ADVERTISEMENT

I was there. I went out onto the field. Weather & Win...what a day!

MilwaukeeBoilerFan

All-American
May 29, 2001
I cannot state it any better than Travis Miller's article that I linked below about charging onto the field. Purdue has made it to the mountain and it is a good feeling. I never went to a game during the Hazell era. I watched from afar and I'll leave it at that. I'm glad I got a couple of tickets this week. My son and I had a good time at the game and we both ran onto the field with a buddy (Purdue Alumnus also). The buddy and I are both in our 50's and it was exciting to get the bucket back, to celebrate the win on the field with players, cheerleaders, fans all around us. That was great. I've only charged the field 3 times in my life. The best was the Ohio State (Brees to Morales), but this was a very good feeling as well.

https://www.hammerandrails.com/2017...-indiana-24-final-score-old-oaken-bucket-2017

Very cool
I felt the same way as I ran onto the field with my son!!!! I totally get Your description of how you watched the haze years - what a difference a coach can make for us fans and for the players themselves. After we celebrated on the Ross Ade field, my son and I exited on east side and encountered the team walking from Ross Ade to their locker rooms and their faces and voices were sooooo telling of their appreciation for this new thing called winning! Heard a couple players say “this is crazy” in response to the large crowd that lined the path from Ross Ade over to mollenkopf- I’m sure they had walked that route many times as dejected and unnoticed but yesterday it was a hero’s parade - BOILER UP!!!!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT