ADVERTISEMENT

Tennessee Voluntears: the gift that keeps on giving

bonefish1

All-American
Oct 4, 2004
Watching the ND v TN super regional baseball game last night held at TNs home field (which makes this even more enjoyable).
A TN player argues a strike call, gets tossed, coach comes charging out of the dugout, he gets tossed, then, like the good fans and citizens they are, the TN faithful start tossing garbage onto the field.
I think TN fans are still upset about the Edward’s 3pt shot foul call and the forward progress Music City Bowl call. This resection was just a continuation of their belief that God is against the Voluntears, all refs are paid by their opponent and no call has ever gone in their favor……ever. Loved watching it. Go Irish!

Watching the ND v TN super regional baseball game last night held at TNs home field (which makes this even more enjoyable).
A TN player argues a strike call, gets tossed, coach comes charging out of the dugout, he gets tossed, then, like the good fans and citizens they are, the TN faithful start tossing garbage onto the field.
I think TN fans are still upset about the Edward’s 3pt shot foul call and the forward progress Music City Bowl call. This resection was just a continuation of their belief that God is against the Voluntears, all refs are paid by their opponent and no call has ever gone in their favor……ever. Loved watching it. Go Irish!
If both of those teams could lose, it would be a good thing...

That’s probably more luck of the Irish crap then it is bad luck of the volunteers.

That’s probably more luck of the Irish crap then it is bad luck of the volunteers.
No luck involved. You can’t argue balls n strikes. If you saw the reaction of the TN player on the called strike (only strike one, by the way), you knew the ump wasn’t going to get shown up like that.
Then the coach comes storming out of the dugout like he’s charging the mound and you realize why the TN players lack composure.
Go Irish!

The Voluntears go down in a ball of whining, show boating, self grandizing, flames. It was beautiful. Apparently they're petitioning the NCAA for a clause that says they don't have to play teams from Indiana in elimination events.

Last edited:
Reactions: delarno
I am tired of all these whiny athletes. Of course, they see it in the pros, and it has filtered down. I see it constantly in age groups, like 10-12 year olds now, besides parents getting into it in the stands, coaches having words and wanting to go at it, etc. Sportsmanship is not a word that you can use much anymore in any sport.

A person I would like to see thrown out is Draymond Green. How he has not been thrown out of some of this year's NBA playoff games amazes me. He is the modern day version of Bill Laimbeer.

While the strike call was terrible, the player deserved to be ejected. Players don’t need to show up the umps - leave it to your coaches to argue calls.

While the strike call was terrible, the player deserved to be ejected. Players don’t need to show up the umps - leave it to your coaches to argue calls.
Dude come on you guys can’t come around here posting all reasonable. You’re supposed to come back 6 months later like “we been cheated!!!”

Reactions: vol_scott
Lol - I’m a fairly “by the book” guy. Guess it is the military background.

Still think we scored on that last play though - but not losing sleep over it 🙂
Nope....still down by forward progress. And if forward progress wasn't called, the TN illegally pulled him into the endzone which is a penalty. So either way, TN doesn't get a score.
And....AND.....if they did score, Purdue would have turned right around, scored, and gone for 2, ending the game anyway. So, it didn't really matter.
(thank you for your service).

ADVERTISEMENT