ADVERTISEMENT

I'd take this bracket

I like Lunardi's current bracket better. Auburn as the 4 seed. But we all know this is so fluid right now, but it's fun to discuss!

If UNC gets the West #1, I could see Tennessee getting the Midwest #2 and UK going to a different region.

I don’t get peoples fear about Kentucky. Can they put up 100? Yes but they don’t play defense. I wouldn’t be shocked if they get bounced in the round of 32 depending on their bracket.

I don’t get peoples fear about Kentucky. Can they put up 100? Yes but they don’t play defense. I wouldn’t be shocked if they get bounced in the round of 32 depending on their bracket.
You're certainly right they could get beat early. The reason I worry about a team like KY, is that when a team can score like that, and you have any kind of an off night they will/can out score you. Where a team that doesn't score as easily as they do you can be off and they aren't putting 90-100 on you. Better chance to stay with a team that doesn't score like that.

Reactions: ChoiceBeef
The committee can’t put the #5 overall team with the #1 overall team, so hopefully Purdue secures the top spot to avoid that.
If Tennessee wins the SEC tournament, I think they get the West #1. If not, I could see UNC and Arizona winning their tournaments and moving past them to grab the last #1 and first #2.

Meanwhile, I think that Purdue may need to win the Big Ten Tournament or at least making the final to hold to the #1 overall.

All speculation on my part, of course.

UK has the talent to win every game by double digits but also to get bounced in the first round haha

If Tennessee wins the SEC tournament, I think they get the West #1. If not, I could see UNC and Arizona winning their tournaments and moving past them to grab the last #1 and first #2.

Meanwhile, I think that Purdue may need to win the Big Ten Tournament or at least making the final to hold to the #1 overall.

All speculation on my part, of course.
#1 overall isn’t that big of a deal. We play in Indy already, and Houston and UConn play in their nearby regions too.

Yeah, on recruited talent, they should be #1, or top 4 at least. They are a perfect example of the value of teamwork.

I worry more about the #4-5 seeds than I do about the #2 seed.

The thing is , the 4/5 seed will be that first game of the second weekend. If Purdue makes it past that game, they will be playing the #2/3 seed for the right to play in the final 4. And I believe this team will have extra incentive and energy to win that second game.

Kentucky is a tough team. They can score 100 easily. The way to beat them is to take the same path as against Illinois to make them play our tempo. If we score 77 we win. We won’t win if in a run and gun game.

As with most Calipari teams, they had some growing pains early, but are playing pretty good down the stretch. Similar to Purdue, UK tends to play pretty well in “big” games but every so often can play down to the competition and get in trouble because they are getting everybody’s best shot all the time. They have a roster that could present some matchup problems for Purdue.

I know it's our job as fans to look at brackets and predict the paths, hurdles, watch-out games, etc, but to be honest, we've had such disappointing losses the last 3 years, it's almost not worth it (although I'll be sitting there Sunday night doing this exact thing during the selection show.

Kentucky guards would be a huge matchup problem for Purdue. But Edey would also be a huge problem. The UK guard foursome is the best in college bball l. The tempo is always fast and aggressive. My worry for Purdue would be could they outscore UK. UK will not double Edey. He could go for 50 but Purdue would need to hit some 3s.

Kentucky guards would be a huge matchup problem for Purdue. But Edey would also be a huge problem. The UK guard foursome is the best in college bball l. The tempo is always fast and aggressive. My worry for Purdue would be could they outscore UK. UK will not double Edey. He could go for 50 but Purdue would need to hit some 3s.
This. We fans are painfully aware that Purdue needs to hit their shots, regardless of who they play. And take care of the ball.

This. We fans are painfully aware that Purdue needs to hit their shots, regardless of who they play. And take care of the ball.
Why I might favor Purdue in this matchup is the addition of Jones and development of Smith. Plus Gillis is more consistent from deep. It would be a classic game. I actually think Purdue and UK are two of 6 teams in a tier above the rest and could win a title.

Reactions: BoilerAndy
#1 overall isn’t that big of a deal. We play in Indy already, and Houston and UConn play in their nearby regions too.
Its a big deal in the final 4 as u avoid both houston and uconn as those 2 would have to play eachother. The top 3 are in a group of our own

Its a big deal in the final 4 as u avoid both houston and uconn as those 2 would have to play eachother. The top 3 are in a group of our own
lol dude all teams in F4 are very good. Doesn’t matter who’s there. Gonna have to beat them and can’t keep trying to avoid them.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT