here who genuinely wants to be here. Shep?? If he lacks the HC experience, let’s explain to him why we have to go lesser on the front end of that contract and encourage them to pursue experienced OC/DCs with HC experience that can help him through. Not only that, let’s REALLY entice them with real $.

Hunter Yurachek (ARK AD) is considered a “genius” for his recent BB/FB hires. I’d like to think, as an observer, he genuinely got lucky. Do we give someone a shot like he did? If so, is that Shep?

All that matters to me is that Purdue is probably 5 times more likely than Indiana making that happen.

BTW, go back to your own board and stop bothering us here...
Purdue probably is. It's nothing but ba check from Indiana and they are always guaranteed to one. And soon they'll be even bigger checks.

I just had a thought. this is probably the wrong thread, but it's not really worth starting a new thread.

looking into the future, Purdue either stays in the west and plays USC orUCLA or possibly both every year, or purdue is shifted to the east and gets to play Mich and Penn St and OSU every year.

My thoughts are either way it will be very hard for Purdue to get 6-7 wins in the future. I'm not saying it can't be done. and the future bowls Purdue would qualify for would be basically the music city Bowl at best with 6-7 wins.

Whereby, going to Louisville, Brohm has a very easy path to an 8-9 win season every year. and he'd have the opportunity to play in the Gator or Holiday Bowls. and with a good season, maybe the orange bowl.

if he wants to stay at Louisville, he could build a great resume with 100-150 wins in the next 20 years, with some great Bowl opportunities. an 8-9 win season would keep the alumni happy, and Louisville attracts a lot of players. it's a very easy path to success.

staying at purdue, the road to an 7 win season is going to be tough.
I don't know if he planned it or even considered it but Brohm appears to have good timing..

We have to keep in mind for all the success we've had the last couple of years, Purdue has only beat 1 team that ended the season in the top 20 in the last 4 years (Michigan St in 2021)

Purdue plays Ohio State and Michigan next year in cross over games and Syracuse, at Virginia Tech and a Freson State (team that won their last 8 games and won their league). Throw in Wisconsin, Iowa and Minnesota and 7 and 5 seems like a a tall task next year.

Louisville will play an ACC schedule that excludes Clemson next year. They play Murray State, Indiana, and Kentucky in the preseason.

I'm not saying Purdue can't still win 7 or 8 games next year but the path to success is much easier at Louisville.

• Haha
Reactions: CardNation
Next year’s schedule and the future structure of the conference may have been factors for sure, but when Louisville didn’t extent their HC, the path began to get more clear. Purdue getting to the B1G Championship game was the nail. I personally do not blame Brohm for leaving to go home, wherever home was. Most of us would do the same. No doubt it will be tougher on Purdue FB the next few years without Brohm, but it will be interesting to watch how it all works out.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT